ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa recruiting thread.

Who isn’t going to PSU is the question people should be asking
For one, I am tired of hearing about who is going to PSU. When we miss a guy who goes to PSU, unfortunately we hear all about it and the s**t starts flying. This board needs to ban the cocky and arrogant remarks from PSU trolls. They consistently come here and hi-Jack our threads.

I am interested in who is going to Iowa and what we have to look forward to. If you’re a PSU fan who is going to retort, buzz off.

For one, I am tired of hearing about who is going to PSU. When we miss a guy who goes to PSU, unfortunately we hear all about it and the s**t starts flying. This board needs to ban the cocky and arrogant remarks from PSU trolls. They consistently come here and hi-Jack our threads.

I am interested in who is going to Iowa and what we have to look forward to. If you’re a PSU fan who is going to retort, buzz off.
Yeah, I actually started posting here again with the new management and the message that trolls would be banned. Sadly, this board now looks like Mike Zierath is back at the controls. Some of us may not be around for long if it remains a playground for PSU shills with personality disorders.

Yeah, I actually started posting here again with the new management and the message that trolls would be banned. Sadly, this board now looks like Mike Zierath is back at the controls. Some of us may not be around for long if it remains a playground for PSU shills with personality disorders.

I haven’t started posting on On3 yet but I see some posts there. And Mike Z isn’t the mod. (And I like Mike, but that’s another story.)

That said, someone already signed up as SPOONER there so I’d have to find a new monicker. If someone did it to screw with me, I have to respect that.

Baby Hat GIF

Hey, if you, Bobby, and the like want to keep insinuating that PSU’s recruiting success over the past 10+ years is the result of cheating, well. you’re just inviting debate with PSU fans.

You make the bed . . .

For what it's worth thanks for coming back. You have really good input. Much appreciated!

I haven’t started posting on On3 yet but I see some posts there. And Mike Z isn’t the mod. (And I like Mike, but that’s another story.)

That said, someone already signed up as SPOONER there so I’d have to find a new monicker. If someone did it to screw with me, I have to respect that.

Baby Hat GIF
IIRC, when BWI moved to On3, I think someone swiped WildTurk’s handle before he could claim it. The shenanigans on these boards can be pretty amusing.

I’d bet money Nagao doesn’t go to PSU. Any PSU poster that knows anything would agree. Doesn’t mean he will be a Hawk though. Wait and see.
I couldn't tell you, I don't follow recruiting as much as others. I figure we all figure out soon enough, so why worry .
Speculation is fun of course, it's why these sights exist.
I follow the Stones philosophy on it:

• Haha
Reactions: el dub and sabula
And, for the 3rd time, he’s not a big time recruit. Why do I need to keep saying this? What he ranks in a state that turns out so few D1 AAs is irrelevant.

You guys look super dumb disagreeing with me. A guy ranked in that 75+ range isn’t a big recruit. Top 15ish is blue chip. Hell, maybe even lower. It’s hilarious that you’re claiming otherwise.
not that it matters, but what has Dru done or who has he beat to be considered a top recruit? I'm no guru, but not sure he is even top 10 in Iowa in his class. Certainly not top 100 nationally.

70 kg is like 154. He is going to go up 20 pounds? and yes, they are digging their own grave over in happy kitty valley. They will see a lot more Bread type problems very soon! All the great Krailures promises/lies will come to light!
They are digging their own grave? By getting tremendous recruits and winning team and individual titles in a dominating fashion? They are widening the gap by outcompeting us in every aspect. Your take is certifiably insane. I'd love for Iowa to have a "Beard type problem" where a potential future AA has to transfer because his replacement is going to win a national title.

not that it matters, but what has Dru done or who has he beat to be considered a top recruit? I'm no guru, but not sure he is even top 10 in Iowa in his class. Certainly not top 100 nationally.

No one. That’s why he isn’t a top recruit.

For goodness sakes, people. That’s the 4th time now. Why do I have to keep saying this?

Last edited:
If messenbrink goes there Facundo should transfer. I’m sure psu would accept that trade off….but now it seems like they have their cake and are eating the shit out of it too.
Who is going to tell PSU that their ass got fat? It won’t be Micropenio. Maybe Smalls and it will probably go something like this, “Iowa said that third place trophy makes your ass look fat.”

Last edited:
Please let this be right and mean it is Iowa. I don't think I can take another guy going to Psu. Something does have to change with recruiting though. We are a distant second right now, and maybe even third or fourth.

Gobbling - do we know where he is going or just don't think it is psu?
I don’t think he goes to PSU and I think we have a very good shot.

Please let this be right and mean it is Iowa. I don't think I can take another guy going to Psu. Something does have to change with recruiting though. We are a distant second right now, and maybe even third or fourth.

Gobbling - do we know where he is going or just don't think it is psu?
Maybe a distant second in depth but they can only wrestle 10 guys.

Hey, if you, Bobby, and the like want to keep insinuating that PSU’s recruiting success over the past 10+ years is the result of cheating, well. you’re just inviting debate with PSU fans.

You make the bed . . .
You PSU posters on here (with a few exceptions) really don't understand, do you? It's hard to believe that you're really so obtuse. The BWI board is for PSU fans to discuss whatever, and what you post is of no concern to me and most all Iowa fans. Likewise, the HR board is for Iowa fans to post whatever they wish, and it should be of no concern to you.

I have no business posting something on BWI that I know would be trolling or would instigate something -- if I did, then I should expect harsh replies from PSU fans (and I'd probably be banned from your board, though the HR moderators are unlikely to do so here when you post trolling or incendiary remarks).

However...in this open internet age it is hard to regulate bad behavior - people feel that they can do whatever they want, anonymously, with little consequence. The behavior of PSU fans on this board is reflective of U.S. society at large, with a large percentage of individuals being inconsiderate and disrespectful of others. That is exactly what your behavior is here. We leave you alone, please leave us alone!!

You PSU posters on here (with a few exceptions) really don't understand, do you? It's hard to believe that you're really so obtuse. The BWI board is for PSU fans to discuss whatever, and what you post is of no concern to me and most all Iowa fans. Likewise, the HR board is for Iowa fans to post whatever they wish, and it should be of no concern to you.

I have no business posting something on BWI that I know would be trolling or would instigate something -- if I did, then I should expect harsh replies from PSU fans (and I'd probably be banned from your board, though the HR moderators are unlikely to do so here when you post trolling or incendiary remarks).

However...in this open internet age it is hard to regulate bad behavior - people feel that they can do whatever they want, anonymously, with little consequence. The behavior of PSU fans on this board is reflective of U.S. society at large, with a large percentage of individuals being inconsiderate and disrespectful of others. That is exactly what your behavior is here. We leave you alone, please leave us alone!!
I think I understand that a faction of posters here expect to be able to accuse PSU of cheating without the inconvenience of receiving pushback, but I do not agree that a Rivals forum, by design, is a reasonable place to have that expectation. The entire model is based on interaction between fan bases. There will be good, bad, and ugly interactions . . . influenced by everyone’s behavior, not just that of PSU fans.

Based on the content of the post to which I replied, and on the history of the individuals addressed, I believe my post was both logical and reasonable.

I think I understand that a faction of posters here expect to be able to accuse PSU of cheating without the inconvenience of receiving pushback, but I do not agree that a Rivals forum, by design, is a reasonable place to have that expectation. The entire model is based on interaction between fan bases. There will be good, bad, and ugly interactions . . . influenced by everyone’s behavior, not just that of PSU fans.

Based on the content of the post to which I replied, and on the history of the individuals addressed, I believe my post was both logical and reasonable.
If I were to post on BWI like you post on here, it's certain that I would be banned. However, I WOULDN'T post like you PSU posters do, because I treat others in a respectful and considerate manner, and I know my place.

If I were to post on BWI like you post on here, it's certain that I would be banned. However, I WOULDN'T post like you PSU posters do, because I treat others in a respectful and considerate manner, and I know my place.
Well, I disagree with your first point, and I do not believe your record is as spotless as your second point indicates. But you’d be free to interact at HVI (BWI moved to On3) to the extent you did not violate forum rules egregiously.

How many iowa posters, or posters from any other schools, post on bwi or w/e its called? Seems like half the posters on here anymore are your scum bag brethren. It’s tiring

Just go away mushhead and quit trying to police what is discussed here.

Just go away mushhead and quit trying to police what is discussed here.
I'm not going to lie, it's pretty funny (and sad) watching this dork try to explain to Iowa fans why it's okay for him and the other PSU clowns to be insufferable douchebags on an Iowa message board. Their need to come here every single day to defend every negative thing said about their program just shows how insecure these guys really are.

I just wish @Eliot Clough would truly clean house and get rid of these trolls who bring absolutely no value to the board.

Amazingly, you continue to miss the point. if you shit where others eat, you will not be liked. Understand yet?

I made my points and stand by them. Those who wish to belabor the discussion are, of course, free to do so, but I don’t really have anything further to add.

• Haha
Reactions: snotknockerhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT