ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Northwestern Game Thread*****

This team deserves a drink...

00113357601080____2__325x325.jpg

I was suprised he quit taking 3pt shots. I don't think he was going to miss. That Martinelli also mauled us.
Felt like every time they had an inch they were going to launch.

Lucky some of those possessions ended up an attempted 2 or a 1 & 1 I guess..

Missed the game but great to see they won. Dix has really turned it on lately. Good to see as he's a key piece to the future of the program.

This team is at least making a push for the tourney. They easily could have folded their tent after a couple tough losses. I'm impressed regardless of what happens the rest of the way.

this is Joshs team now

I've been a fan of his defense all along...I didn't think he had this type of offense in him. His mid range game is unstoppable because he's shooting a fade away and he' 6'5. PMAC accepting his role as backup and Fran letting Dix have the team and the minutes at expense of PMAC minutes has made this team a lot better.

Pmac hit that big 3. Good for him to be finding his moments.

I will add with Dix, Sandfort & Perkins, they have a punchers chance in most games. Not the top tier, but they can compete.

And again they are mentally tough and have great chemistry.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I gotta give a big props shout-out to Patrick.

That dagger 3 was pure NAILS!! And big ups to him for not pouting after losing his starter spot and still out there trying to help the team win.
Small knock - missing 2 free throws when up 5, 17 seconds left.

Reactions: DewHawk
Pmac with dagger
I've been a fan of his defense all along...I didn't think he had this type of offense in him. His mid range game is unstoppable because he's shooting a fade away and he' 6'5. PMAC accepting his role as backup and Fran letting Dix have the team and the minutes at expense of PMAC minutes has made this team a lot better.

Pmac hit that big 3. Good for him to be finding his moments.
He reminds me of Domass from illinois

NW has a heck of a team. Would be tough to beat them if they were healthy. NW losing Nichols helped a lot. Not taking away Iowa played great, but this NW team beat Purdue and took Purdue to OT at Mackey when they were healthy.
They're particularly well suited to match up with Purdue because of the way they double the post.

They're not a great team overall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT