ADVERTISEMENT

*****W Virginia vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

The one defensive “move” they don’t call that I wish they would is when a defender is beat…when they put their near hand down / inwards into the near hip of the offensive player with the ball to impede their progress / slow them down / gain position.

that is a God Damned Foul. Call it!
Which leads Clark to use her off forearm to hold off the defender, and she gets a charge call for the chicken wing. Of course this is only a reaction to the defender grabbing or holding the arm.

Yes, Hannah had a tough time handling and passing the ball and overall they were not ready for WVU's come from behind them swiping and jumping into passing lanes

Agreed and/but Hanna was a beast on the offensive boards especially late in the game.

Reactions: mphawk
I see players push off several times and get the foul and some are legit and some are flops. I suppose it's a natural thing to reach out with you arm and hard to not do it.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Why because they started fouling everywhere and blew a big lead well not a big lead blew a tie
They started fouling from the opening tip—I saw at least 4-5 very obvious fouls on Caitlin that were not called in the first half. Haven’t watched a replay but guessing many others were not seen on TV.

Annnd, much like every CBB game I’ve watched, the refs let many of them go at first but started calling them late. WVU needs to adjust or be prepared for this to happen in the future.

Thats like the wrestling match that broke out between Hannah and Moore for WV. The first time they just let it go. The second when Hannah got her face smashed into the floor, they had to call something. The physicality has gotten WAY out of hand. When they ask a coach, "how to plan to defend Clark, or slow her down" its always "we'll have to be physical with her". Which we all know means body checks, forearms to the body, grabbing, the occasional elbow. Yet people complain about the foul calls. Crazy. There ALL fouls! Thats NOT basketball. At least its not supposed to be, but ass hats like Izzo have made this high contact a blueprint, especially against teams you can't score with. Just muddy the game up into an alley fight......
Will absolutely NOT disagree with this statement.

I learned that I lack humility and class because I do not agree with a West Virginia fan's view of the officiating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT