ADVERTISEMENT

iPhone turns 15 today

Your post got me curious as to the ages of my work iPhone and personal iPhone.
Work iPhone is and SE, 2010 (2nd half)
Personal iPhone is an 8+, 2017 (2nd half)

Both still working fine, surprisingly.

Age is found by the 4th letter in the serial number on your phone:

I am not a fan of Apple products and prefer the products of their competitors. This is why I have a tattoo of young man urinating on Apple logo on my back. Competitor products are superior to Apple in many cases and prices are competitive for their markets.

ALMObBv.jpg

Still rockin' my iPhone 7. I think I've been eligible for an upgrade for a couple of years. Figured once I upgraded, I'd drop it and break it so I'm waiting until that happens with this one.

I don’t know how you guys with old iPhones deal with the battery degradation. My iPhone batteries always seem to just fall off a cliff right at the two year mark.
Hasn’t happened to either of my iPhones (2010 and 2017) - yet, suprisingly.

But when they go off the cliff, they seem to go fast. Replaced my 2014 iPad Air a couple months ago when the battery degraded to almost nothing very quickly. A full charge got to the point it would last only about 30-60 minutes.

I am pretty much locked with the iphone because of the iWatch. But I have been disappointed with the past three or four years of updates. Still a notch on the phone, still using the lightning cable vs USB 3, no fingerprint sensor.

Came out the summer between graduating HS and starting college. I got my first smart phone after graduating college. My reading has suffered tremendously since. On the other hand, my posting had never been so prolific.

• Haha
Reactions: VodkaSam
I don’t know how you guys with old iPhones deal with the battery degradation. My iPhone batteries always seem to just fall off a cliff right at the two year mark.
My iPhone 7 isn't bad. I charge it at night and turn the battery saver on right after unplugging it. I don't use it a lot during the day when I'm at work but I still usually have 30-40% when I plug back in at night. If I don't use the battery saver, it's get's to 20% within a few hours.

I haven't had too much an issue, my 4 year old gen X phone has about 78% battery life left according to the phone. I usually have to charge it at least once a day on the average.

I am not a fan of Apple products and prefer the products of their competitors. This is why I have a tattoo of young man urinating on Apple logo on my back. Competitor products are superior to Apple in many cases and prices are competitive for their markets.
And up here is AM radio, completely dry.

Reactions: Moral
It's crazy watching movies from 20 years, a car breaks down and the occupants freeze to death 'cause they can't find phones that don't exist yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT