ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Offer/Commitment List

All I have heard is Iowa feels they have a decent shot at Williams as she played on the same AAU team with Stuelke, Gyamfi, and McCabe.
Sahara might be the best chance in the ‘23 class of finding a player who can really help Clark in her senior year. Sahara’s athleticism is uncommon for the Big Ten, and Iowa in particular. She is ranked # 27 in the country by Blue Star for the ‘23 class.

According to this site, https://wbbblog.com/iowa-womens-basketball-recruiting/2/ our other 2023 targets include Lenee Beaumont, Jasmine Brown, Lisa Thompson. Along with others frequently mentioned such as Audi Crooks, Kennise Johnson-Etienne, and Sahara Williams. Anybody have any info on the others not mentioned as much on this board? Also are there any other 2023 targets with offers?

Last edited:
According to this site, https://wbbblog.com/iowa-womens-basketball-recruiting/2/ our other 2023 targets include Lenee Beaumont, Jasmine Brown, Lisa Thompson. Along with others frequently mentioned such as Audi Crooks, Kennise Johnson-Etienne, and Sahara Williams. Anybody have any info on the others not mentioned as much on this board? Also are there any other targets with offers?
Going to answer a few of these posts without specifically answering your question huntermmm. Vice is someone to keep an eye on this summer in regards to Iowa. Had a big finish to last summer including starring in the 16u national title game. Has had a great hs season which is still ongoing at Wells. Big summer ahead for her in possibly securing some P5 offers. (I hear she has Okie St offer). UConn is looking at Williams and will see a lot of her while watching recent commit KK Arnold play for Iowa Attack. Oklahoma in on Williams as well as many others. Williams, I hear, favors Iowa if she stays close to home. Vice and Williams seem to be the two to watch with Attack this summer on top team. Others, projection wise, seem to be committed. Keep an eye on Journey Houston (2025) and her progress with Attack.

I’d really like to see her in a Hawk uniform
First time watching her play in today's 1A semi final. Moved pretty well for a big kid.

She could be very effective on teams with an outside threat. Not sure if she can jump because today she didn't need to. But she's someone that will contribute by her soph season in college, imo.

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet, a good interview with Audi Crooks. She says a family atmosphere is most important to her when choosing a college.

Damn! A family atmosphere is what Iowa has. I just don't think she fits into the Iowa offense or is the kind of rebounding post that we need. But if Bluder and Jansen think they can make it work, I trust them.

Damn! A family atmosphere is what Iowa has. I just don't think she fits into the Iowa offense or is the kind of rebounding post that we need. But if Bluder and Jansen think they can make it work, I trust them.
I have to think she would kind of be a situational player. Obviously running the court is not her strength but she can set a solid screen and score over about anyone.

Score over anyone? Haha, this isn’t 1A ball in Iowa . She would get swatted by Addison O’Grady every time, and any other competent team we play. No where near athletic enough to play at Iowa. Not seeing what the coaches see in her apparently..

People that have seen her play seem mostly unimpressed but she has many offers from excellent programs. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out in college.

Reactions: crstuff
People that have seen her play seem mostly unimpressed but she has many offers from excellent programs. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out in college.
She has offers from Iowa State, Maryland, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, etc. I am also very intrigued to see if she's been overhyped or if she turns out to be like Courtney Paris

Reactions: crstuff
Here are new highlights for 2024 F Amiah Hargrove, who visited last Sunday for the Michigan game. Hargrove has offers from Iowa and Indiana among some other smaller schools. I think this is one to keep an eye on.

These thoughts are only based on the highlights, but this is really impressive tape. Hargrove is apparently 6'2', but looks like she has the skillset of a wing. She looks very comfortable attacking the basket off the dribble, pulling up for jumpers, and shooting from three. She also looks fairly athletic, and maybe best of all, she looks aggressive on defense.

She is an ideal fit for what we're currently trying to do at the 4 position, and also looks like the type of player who could reduce the athleticism gap we have with the best teams in the country.

She's been to campus multiple times, so clearly she's interested. I also like that Indiana seems to be the only other big fish that has offered her so far. I'd be very happy if she ended up at Iowa.

These thoughts are only based on the highlights, but this is really impressive tape. Hargrove is apparently 6'2', but looks like she has the skillset of a wing. She looks very comfortable attacking the basket off the dribble, pulling up for jumpers, and shooting from three. She also looks fairly athletic, and maybe best of all, she looks aggressive on defense.

She is an ideal fit for what we're currently trying to do at the 4 position, and also looks like the type of player who could reduce the athleticism gap we have with the best teams in the country.

She's been to campus multiple times, so clearly she's interested. I also like that Indiana seems to be the only other big fish that has offered her so far. I'd be very happy if she ended up at Iowa.
For those geographically challenged, like me, I had to look up Christopher, Illinois, where she lives. It is a little town (under 2.5K) way downstate, 25 miles north of Carbondale. Definitely closer to IU, but not that close. It is almost in SEC-country and closer to Lexington (and Louisville) than IC if she really blows up. She looks like a good fit (and I remember seeing her at the Michigan game now that I see her twitter)

Score over anyone? Haha, this isn’t 1A ball in Iowa . She would get swatted by Addison O’Grady every time, and any other competent team we play. No where near athletic enough to play at Iowa. Not seeing what the coaches see in her apparently..
Sorry. Guess I don’t know what I am talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: Stephen Hawk King
Name/Position?
Fingers crossed that it is some sort of point guard. I looked at their stats. Had no idea the team was that successful (32-1; average score 81-46). They have four soph guards that average 2-3 assists per game; two of whom went to HS w/in 25 miles of Iowa City.

Zion Sanders was incredibly valuable as a walk-on freshman, and her job was play defense, no turnovers, and make your free throws.

I’m guessing they’re going to Nebraska to watch Taylor McCabe in the state tournament tonight and potentially Britt Prince and Ruthie Loomis-Goltl tomorrow.
Are there any other tournaments in the surrounding states playing this week?

Are there any other tournaments in the surrounding states playing this week?
I know Minnesota’s sectionals are this week. Maddyn Greenway’s team just won in the last hour, so there’s a chance they could’ve gone to that. I’m not sure of any other Minnesota recruits that are playing in the tourney.

Reactions: cyberhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT