ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Offer/Commitment List

Bluder recruitment trip photo
4yfhWlZ.jpg

Hawks obviously going all out for Audi. Didn’t a poster say she planned to announce her choice before her AAU season starts in April ?

Just depends how badly they want her. They may feel that this is their last shot they have before she commits.
For football recruiting, Xavier Nwankpa had the coaches of his top 3 schools all come for one last pitch the week of his announcement. Crooks could be doing something similar. That would also explain why most of the staff went.

Reactions: jockos
She doesn’t have an offer yet but here’s Maddyn Greenway’s game from last night for those who are interested. Greenway is in the 2026 class.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I noticed that she was listed at 5'7 on the graphics. What does it say when the best player on the court is in 8th grade? Wow! She can play in the Big 10 me thinks.

Last edited:
I noticed that she was listed at 5'7 on the graphics. What does it say when the best player on the court is in 8th grade? Wow! She can play in the Big 10 me thinks.

she reminds me a bit of that pesky guard from Indiana that was pestering Caitlin

Chad got a lot of screen time in that video too. Noticed nobody sitting near Chad :)

Reactions: BDinIC
Not long after my wife and I moved to Minnesota at the end of 2007 we saw Chad and his wife with a baby in a baby carrier at the same restaurant we were at. I just realized that baby was Maddyn. I think I just aged a decade in the last few minutes upon that realization.

Reactions: nu2u
Not long after my wife and I moved to Minnesota at the end of 2007 we saw Chad and his wife with a baby in a baby carrier at the same restaurant we were at. I just realized that baby was Maddyn. I think I just aged a decade in the last few minutes upon that realization.
Many years ago I recall a post here on HR with Lisa & Jan holding Maddyn who was an infant. Jan in her tweet joked she got her commitment.

2022 commit Taylor McCabe’s Fremont Tigers just won the class A state title in Nebraska.

Has anyone found a link where I can watch the replay of this game? I'd love to watch it.

I hoping that the combo of McCabe and a continuing growth/improvment of Kylie Feuerbach will give Iowa more perimiter ball handling options next year. A lot like they did in the B1G tourney taking Clark off the ball a little more.

Has anyone found a link where I can watch the replay of this game? I'd love to watch it.

I hoping that the combo of McCabe and a continuing growth/improvment of Kylie Feuerbach will give Iowa more perimiter ball handling options next year. A lot like they did in the B1G tourney taking Clark off the ball a little more.
This isn't quite what you are asking for but you can find some of her regular season games on Fremont's TouTube channel.

A game from Feb. 26. McCabe is #10 in white:

A playlist of a bunch of varsity basketball games (girls and boys):

(Click the link and you will see the playlist on the right of games to choose from.)

Reactions: FrankBurns00
gosh I’m sorry ....need to brush up on the rules apparently .... didn’t realize a bump was such a big deal 😳😳 I honestly just watch the women’s threads every day and with all the excitement following the Men’s tournament title... they were being forced back several pages.... just wanted to make them easier to find

should have known someone would have a problem with it 😂😂

Reactions: BDinIC
gosh I’m sorry ....need to brush up on the rules apparently .... didn’t realize a bump was such a big deal 😳😳 I honestly just watch the women’s threads every day and with all the excitement following the Men’s tournament title... they were being forced back several pages.... just wanted to make them easier to find

should have known someone would have a problem with it 😂😂
I don't know if they are expecting Crooks soon, just lots of rumbling iirc that she was going to be deciding soon.

I too want as much women's info as possible so when I see this thread up on the board, I was just hoping for actual info.

Reactions: natchrlman
Not sure I agree on Affolter, but some good points.

Coaches see things and miss on things. Attitude, coachability, willingness to adjust to surroundings are hard to decipher but can impact player's value. The transfer portal has made the college scene difficult on young athletes, increasing uncertainty in their lives when they need least need it. Commitment is a ife lesson.

Footwork and midrange shot improvement and the next Iowa star center.
the experience she’s getting this year is already paying dividends.... she’s a much better player now than in the beginning of the season..... having her Goodman and Monica on the roster next year is exciting

the experience she’s getting this year is already paying dividends.... she’s a much better player now than in the beginning of the season..... having her Goodman and Monica on the roster next year is exciting

Monica learned from Megan's tutelage. Sharon and Addy have Monica. Good recipe if they have patience.

Iowa State just got its 4th commit of its 2023 class tonight. If Audi Crooks is planning to stay in state, I think Iowa is the clear favorite. 5 players would be a huge class, especially in the transfer portal era.

Iowa State just got its 4th commit of its 2023 class tonight. If Audi Crooks is planning to stay in state, I think Iowa is the clear favorite. 5 players would be a huge class, especially in the transfer portal era.
Would that be Addyson Brown a 6-2 wing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT