ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's new O.C. start date

If Lindgren from Oregon State isn't promoted to the HC spot, that would be a great hire to steal him away from MSU

Reactions: desihawk
if the shake up is larger than just the OC position, AJ Blazek is a name to watch out for. I know KF wanted to bring him on as OL coach that last couple times but he had just accepted a new job both times and didn't want to screw over his new school.

if the shake up is larger than just the OC position, AJ Blazek is a name to watch out for. I know KF wanted to bring him on as OL coach that last couple times but he had just accepted a new job both times and didn't want to screw over his new school.
Should be looking for WR, OL, and OC. Probably wishful thinking

Reactions: not_mantiteo
I am hoping the OC from Washington would be considered but I don't think that will happen. Just thinking about KF, his personality, etc, it would seem that Joe Philbin and Paul Chryst rise to the top. Both are currently offensive analysts at Ohio State and Texas, respectively. It would seem that they both would have access to new innovative thinking with Ryan Day and Steve Sarkisian that could be beneficial to Iowa plus also align with KF's run game mentality.

Thoughts??

Yes to a degree it is his name. But also, former player and Iowa guy. As I've said before, what Stoops inherited at Kentucky was really bad! Couldn't even get 3 star in state athletes. Routinely landing 4 and some 5 star guys now. Kentucky used to battle Vanderbilt for last in the SEC. Ask around now and nobody looks forward to playing Kentucky. Stoops is a defensive guy but has a really good OC. I think you would really enjoy watching their offense. Run first but plenty of passing to keep the defense guessing. Admittedly, this year has been a disappointment. The QB from Wake Forest that was so highly sought in the portal did not pan out. However, Stoops got him away from a number of high profile programs. I watch UK closely, like you do Iowa and I really like what Stoops brings to the table. I will conclude by saying he is very intense and will pull the plug if anyone , player or coach is not getting the job done.

a lot of this discussion is based on the assumption (reasonable as it may be) that iowa gets waxed in the ccg with no offensive pulse.
what i’m implying is that if cooper’s td can be reversed, so can bf’s canning

• Haha
Reactions: pistachio1999
a lot of this discussion is based on the assumption (reasonable as it may be) that iowa gets waxed in the ccg with no offensive pulse.
No it can't be reversed. It was initiated and approved by the University President and the head of the Board of Regents.

Not happening… he could call a 2017 OSU game and he’s still gone…

• Haha
lol

if woodshed 2.0 happens in ccg all bets are off
If woodshed 2.0 happens I will make AI create a picture of BF flipping the bird to a packed kinnick stadium full of fire Brian signs and make it a T-shirt and wear every game day for years…. Ain’t happening tho

Really hoping it doesn’t follow that timeline, he’ll need to have new O.C. involved in transfer portal guys.

Can’t take his time like they used to.
This, but KF has never been a good clock management guy, so he may think he has all the time in the world. Especially long if he already has a guy picked out.

If it's budmayer, then BG needs to redo KF's contract to be like BF's and crack the door open for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT