ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa recruiting thread.

C'mon, that sounds too much like a defeatist attitude. Gable would have none of it. Regroup, redouble, buckle up, and soldier on!

Facts are facts and Gable isn't coaching.

With no legit competition it's going to get pretty boring discussing PSU wrestling. I mean you guys are already over here trying to get some conversation outside the echo chamber. Winning all the time and the team outcome being a foregone conclusion makes for boring conversation.

They are bringing in competition for blue chips who have one not dominant season while we fail to address legit lineup holes and let guys go unchallenged that haven't been AA in 2 or 3 tries.

Eff me I can’t believe I set you up for that.

Well psu just got messinbrink... can't wait to hear they landed nagao too
And wow did he go on and on about how awesome PSU's training style is. He really wants time to rebuild through cycles, and is phobic about training too hard, as he said, "just getting a sweat."

And wow did he go on and on about how awesome PSU's training style is. He really wants time to rebuild through cycles, and is phobic about training too hard, as he said, "just getting a sweat."

"From there, he narrowed down his list of schools based on the culture of the team and their “training cycles”. How teams trained was an important factor for Mesenbrink in narrowing down his list. The balance between live wrestling and focusing on technique is important to Mitchell and too much live wrestling in training, according to Mesenbrink can be dangerous. “I love wrestling every day. I love live wrestling, but not every day. I wanted to make sure I’m not getting crushed in college (by wrestling live too often).”

• Wow
Reactions: kjb32812
four guys for 2 weights!??!?! The hanes underwear kid, The mattress seally kid, Meskhead, and Fuked, who is leaving?????

• Haha
Reactions: HIWILLE
Yes. Like I said, not a big time recruit.
Willie has Dru ranked as either the 1 or 2 recruit in the state for 2024 class so the scouts see something in him for sure. I agree though would much rather see a Ferrari commit at this point.

Willie has Dru ranked as either the 1 or 2 recruit in the state for 2024 class so the scouts see something in him for sure. I agree though would much rather see a Ferrari commit at this point.
Another Ferrari commit...

Reactions: TS568

And, for the 3rd time, he’s not a big time recruit. Why do I need to keep saying this? What he ranks in a state that turns out so few D1 AAs is irrelevant.

You guys look super dumb disagreeing with me. A guy ranked in that 75+ range isn’t a big recruit. Top 15ish is blue chip. Hell, maybe even lower. It’s hilarious that you’re claiming otherwise.

The state is dried up a lot for the next couple classes. Willie's ranking is meaningless as to whether he is a big time recruit. There have been 3 and 4 time state champs in Iowa that were not big time recruits.

And, for the 3rd time, he’s not a big time recruit. Why do I need to keep saying this? What he ranks in a state that turns out so few D1 AAs is irrelevant.

You guys look super dumb disagreeing with me. A guy ranked in that 75+ range isn’t a big recruit. Top 15ish is blue chip. Hell, maybe even lower. It’s hilarious that you’re claiming otherwise.
Never said Big Time or Blue Chip and in fact said I’d much rather have Ferrari commit (any of them) who ARE Blue Chips.

Facundo will move to 74 after taking a olympic grey shirt next year.
How does he qualify for an olympic year? Once more, who else do they have coming in? How long will guys stay in school for nothing? They had that greco guy, who may still be there? Saw the mat a few times, was in the ROTC or something they said?

Most kids especially high end recruits want to wrestle. Guess we shall see?

Reactions: jayridescarbon
How does he qualify for an olympic year? Once more, who else do they have coming in? How long will guys stay in school for nothing? They had that greco guy, who may still be there? Saw the mat a few times, was in the ROTC or something they said?

Cadet Bronze?

Facundo 0-2 at National, No Soup for you! Come back, one year!

Seinfeld Soup GIF

Just to be clear, way sooner than 4-5 years would be 1-2 years, so you are predicting a title (and then as many or more than PSU going forward) either in 2024 or 2025, correct?

I guess you could mean 2026, but I don't think 3 would qualify as way sooner than 4-5. Probably only sooner. Again, just to be clear.
Does the fact he thinks Iowa has a chance hurt your ego or something? Just want to be clear about why you responded.

Does the fact he thinks Iowa has a chance hurt your ego or something? Just want to be clear about why you responded.
Is this a rhetorical question? We all know the answer to that one. They have a damn 40 page thread over there literally dedicated to what we say here. I can understand wanting to get out for fresh air every once in a while, the level of smug over there must be unbearable.
tenor.gif

That’s what I always wondered, how they can recruit so many blue chips at a weight, and the guys who get beat out waste their careers as bench cheerleaders. Something stinks there. With the way they are now stacked at the lowest 2 weights for years, why would Nagao want to go there???
To win a championship or two.

It use to be all about 9.5 schollys and camp money. With NIL it is all about the money. Iowa's new facility is great but it comes down to NIL $$$$. Just that simple.
It is more about where do I go to develop into the best I can be and win championships. That is State College. Heck if you want to win championships and for whatever reason you don't want to or can't go to Penn State, Cornell or Ohio State are farther up the ladder than Iowa.

Reactions: PSU621
This is so delusional. Digging their own grave one national title at a time? (Individual and team.)

Do you read what you type? Or think about the context?

This would be good satire of an obsessed fans reaction to getting throttled by competition. Like, maybe a South Park episode. But it doesn’t comport well with consensual reality.
He has been compared to Cartman on our board more than once.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, way sooner than 4-5 years would be 1-2 years, so you are predicting a title (and then as many or more than PSU going forward) either in 2024 or 2025, correct?

I guess you could mean 2026, but I don't think 3 would qualify as way sooner than 4-5. Probably only sooner. Again, just to be clear.
The dash was a typo. He meant 45 years.

Reactions: dicemen99
It is more about where do I go to develop into the best I can be and win championships. That is State College. Heck if you want to win championships and for whatever reason you don't want to or can't go to Penn State, Cornell or Ohio State are farther up the ladder than Iowa.
You are so full of shit

Reactions: HawkeyePA
Is this a rhetorical question? We all know the answer to that one. They have a damn 40 page thread over there literally dedicated to what we say here. I can understand wanting to get out for fresh air every once in a while, the level of smug over there must be unbearable.
tenor.gif
Never been on their site so I wouldn’t know. Not sure which is more dysfunctional — being so threatened by, and obsessed with, Iowa wrestling that they spend their days trolling on HR, or constantly fixating on what Iowa fans say here on their own board. Probably a toss-up. Both are just sad.

It use to be all about 9.5 schollys and camp money. With NIL it is all about the money. Iowa's new facility is great but it comes down to NIL $$$$. Just that simple.
it's been this way before NIL. Recruiting is way behind the team we are chasing and has been for a long time.

tenor.gif
I think it's more related to one poster.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT