ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB #2 in new AP poll

m
Being the 2nd or 3rd #1 seed is huge. BUT you can almost feel them positioning an LSU/Iowa rematch in the elite 8. Kind of the nightmare scenario if they did it. For both teams really.
Agree. Why wouldn’t they want to see a fresh game instead of a rematch? I know, I know, but would prefer to avoid!

The dreaded 2 spot
Yeah, the ladies have been that high a couple times havent they and then lost pretty quickly.

But if they play their game against a low and a middle seed they should be into the sweet 16.

I hope Clark and the team have their sharpshooting glasses on because they are hard to beat when they are running and gunning.

I’m hoping for the best but when I think about it honestly, I’m not seeing this team get to the final four. Any team that has multiple bigs can just destroy Iowa inside, but they also need one lock down defender to guard Clark. I just feel like the Lady Hawks lack inside depth although Hannah is starting to show me more!

I’m hoping for the best but when I think about it honestly, I’m not seeing this team get to the final four. Any team that has multiple bigs can just destroy Iowa inside, but they also need one lock down defender to guard Clark. I just feel like the Lady Hawks lack inside depth although Hannah is starting to show me more!

I’ve got a couple quick questions for you… You’re an intelligent guy and you’re a pretty respectful poster. I know you and I’ve had issues, but I actually believe in your ability to think things through… With that said you’ve hit an extremely polarizing point for me….

We’ve played three of the best Biggs in the nation so far this year, and I’m curious to know how did we beat them?

We’ve also played a top 10 schedule… And went 29 and four and I’m curious how you thought that happened?

Why haven’t any of the Biggs we’ve played so far destroyed us?

After Cotie McMahon torched us for 33 points, she’s a 6 foot forward, by the way. There were a lot of hot takes, echoing your sentiments, and then we turned around and dominated them pretty much all game the next game, how do you equate for that?

And how many teams out there do you think have multiple dominant bigs ?

Finally if last year’s team with Monica was a largely more final 4 Ready team, that’s what you are suggesting, right? If so, how is it possible that this team scores more points, plays much better defense and shockingly is a way better rebounding team…

And yet somehow we have a problem with other teams “Big”…

Answer these questions for me if you would and I’ll hang up and listen.

Last edited:
I agree. Iowa’s low post defense is the weakness that tourney teams will exploit. Stuelke will need to stay out of foul trouble. Affolter has really come on strong down the stretch, that helps because she bang inside. Maybe O’Grady surprises and takes a big step up this postseason.

I agree. Iowa’s low post defense is the weakness that tourney teams will exploit. Stuelke will need to stay out of foul trouble. Affolter has really come on strong down the stretch, that helps because she bang inside. Maybe O’Grady surprises and takes a big step up this postseason.

They would have done that last year and in fact did. Our interior D is actually better now….why do you think that is?

I mean if it was a thing, we’d have forwards and posts putting up epic numbers on us, has that happened?

Our perimeter D can be sketchy, though…

• Haha
Reactions: nu2u
They would have done that last year and in fact did. Our interior D is actually better now….why do you think that is?

I mean if it was a thing, we’d have forwards and posts putting up epic numbers on us, has that happened?

Our perimeter D can be sketchy, though…

@nu2u not one actual funny thing in there. All basic statements that can be verified and witnessed with year over year metrics….

The laughing guy indicates lack of content….😂

@nu2u not one actual funny thing in there. All basic statements that can be verified and witnessed with year over year metrics….

The laughing guy indicates lack of content….😂
Markowski posted double digit points and rebounds in every game against Iowa this year. There are taller, more athletic players than Markowski in the tournament, some on the same team. Iowa’s low post D is exploitable.

Markowski posted double digit points and rebounds in every game against Iowa this year. There are taller, more athletic players than Markowski in the tournament, some on the same team. Iowa’s low post D is exploitable.
What a bunch of pessimistic twits. Just go root for South Carolina, ya bozos!

• Haha

Just been here waiting for you to drop back in with one Nebraska player, who we beat twice in 3 games… seriously I knew that’s where you were going, this board isn’t filled with high-level debaters…

So Markowski you say….

1st game…15 pts, 11 rebounds 7 TOs..

2nd game…15 pts, 11 RBs, 4 asts, 3 stls, 2 TOs…

3rd..23, 13, 5, 2 and 3 turnovers…

2 losses, one in her best game…🤷‍♂

She is also probably one of the 10 best centers in the country.

We also played 6-6 Ayoka Lee twice… easily one of the three or four best centers in the country.

6-5 Liz Kitley… also one of the two or three best centers in the country…

Then we played McKenzie Holmes, twice one of the best centers in the country…

Audi crooks all big 12 first team…

Then tOSU twice who I don’t consider having an all world front court but they are elite over all.

So let’s count this up….11 games vs high end posts and we went 7-4.

Against all (not ISU ) top 10 like teams with these great posts.

That’s pretty damn good… Those weren’t just teams with elite post. Those are teams that are elite…🤷‍♂️

But then, again, a simple look at the metrics would’ve told you, were a better team than last year.

Now, to be fair, I don’t expect you to say much more than laugh it off, because really, what can you say?

What a bunch of pessimistic twits. Just go root for South Carolina, ya bozos!

Yes, they are miserable fans, pessimistic is above what they actually are… But the reality is they really just don’t know what the hell they’re seeing

One loss in the tournament brings elimination. My initial point was that Iowa’s low post defense is exploitable. That is not controversial. Don’t be a simpleton.

Yes, a simpleton… You show me a team whose low post defense isn’t exploitable… As in what the **** do you want dude, of course it’s exploitable. It was ****ing exploitable last year…..

lol… simpleton indeed…doh!?

You ****ers are running around, like it’s some crime. We didn’t get another big interior force, and like we were somehow so dominant last year…

NOT… next complaint!

Hell, we exploit peoples interior defense every damn game…

Show me a team that doesn’t have something exploitable?

It’s honestly just dumb shit…again, simple indeed.

Yes, a simpleton… You show me a team whose low post defense isn’t exploitable… As in what the **** do you want dude, of course it’s exploitable. It was ****ing exploitable last year…..

You ****ers are running around, like it’s some crime. We didn’t get another big interior force, and like we were somehow so dominant last year…

NOT… next complaint!

Nonsensical and, frankly, a little unhinged.

LSU has 5 players suspended for the first game. I hope they lose. SC too. 6 players. They both could lose first round

• Love
Reactions: HIWILLE
Being the 2nd or 3rd #1 seed is huge. BUT you can almost feel them positioning an LSU/Iowa rematch in the elite 8. Kind of the nightmare scenario if they did it. For both teams really.
Eh, at some point they are going to have to beat some pretty good teams. Those teams should be more concerned with playing Iowa because when Iowa is playing as well as they can then the only team that I think would still be favored is South Carolina. Which is probably why they would be ranked number 2.

Reactions: cmhawks99
LSU has 5 players suspended for the first game. I hope they lose. SC too. 6 players. They both could lose first round
Actually, the only girl who is suspended was the SC girl who pushed the LSU player. She got booted for fighting. The players that got kicked out for leaving the bench area will be back.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Actually, the only girl who is suspended was the SC girl who pushed the LSU player. She got booted for fighting. The players that got kicked out for leaving the bench area will be back.
Not according to the sports news. And the announcers. Both teams have multiple players banned from the first game.

Not according to the sports news. And the announcers. Both teams have multiple players banned from the first game.
Unless that's changed since yesterday they had corrected the story to say that only players kicked out for fighting were suspended for the first game and the others would be back. But feel free to prove me wrong, I like your version better. It will be fun to watch two NCAA tournament favorites play a game with 6 players.

Unless that's changed since yesterday they had corrected the story to say that only players kicked out for fighting were suspended for the first game and the others would be back. But feel free to prove me wrong, I like your version better. It will be fun to watch two NCAA tournament favorites play a game with 6 players.
I hope I'm right. All the players who left the bench are supposed to be suspended 1 game. That leaves 5 or 6 on each team for 1 game.

I’ve got a couple quick questions for you… You’re an intelligent guy and you’re a pretty respectful poster. I know you and I’ve had issues, but I actually believe in your ability to think things through… With that said you’ve hit an extremely polarizing point for me….

We’ve played three of the best Biggs in the nation so far this year, and I’m curious to know how did we beat them?

We’ve also played a top 10 schedule… And went 29 and four and I’m curious how you thought that happened?

After Cotie McMahon torched us for 33 points, she’s a 6 foot forward, by the way. There were a lot of hot takes, echoing your sentiments, and then we turned around and dominated them pretty much all game the next game, how do you equate for that?

And how many teams out there do you think have multiple dominant bigs ?

Finally if last year’s team with Monica was a largely more final 4 Ready team, that’s what you are suggesting, right? If so, how is it possible that this team scores more points, plays much better defense and shockingly is a way better rebounding team…

And yet somehow we have a problem with other teams “Big”…

Answer these questions for me if you would and I’ll hang up and listen.

I’m afraid it won’t be a long phone call, you can hang up whenever.

I don’t have anything for you except my (possibly, probably) naive opinion.

Again, I don’t want to be right about this. Go Hawks!

Don’t think it’s been released yet, just speculation right?

But not sure the bottom five of sc roster would have any trouble with the worst 16 seed.

Reactions: Bishop-71
And most teams we play have issues matching up with what we do best as well. The game is not played on one side of the floor.......

And most teams we play have issues matching up with what we do best as well. The game is not played on one side of the floor.......

Very true as well. I accept the argument that “when Iowa is ON, they can play with anybody”.

One thing nobody has said yet (I think) is the NCAAW definitely want Clark on TV as much as possible. She drives ratings. Whether that means what I think it might mean… who can say?

Too busy destroying the Death Star???

a-new-hope-biggs-darklighter.gif

Reactions: cmhawks99

Cordoso is the only one charged with fighting, which carries a one game suspension. No one else is suspended.

NOT… next complaint!

Maybe take some time off from the board again. For your own sanity.

Don’t think it’s been released yet, just speculation right?

But not sure the bottom five of sc roster would have any trouble with the worst 16 seed.
The announcers said that the suspensions were coming. I'm hoping they are right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT