ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State punter tears achilles

Never experienced either thankfully but what's worse, a torn achilles or torn acl?
I've had both, and they both involved long recoveries without ever regaining full pre-injury function. The Achilles tear resulted in more functional loss that I didn't get back, but I was significantly older when it happened.

Either way, the kid is almost surely out for the season if it's a complete rupture.

Reactions: Wadzinator
Looks like their kicking game could end up being their Achilles heel!
697.jpg

The replacement punter will punt 5 times for an average of 64 yds and pin Iowa inside the 5 three times. And then suck for the rest of the season.

This is so true. If I could buy stock in that prediction, I'd put my life savings into it.

Reactions: HerkyFan
Have the boy wonder QB do it.
You mean the next big thing? In the last 2+ years, I think ISU has had at least 4-5 different starting Qbs during that time. And every single one of them was their would be "savior". Purdy is just the latest flash in the pan.

Reactions: 01Hawk05
You mean the next big thing? In the last 2+ years, I think ISU has had at least 4-5 different starting Qbs during that time. And every single one of them was their would be "savior". Purdy is just the latest flash in the pan.

He hasn't played against a Phil Parker defense yet. And we have plenty of film to study.

Thiago Santos fought multiple rounds in the UFC with a torn ACL, MCL, and PCL last weekend. That's just insanity.
Yes. I watched that and couldn't believe the toughness. I've torn both ACLs... cannot imagine kicking and pivoting.

You can still walk with a torn ACL

I still walked with a complete ruptured Achilles. Walked in the emergency room and told Dr. I thought I ruptured my Achilles. He said “you wouldn’t be able to walk if you ruptured your Achilles” Sent me home with some exercises to do. Went to different Dr. next day who looked at it in 3 seconds told me it was a complete rupture and need to schedule surgery ASAP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT