ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Tennessee prediction

Pretty significant talent difference between these teams. Iowa just doesn't have many athletes that can compete at this level. Clearly, Ferentz will resign shortly after this season ends.
lol at this old trope. Oh, ha I just re-read and see last sentence…. Ok, not serious post.

BTW, DeJean for Iowa would be the most talented player in the field if he was playing regardless of position. Tenn doesn’t have anybody that athletic. See his upcoming combine numbers plus his versatility to play any position on the field besides OL, DL, middle LB, TE. The kid can do it all!

BTW, DeJean for Iowa would be the most talented player in the field if he was playing regardless of position. Tenn doesn’t have anybody that athletic. See his upcoming combine numbers plus his versatility to play any position on the field besides OL, DL, middle LB, TE. The kid can do it all!
Just to be clear, this sounds a little crazy so will add something. Tenn has 15 or more guys damn near as athletic numbers wise but just saying CDJ is generational for the whole package and will show that in the NFL.

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerNutjob
For what its worth, about all DeJean can do at this years Combine is the Bench, Wonderlic, and Interview.
It will be awhile before he can run/cut in earnest.

• Haha
For what its worth, about all DeJean can do at this years Combine is the Bench, Wonderlic, and Interview.
It will be awhile before he can run/cut in earnest.
I’m not sure you are correct on that. If that is true he probably would be best suited to come back. I don’t think your source is solid on that info.

• Haha
LOL...talent level has never been worse.
troll GIF

• Haha
Predicting one strip sack Hill fumble resulting in 7 points for Tennessee. One Hill int resulting in 7 additional points for Tennessee. Defense itself gives up a single field goal.
Iowa bags three field goals and a perfect punt-->safety.

Iowa 11
Tennessee 17

Too recent significant injury.
He couldnt possibly be near 100% at this Combine.
Of course he has great game tape so not really necessary to run.

• Haha
Just to be clear, this sounds a little crazy so will add something. Tenn has 15 or more guys damn near as athletic numbers wise but just saying CDJ is generational for the whole package and will show that in the NFL.
Cam Seldon at 220lbs runs 10.74 100 meter. He is a freak athlete. J Wright is too, but he isn’t playing.

Cam Seldon at 220lbs runs 10.74 100 meter. He is a freak athlete. J Wright is too, but he isn’t playing.
That is good numbers for Cam. CDJ will have a 40+ inch vertical and there is talk he has potential to break 4.3 in the 40. UPDATE: I looked up his best 100m time in HS was 10.71 (he isn't as big as Cam though ;-)).

He’s 6’1” 207 lbs. Here are some HS basketball highlights

Last edited:
that is crazy. What is his injury? Will he be ready for combine?
Broken lower leg injury. I have heard that type of injury can be healed in around8 weeks. Happened before the Illinois game around Nov 15, probably had surgery shortly after that.

Combine is end of April I think. I would think he would have enough time to be healed and back in shape to run all the drills. There is still a slight chance he decides to come back. He could get his name on the inside of Kinnick (as a 2 time consensus all American (if he repeats that feat in ‘24)) and have a Heisman campaign perhaps. Smart bet is he will forgo his Senior year.

Been such a great player and representative for UI in is a shame he only played full time for 2 years. Great athlete, great kid, great Hawkeye!

Broken lower leg injury. I have heard that type of injury can be healed in around8 weeks. Happened before the Illinois game around Nov 15, probably had surgery shortly after that.

Combine is end of April I think. I would think he would have enough time to be healed and back in shape to run all the drills. There is still a slight chance he decides to come back. He could get his name on the inside of Kinnick (as a 2 time consensus all American (if he repeats that feat in ‘24)) and have a Heisman campaign perhaps. Smart bet is he will forgo his Senior year.

Been such a great player and representative for UI in is a shame he only played full time for 2 years. Great athlete, great kid, great Hawkeye!
Bru McCoy broke his Sept 30. He won’t be ready for the combine. His was a gruesome looking injury. His foot and ankle were facing the wrong direction. I think he is coming back. He was our most reliable receiver and blocker down the field. I hope we have a good game with no bad injuries today.

Reactions: j0nnyhb_Prime
Bru McCoy broke his Sept 30. He won’t be ready for the combine. His was a gruesome looking injury. His foot and ankle were facing the wrong direction. I think he is coming back. He was our most reliable receiver and blocker down the field. I hope we have a good game with no bad injuries today.
CDJ wasn’t a major break so prognosis is better. I’m no doctor but trust a few posters on another board who think he can recover fairly quickly with no lingering issues. Knock on wood. It would be epic if he decides to return to Iowa but he is projected middle first round.

Reactions: VFL1970
You’ve been a pretty reasonable poster up to now. You really think a guy that’s only taken mop up snaps is going to come out against this defense and put up 28? Kentucky without Levis last year couldn’t cross midfield. I understand this guys a way more highly rated recruit but cmon.

lol at this old trope. Oh, ha I just re-read and see last sentence…. Ok, not serious post.

Was this a serious post?

Really? How do you guys come up with this. So we just held #2 ( or whatever they are) Michigan to three yds per play and zero scoring drives, (all of their points came on the punt return and a BS turnover inside the 10yd line, but we're going to give up 40+ points to a team that got knocked around by every good team they played? Cmon.. Unless we turn the ball over a bunch, (and Hills not going to be throwing the ball enough to have 4 picks), they aren't breaking the 20 or so points let alone 40.
Vols 35, Ia 0

Man, was I off base. Had the Hawks, 20-10. I knew the offense would suck but expected some big plays on D and special teams to create short fields and score. Didn’t expect the D to absolutely suck. Easily their worst game of the season. Never saw that coming.

Reactions: VFL1970
Ah yes the good sport who gets his jollies by rubbing salt in the wounds on someone else's website. Fair enough. I'd tell you to head back to mommy's basement but I know they don't have those in trailer parks do they there, rocky top?
If I recall correctly, I wasn't the one being presumptuous about how well the defense would perform against an offense with a pulse.

A well coached defense but no match against an equally well coached offense with superior talent. Even with a freshman qb starting his first game he showed what a huge gap there is in the two schools recruiting abilities.

In other words, try thinking and actually analysing things out in your head before making such rash statements like you have in your earlier posts in this thread.

Trying to help you out here, here's hoping you take some helpful advice.

What makes Tennessee's offense so great, meaning the one that will be in the bowl game?

A 6'6, 205 QB who has ZERO stats and sans a 1,000 yard rusher who's first collegiate experience will be going up against a top 5 defense?

C'mon Brew, this is perfectly set up for a redo of Iowa-Kentucky 2022 when they started a true freshman. 21-0.

Iowa's secondary is going to eye f**k this kid, just like the bowl game last year.

Iowa doesn't know much about scoring offensive points, but they sure as hell know how to win these games.

JMO
Bump

Reactions: DeepthroatHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT