ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Iowa State 9/11

Saw him at a 7U youth baseball tourney at Cowney Park this summer. I was kind of surprised at how "rough" he looked from a distance and then saw him up close.

Back in the days... they called it "whiskey nose" as the blood vessels break from excessive alcohol use. That was the old thought, may not have had anything to do with blood vessels. Could certainly explain some of those sideline blowups we witnessed in recent years on the court and how he can scream at the kids in a temper tantrum.

I think he's one of these guys that could easily lose his temper in practice and get verbally and maybe even physically abusive to his players. Maybe this explains why he tolerates old man Joens and tolerates that behavior.
That’s prolly why that one isu legacy women’s hoops player (Katie F.) transferred to the Hawkeye’s program.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Funny shit is they have an entire thread on CyFan about how J Bo had it coming to him and he deserved it. So cheap shot blows to the head are cool with them.
This is why I fear for the safety of the football team if we win on 9/11. Clown fans will lose it and make the marching band assault look like kids play.

• Wow
This is why I fear for the safety of the football team if we win on 9/11. Clown fans will lose it and make the marching band assault look like kids play.
No kidding. I mean they still think it was warranted to assault Iowa band members for going out the wrong exit. I can only imagine what clone fans will be allowed to do this time around.

That’s prolly why that one isu legacy women’s hoops player (Katie F.) transferred to the Hawkeye’s program.
She was going back to the bench when MEM got healthy, so she headed East. Of the four freshman, she was going to get the least amount of PT moving forward. Good move for her and there are no hard feelings

• Haha
Reactions: jimbob22
She was going back to the bench when MEM got healthy, so she headed East. Of the four freshman, she was going to get the least amount of PT moving forward. Good move for her and there are no hard feelings
Women’s basketball is just another sport the clowns are Iowa’s little b**** in.

But at least you have Ashley Joens’ father to carry the flag for isu. He is the picture perfect example of how all isu fans should carry themselves.

Women’s basketball is just another sport the clowns are Iowa’s little b**** in.

But at least you Ashley Joens’ father to carry the flag for isu.
Hawks are fortunate that ISU blew a 17 pt Q4 lead last year. Hawks definitely have a superstar in Clark, but that won’t be enough this year as ISU has 2 superstars now.

• Haha
Hawks are fortunate that ISU blew a 17 pt Q4 lead last year. Hawks definitely have a superstar in Clark, but that won’t be enough this year as ISU has 2 superstars now.
Hawks are better but keep giving excuses as to why the clowns can’t keep up.

The iowa state excuse kings.

Hawks are better but keep giving excuses as to why the clowns can’t keep up.

The iowa state excuse kings.
I am willing to wager on that game as well, sport. Should we wager on FB, WBB, and throw in MBB for this year? Go ahead and ask permission, and get back to me.

• Haha
I am willing to wager on that game as well, sport. Should we wager on FB, WBB, and throw in MBB for this year? Go ahead and ask permission, and get back to me.
Why stop there, add in wrestling and every other sport we are dominating isu in. Or do we need to pick and choose as usual for clown fans to keep their delusions of grandeur going.

Why stop there, add in wrestling and every other sport we are dominating isu in. Or do we need to pick and choose as usual for clown fans to keep their delusions of grandeur going.
Nobody cares about wrestling anymore, so the major programs are fine. But if you insist on including the irrelevant programs, that would include cross country, softball, volleyball, golf, etc.

• Haha
Nobody cares about wrestling anymore, so the major programs are fine. But if you insist on including the irrelevant programs, that would include cross country, softball, volleyball, golf, etc.
You are so close. Hey isn’t there already a competition between Iowa and little bro isu? There sure is and when did little bro last win?

Or must we pick and choose what does and doesn’t count? Appears to be just how clown fans roll.

I always find this thinking interesting. So they're REALLY going to ramp it up now are they? Are we on double secret probation now? I mean seriously? Do you not think they are trying their very best to win every year against Iowa or for that matter anyone they play? We should just stay home in fright, because they're REALLY gonna try to win this year......:confused:
With UNI as their only opponent before us, I'd bet they're focusing 3 weeks worth of game prep on Iowa. We can't afford to look past Indiana, they should be fine with little/no specific prep for UNI. They literally couldn't have a better chance to beat Iowa:

Game at home
Team loaded with seniors and super seniors
Easy opponent the week before
Iowa with a top 20 team the week before

The cards are stacked in their favor. It will be a failure of epic proportions if they don't win.

All that being said, if UNI is really good, that could be a trap game for them.

Reactions: 83Hawk
Hey-they got their players from football states last year. That formula doesnt apply this year since they got some Iowa kids. Except Graves and Nwankpa-they didnt want those guys cause they already had better guys committed.
I think that sums it up.
Their circular logic has a good rhythm to it, like the cicadas on a summer evening. Just off the top of my head, here are the things that ISU fans claim.

Iowa has more fans that ISU, but it doesn't count because the only true fans are the ones that graduated from the school.
Iowa State would have won multiple Big 10 titles in the last 50 years, because their own conference is just so difficult.
Ames is a much more preferred destination than Iowa City, and that matters to out of state athletes. Side serious note, any Iowa or ISU fan claiming that out of state kids are super impressed with either Ames or Iowa City haven't left the state of Iowa in 20 years. I am from Iowa, and both cities are nice, but no one is coming to Iowa or ISU due to the greatness of either city.

Reactions: HerkyFan
Their circular logic has a good rhythm to it, like the cicadas on a summer evening. Just off the top of my head, here are the things that ISU fans claim.

Iowa has more fans that ISU, but it doesn't count because the only true fans are the ones that graduated from the school.
Iowa State would have won multiple Big 10 titles in the last 50 years, because their own conference is just so difficult.
Ames is a much more preferred destination than Iowa City, and that matters to out of state athletes. Side serious note, any Iowa or ISU fan claiming that out of state kids are super impressed with either Ames or Iowa City haven't left the state of Iowa in 20 years. I am from Iowa, and both cities are nice, but no one is coming to Iowa or ISU due to the greatness of either city.
It’s funny how they claim their fans graduated from ISU. I know several that never addended. Tavern Clones?

With UNI as their only opponent before us, I'd bet they're focusing 3 weeks worth of game prep on Iowa. We can't afford to look past Indiana, they should be fine with little/no specific prep for UNI. They literally couldn't have a better chance to beat Iowa:

Game at home
Team loaded with seniors and super seniors
Easy opponent the week before
Iowa with a top 20 team the week before

The cards are stacked in their favor. It will be a failure of epic proportions if they don't win.

All that being said, if UNI is really good, that could be a trap game for them.
In all seriousness, Iowa State should not lose this year. If they don't win this year, Iowa could easily stretch the series win streak to 8 games. Seniors and super seniors everywhere for Iowa State, much more favorable schedule leading up to the game, game is at home, etc.

Saying all of that, Iowa has a good chance in the game. Hawks are a good team, as is ISU.

Reactions: EKHawk
That’s great...the Hawk’s women’s hoops team can always use more depth. It’s also evident that the isu coach was difficult to play for.

Lol...while I’m not a huge wrestling fan, that sport is certainly more relevant/watched than sports like cross country, golf, etc. I’m sure sports fans throughout Iowa (whether Hawkeye or cyclone fans) have heard of Spencer Lee, but couldn’t name a player on cross country, golf, volleyball, and softball teams.

Yet Iowa wrestling has a higher attendance then ISU women’s basketball 🤔

Yet Iowa wrestling has a higher attendance then ISU women’s basketball 🤔
Yep, and no one but Iowa cares as many ADs don’t have wrestling. It is a dying sport, but all ADs have women’s bb and ISU women rank 3rd in the country in attendance.

• Haha
Yep, and no one but Iowa cares as many ADs don’t have wrestling. It is a dying sport, but all ADs have women’s bb and ISU women rank 3rd in the country in attendance.

Your AD doesn't have to worry about bsseball either, Chimp. Did the clown revival meeting disperse early this week?

ISU cared about wrestling until they weren't competitive.
ISU became non-competitive because wrestling became an afterthought. Pollard just wanted a clean program but was not going to invest any money into a dying sport. Hence Sanderson went to a program that cared about wrestling. Some pressure was exerted on Pollard to make a stronger effort in wrestling, so Dresser was hired. Wrestling won’t be a focus at ISU while Pollard is AD, and I could care less about the sport.

Lol...while I’m not a huge wrestling fan, that sport is certainly more relevant/watched than sports like cross country, golf, etc. I’m sure sports fans throughout Iowa (whether Hawkeye or cyclone fans) have heard of Spencer Lee, but couldn’t name a player on cross country, golf, volleyball, and softball teams.
Iowa led the nation in wrestling attendance in 2019-2020. Iowa State was third.

Reactions: Hawks_Rule
ISU became non-competitive because wrestling became an afterthought. Pollard just wanted a clean program but was not going to invest any money into a dying sport. Hence Sanderson went to a program that cared about wrestling. Some pressure was exerted on Pollard to make a stronger effort in wrestling, so Dresser was hired. Wrestling won’t be a focus at ISU while Pollard is AD, and I could care less about the sport.
Waving the white flag:)😉

Iowa led the nation in wrestling attendance in 2019-2020. Iowa State was third.
Good stats...so you would concur that wrestling is more relevant sport than cross country, golf, volleyball, and softball?

Ah, you are contradicting yourself again. "Some pressure was exerted on Pollard . . .".
By whom was pressure exerted? If no one cares, who were these people exerting the pressure? Was Dresser hired to make a program no one cares about competitive?
Sanderson was going to PSU no matter what you, Pollard, or anyone had to say. PSU determined they were going to build a powerhouse program.
You are the epitome of sour grapes. If you can't compete, you claim you don't care. And how much less could you care, btw? You suck as badly at grammar as you do at presenting facts.

Good stats...so you would concur that wrestling is more relevant sport than cross country, golf, volleyball, and softball?
It is to me, because when I was in college, ISU was the top program in the nation and Iowa wasn't among the better ones.

In terms of how normal people feel, I think a majority of Iowans would think volleyball, softball and track are more relevant than wrestling, and outside the state it would be an overwhelming majority.

It's an interesting point. To me, personally, an NCAA title for ISU in wrestling would mean more than one in those other sports. However, there's little question that it's more difficult to win one in the other sports because so many more schools have teams and so many more athletes participate.

Hickory park is the most perplexing restaurant I've ever eaten ate. I've gone twice to give them a second chance. A 15-20 minute wait each time, huge place that is absolutely packed, locals just rave about it; It's awful. I've never had more dry, bland BBQ. Ribs were like leather. BBops across the street is a much better choice.
I think the relatively low prices is why it is almost always packed. It's not my favorite place, but I'm not big on BBQ anyway. I did like their chicken at one time, but I rarely go there. Jethro's is across the street and is better in my opinion. They seem to target different people with higher prices than Hickory Park. And Jethro's is good when you want to watch a sporting event. I don't think Hickory Park has any TVs. And they don't have a bar.

Sport, there is nothing the hawks can bring that will concern the Clones. When there are 13 QBs in the B10 that are better than Petras, the hawks have a real challenge just in conference.
I'm concerned. The Cyclones feast on impatient teams. Iowa is one of the most patient teams you can find. Much like Iowa State they shorten the game with fewer possessions and stay in games until the end. But Iowa plays that game better than most anyone.

Ah, you are contradicting yourself again. "Some pressure was exerted on Pollard . . .".
By whom was pressure exerted? If no one cares, who were these people exerting the pressure? Was Dresser hired to make a program no one cares about competitive?
Sanderson was going to PSU no matter what you, Pollard, or anyone had to say. PSU determined they were going to build a powerhouse program.
You are the epitome of sour grapes. If you can't compete, you claim you don't care. And how much less could you care, btw? You suck as badly at grammar as you do at presenting facts.
I’m waiting to hear him say he doesn’t care about ISU men’s basketball. (because they suck)

Hilarious, isn’t it? They get their first 9 win season in history, and suddenly they are national championship contenders.
Iowa State has had three 9 win seasons. It's the 10 win season that eludes us. But of course they only played 9 games a season or less for half of history. Then it went to 10, then 11 and not too long ago 12.

It’s funny how they claim their fans graduated from ISU. I know several that never addended. Tavern Clones?
Yes, that is one of those fictions that is repeated enough people believe it. I know many Cyclone fans that never set foot in an ISU classroom. And a number of fans are UNI alums, which is another myth about the Purple Hawks.

Iowa State has had three 9 win seasons. It's the 10 win season that eludes us. But of course they only played 9 games a season or less for half of history. Then it went to 10, then 11 and not too long ago 12.
Point still stands. Lots of ISU fans are talking pretty big right now. Because of one Covid influenced season. Maybe it will come to fruition, maybe not.

Yes, that is one of those fictions that is repeated enough people believe it. I know many Cyclone fans that never set foot in an ISU classroom. And a number of them are UNI fans, which is another myth.
Not fiction. Many cyclone fans claim this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT