ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Womens Bball Portal Targets

Anyone have a sense of who, if any, portal players are being pursued by Bluder? I mean, we seem to be all assuming she'll look for a PG, but is there any evidence of that?

Reactions: HIWILLE
I will say that Affolter performed very well last night, under some very intense ball pressure. Maybe she could surprise us if she slides to the 1. She is already a good passer, I’ve been mostly worried about her response to ball pressure in moments just like that. I don’t think any other returning player could (or more importantly, would) handle that moment like she did.

@Kurt Johnson Scherr is the only player that anyone has spotted Iowa staff following (so far). Jan, Raina and about maybe 9 players started following her on IG last week. Not sure about anything outside IG tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: letsgosports
It would seem they're looking at grad transfers only for the guard spot. With 3 PG's in the 24 class and possibly Skinner in 25/Greenway in 26, I don't see them going after someone with multiple years of eligibility left. Jan's recent comments about the portal are telling.

Vague... WNBA or portal?!? Tell us, Georgia!

This screams Kentucky. If she were declaring, she’d say so. If she was open to exploring options, she’d say she was in the portal. She is going to break a lot of Hokie hearts in the process.

Btw if there was a chance in hell of her portaling and considering us, I think it would be a bridge too far for her to have to play VT next year in the Ally Challenge again.

Reactions: letsgosports
Vague... WNBA or portal?!? Tell us, Georgia!

This screams Kentucky. If she were declaring, she’d say so. If she was open to exploring options, she’d say she was in the portal. She is going to break a lot of Hokie hearts in the process.

Btw if there was a chance in hell of her portaling and considering us, I think it would be a bridge too far for her to have to play VT next year in the Ally Challenge again.

Hey, a girl can dream...

She's already following Kentucky on IG. 🥲

Reactions: shikreto

I assume Amoore to Kentucky would mean it's unlikely Scheer returns, no?

I would assume the opposite tbh.

Also this is nuts but another layer to the intrigue — a rumor is swirling that Kate Martin and Georgia Amoore are an item 👀

Ha, I saw someone tweet that and did notice KM did like her insta post already

I would assume the opposite tbh.

Also this is nuts but another layer to the intrigue — a rumor is swirling that Kate Martin and Georgia Amoore are an item 👀
You are one sick puke dude. Do something with your life instead of social media stalking. My god you befriend 16 year old teenagers to gauge their Iowa interest and then get off talking about who they like or who is a so-called item. I hope the National Center for Exploited Children have you on their radar. Red Alert!!! All you female athletes that have shikreto trying to befriend you...Block his ass! And I know that a few of your victims are adults but its still sick!

Might not be our biggest need but I wouldn't mind getting Bristow from ISU...guessing she will go south.

You are one sick puke dude. Do something with your life instead of social media stalking. My god you befriend 16 year old teenagers to gauge their Iowa interest and then get off talking about who they like or who is a so-called item. I hope the National Center for Exploited Children have you on their radar. Red Alert!!! All you female athletes that have shikreto trying to befriend you...Block his ass! And I know that a few of your victims are adults but its still sick!
Tf are you talking about lmao an Iowa fan posted this on the r/ncaaw on a thread about Georgia Amoore and where she’ll end up. This board is late to the party it seems.

Save the pearl clutching for someone who gives a shit about what antiquated psychos think bc I am not the one henny. Get some ass or find some grass.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Last edited:
For the most part, I think people on this thread are very respectful of the players and focus on their abilities and team needs. But occasionally we do seem to devolve into personal attacks against each other. Spurious accusations included. On this particular subject, the notion that Kate and Georgia might be some sort of couple is germane if it means that Amoore might be more likely to commit to Iowa. However, KM will most likely be playing in Europe next year, so don't know if it matters.

My god you befriend 16 year old teenagers to gauge their Iowa interest and then get off talking about who they like or who is a so-called item.
To be clear I have NEVER dm’d any student athlete on any platform about anything and NEVER would. I have *commented* very generic things on public posts like “Love this!” “Go hawks!” and Iowa gifs (along with hundreds of other people, both Iowa fans and non-Iowa fans).

And I have occasionally reported back here when an athlete responds to me OR to another person in a way that is interesting to Iowa fans (like if they Like a comment that says “Come to Iowa”!). Again, this is public information that anyone can access based on activity they willingly share with fans. This is not private and it’s not salacious. It’s also not that serious.

The Georgia/Kate story was reportedly shared on social media, and then an Iowa fan asked about it on a daily NCAAW Reddit thread (where I saw it). I didn’t engage with it there, but based on the number of people who did, it seems this is something that people have suspected for awhile (and are supportive/happy about btw, not weirdly aggressive). No one shared this info with me privately (no one has EVER shared WBB information with me privately and I have never sought private information).

But tbh if the idea of women dating each other creeps you out or you automatically think it should be kept quiet, you’re cheering for the wrong sport (and *certainly* the wrong team). You should probably stick to something more douchey (and less successful) like Football. Or, try not being a relic of the past.

Last edited:
For the most part, I think people on this thread are very respectful of the players and focus on their abilities and team needs. But occasionally we do seem to devolve into personal attacks against each other. Spurious accusations included. On this particular subject, the notion that Kate and Georgia might be some sort of couple is germane if it means that Amoore might be more likely to commit to Iowa. However, KM will most likely be playing in Europe next year, so don't know if it matters.
unless Raina decides to take a head coach position somewhere, then it could matter again

Wow.....let's hope there's a chance in hell she doesn't hate Iowa with a burning passion and might consider us. Raina has always been so good at getting talent from Michigan. She's got 1 year left, was #23 in ESPN's Class of 2021.
"Raina has always been so good at getting talent from Michigan." Not sure AJ Ediger and Molly Davis supports this statement. Am I forgetting someone?

• Haha
Reactions: undersized_post
"Raina has always been so good at getting talent from Michigan." Not sure AJ Ediger and Molly Davis supports this statement. Am I forgetting someone?
OMG forgot she wasn’t around to recruit Tania Davis and Alexis Sevillian lmao thank you for keeping me honest! I feel like Raina’s been around for 10+ years. BUT I do think AJ and Molly were good gets :)

Last edited:

9th in the class of 2020. Started at Syracuse, then transfered to Oregon. Originally from MO. Not sure of her ball handling skills, but interesting nonetheless.

9th in the class of 2020. Started at Syracuse, then transfered to Oregon. Originally from MO. Not sure of her ball handling skills, but interesting nonetheless.
The good: went to high school in Missouri (Branson).
The bad: her next college will be her 4th.
No thanks.

The good: went to high school in Missouri (Branson).
The bad: her next college will be her 4th.
No thanks.

What were the other two colleges besides Syracuse and Oregon? Tbh she gets a pass for those bc a) I think she left Syracuse the year the entire team left (not exaggerating — the entire team). B) Oregon is where basketball players go to die. That program has lost 20+ All American caliber players and basically they have all intimidated in one way or another that they were miserable. The program completely collapsed this year, I am expecting many more transfers. I do generally agree with your sentiment tho.

I just don't get how Georgia and Kate can ever get 'hooked up' or whatever. One plays and lived in Iowa her whole life. The other plays for a team in Virginia. How the heck to you get to meet each other - unless it was an internet romance. Just don't get it.

• Wow
Reactions: HIWILLE
What were the other two colleges besides Syracuse and Oregon? Tbh she gets a pass for those bc a) I think she left Syracuse the year the entire team left (not exaggerating — the entire team). B) Oregon is where basketball players go to die. That program has lost 20+ All American caliber players and basically they have all intimidated in one way or another that they were miserable. The program completely collapsed this year, I am expecting many more transfers. I do generally agree with your sentiment tho.
If you click on the link her bio shows her at South Florida 2022-23.

Last edited:
Reactions: shikreto
I just don't get how Georgia and Kate can ever get 'hooked up' or whatever. One plays and lived in Iowa her whole life. The other plays for a team in Virginia. How the heck to you get to meet each other - unless it was an internet romance. Just don't get it.
Let it go.
Let’s focus on the subject at hand. You know portal possibilities? Everything else is personal information that no one really needs to discuss. None of our business really

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT