ADVERTISEMENT

****Iowa severe weather outbreak thread 12/15****

84661284.jpg

It smelled like every house in the neighborhood had campfires going last night. The smoke smell finally cleared out.
I went to the gym last night after the storms blew through. When I walked out it was hazy as hell outside and I noticed that same smell. There was a looooot of smoke blown in/csb

Trucker flipped while driving during some of the worst of it and was not wearing a seat belt.

This happened right in front of first responders out on storm watch. They got there almost immediately and it was too late.

Just got a notice emailed from Mid American Energy. Estimated time for power being restored is SATURDAY AT 6 PM. WTF. To make it worse, ordered more home fuel to fill tank for my Generac Generator and was told the price of fuel is now $1.94 a gallon instead of the usual $1.15 per gallon. I asked if it was going to go down at some period of time and they laughed at me. I won't say what else they said because it would get political. When you are ordering 700 gallons, that adds up.

Dang hope it's soon this cold not good to combine with it.
MidAmerican had 6500 customers without power according to my last email at 10am. Usually they have an estimated time for restoration, but that one just said they will update when they know an approximate time. So not looking good.

MidAmerican had 6500 customers without power according to my last email at 10am. Usually they have an estimated time for restoration, but that one just said they will update when they know an approximate time. So not looking good.
It's come down substantially. 1 bright side is you can put your fridge and freezer items literally outside and not lose it. The plumbing is of concern. Hopefully this afternoon.

Reactions: Derekd3408
Ugh! Good luck to you. If it gets too bad, would your insurance cover a motel stay? We were without power for 11 days after the derecho, and I was seriously considering it just to get a comfortable night sleep for us.
We've had multiple friends reach out with a place to stay if needed. We only live 10 min from mason city and 15 from Clear Lake.

Yes. It is about an acre and a half and consist of native grasses and wildflowers. It's also where my shooting range is. You may be able to grow tomatoes year round at traditional manor but we have some cool shit around here also.

I call that the "lower back yard" here at The Manor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT