ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Iowa State 9/11

I'm concerned. The Cyclones feast on impatient teams. Iowa is one of the most patient teams you can find. Much like Iowa State they shorten the game with fewer possessions and stay in games until the end. But Iowa plays that game better than most anyone.
on this we can agree. I would say that one piece of KF's success against Campbell is that Iowa and KF are right in their element with a low-possession grinder of a game that goes into the 4th quarter close. Doesn't mean Iowa always wins them (cough - Northwestern) but Hawks aren't afraid to be close/behind and make it a 4 quarter game.. Don't watch the Big 12 like the Big 10, but it seems as if the Big 12 teams panic if a team with some ability is going to play a physical, patient game against them.

Last 2 trips to Ames Iowa trailed by 10 in the 4th quarter (2017) and by 8 (2020) and won both. I would expect a close game again this year. Both teams have some components that can give the other team some difficulties. Should be a close game again.

on this we can agree. I would say that one piece of KF's success against Campbell is that Iowa and KF are right in their element with a low-possession grinder of a game that goes into the 4th quarter close. Doesn't mean Iowa always wins them (cough - Northwestern) but Hawks aren't afraid to be close/behind and make it a 4 quarter game.. Don't watch the Big 12 like the Big 10, but it seems as if the Big 12 teams panic if a team with some ability is going to play a physical, patient game against them.

Last 2 trips to Ames Iowa trailed by 10 in the 4th quarter (2017) and by 8 (2020) and won both. I would expect a close game again this year. Both teams have some components that can give the other team some difficulties. Should be a close game again.
You are right about many Big 12 teams. They aren't comfortable with 3 yards a pop and long drives. Iowa State prefers those long long drives that takes the starch out of the opponent's defense. Iowa has no problem playing that game.

I am hearing there has been a significant increase in the production and sale of business cards in the Ames, Iowa area. They still got kinkos on campus?

And both those years (2017 & 2019) had cool hand Stanley leading them. Lanning is still looking for his shoes when Wadley juked him in 2017.

And both those years (2017 & 2019) had cool hand Stanley leading them. Lanning is still looking for his shoes when Wadley juked him in 2017.
It was, indeed, Lanning who let Wadley get away. In his defense, he was playing linebac ker for the second time since junior high and he finished the year an all-American. But on that play he didn't get it done.

It was, indeed, Lanning who let Wadley get away. In his defense, he was playing linebac ker for the second time since junior high and he finished the year an all-American. But on that play he didn't get it done.
He got a lot better as the season went on. Second game at LB and you are trying to tackle Wadley in space. Good luck. Thought he might have a shot at the NFL but looks like he was undrafted and didn't make the Cowboys roster.

It is to me, because when I was in college, ISU was the top program in the nation and Iowa wasn't among the better ones.

In terms of how normal people feel, I think a majority of Iowans would think volleyball, softball and track are more relevant than wrestling, and outside the state it would be an overwhelming majority.

It's an interesting point. To me, personally, an NCAA title for ISU in wrestling would mean more than one in those other sports. However, there's little question that it's more difficult to win one in the other sports because so many more schools have teams and so many more athletes participate.
We’ll have to agree to disagree, as I certainly don’t agree that a “majority of Iowans would think volleyball, softball, and track are more relevant than wrestling.” Also, you must be REALLY old if you recall isu being a stronger wrestling program than Iowa. I prefer to live in the here and now.

Reactions: Ronman
I'm concerned. The Cyclones feast on impatient teams. Iowa is one of the most patient teams you can find. Much like Iowa State they shorten the game with fewer possessions and stay in games until the end. But Iowa plays that game better than most anyone.
What’s kind of funny to me is that regardless of how the Iowa vs isu game turns out this season (with isu having their best chance at a “W” in many years) isu football (and all their sports programs) have a very uncertain future. That makes me smile. 😀

I’m not sure that iswho is known for “feasting” on any teams, other than weak teams, several of which were weaker last year due to Covid.

What’s kind of funny to me is that regardless of how the Iowa vs isu game turns out this season (with isu having their best chance at a “W” in many years) isu football (and all their sports programs) have a very uncertain future. That makes me smile. 😀
Even if we lose we win!

Just a good natured poke. Too many bad things have happened in the last couple years to get totally wound up about football games. It is just a good distraction.

You know ISU fans will field rush if they beat the Hawks right? Nah it's not a big game. Just another game for them.

Oh no. They will do it if they win. No matter how it happens.
They might. They do that a lot. But who has been telling you it isn't a big game? It's a huge game. It isnt a season-make-or-break game, and I wouldn't trade a win over Iowa for a win over a conference team, but it's a rival we haven't beaten in five years and is going to be ranked. That's a big game.

They might. They do that a lot. But who has been telling you it isn't a big game? It's a huge game. It isnt a season-make-or-break game, and I wouldn't trade a win over Iowa for a win over a conference team, but it's a rival we haven't beaten in five years and is going to be ranked. That's a big game.
Ask P5Champs he knows they will.

You will see the Clone football team rush over and grab the CyHawk trophy, but the fans won’t rush the field. There are much larger goals this year for ISU football.
Lmfao!!! You haven’t won your Super Bowl against Iowa in almost a decade & you won’t be able to beat us maybe ever again in your future.

Iowa IS the biggest game in ISU’s 100 years of fball! This is it! It’s beat Iowa or your whole 100 years of existence has been for nothing! Which it has been even if you win, I suppose.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Lmfao!!! You haven’t won your Super Bowl against Iowa in almost a decade & you won’t be able to beat us maybe ever again in your future.

Iowa IS the biggest game in ISU’s 100 years of fball! This is it! It’s beat Iowa or your whole 100 years of existence has been for nothing! Which it has been even if you win, I suppose.
Already had a few edibles tonight, I see.

• Haha
Reactions: jimbob22
Out of 14 or 15 games this year, the hawks are the 12th or 13th most important game. I guess you could call it The Super Bowl of the non-conference schedule.
john-jonah-jameson-lol.gif

You will see the Clone football team rush over and grab the CyHawk trophy, but the fans won’t rush the field. There are much larger goals this year for ISU football.
Oh yah you all will. Like you just knocked off Belichik and Tom Brady. Its been 10 years since you beat the Hawks in Ames. You are gonna field rush the crap out of that if you win. And Matty will give a "see you guys we belong in the Big Ten" scream into the cameras.

Out of 14 or 15 games this year, the hawks are the 12th or 13th most important game. I guess you could call it The Super Bowl of the non-conference schedule.

15? OMG! You really think you ass clowns are gonna not only make the CFP but win the semi? You REALLY believe you are on the same level as Bama, Clemson, and OSU?
List your studs that are going to be drafted in the first round next year

Reactions: jimbob22
Hey, chimp-do you do standup somewhere? I would pay to watch. You are way too funny to give this sh*t away for free on a football forum.

I checked over on CyFan and the conensus is they beat the Hawks this year.
They probably have as good a chance as they've had in over a decade. They have a team loaded with experienced players who had a pretty good season last year. Plus it's at home for them and Iowa has to play a top 20 team the week before while they get to play UNI. I'd bet they've already been working on prep for the Iowa game and will focus heavily on it this week too. Meanwhile, iowa will have their hands full preparing for a conference game.

Then Iowa has, again, lost players early to the NFL leaving some holes to be filled.

They really couldn't ask for a better situation....if they don't win this year it will be a pretty significant failure given the scenario and expectations for their team this year.

They probably have as good a chance as they've had in over a decade. They have a team loaded with experienced players who had a pretty good season last year. Plus it's at home for them and Iowa has to play a top 20 team the week before while they get to play UNI. I'd bet they've already been working on prep for the Iowa game and will focus heavily on it this week too. Meanwhile, iowa will have their hands full preparing for a conference game.

Then Iowa has, again, lost players early to the NFL leaving some holes to be filled.

They really couldn't ask for a better situation....if they don't win this year it will be a pretty significant failure given the scenario and expectations for their team this year.
I like it that Iowa has Indiana first. No easing into anything. Got to coming out firing.

If the fightin Campballs can't beat Iowa this year, they may never beat them again. Every single metric favors them outside of the coaching staffs.

Will ISU fans try to abuse us Hawk fans for all of this? I mean we didn't have anything to do with it. We revel in it for sure, but that is what Big Brothers do to their little brothers. Do Iowa fans need to contract some security if they are heading to the game in September?
I certainly hope given the day this falls on that people will remember that this is a game, nothing even close to war. That on this day we were attacked and became unified like never before in our lifetime. honor the fallen.

Reactions: oldnewkirk.0
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT