ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone driving a long distance for Thanksgiving this week?

BrianNole777

HR All-American
Jan 27, 2023
I'm driving from Maryland to North Carolina on Wednesday morning early. I hope to leave around 5 A.M. Brutal. I'm not a morning person.

If I don't leave that early, the traffic will be hideous in Virginia on I-95...like bumper to bumper. It can add 4 hours to the trip.

It's about a 380 mile drive. I have a bunch of relatives in North Carolina. I have 20 cousins named "Bill" or "Bob." 😆

Great people...mostly North Carolina State alumni.

Tip: If you're driving and need to stop to use a restroom, stop at a hotel. If an employee stops you, ask to buy a bottle of water. I've done this. It's a million times better than stopping at a gas station or fast food bathroom.

Trust me.

Anyone else taking a long drive this week?

No driving for me. I just have to fire up the smoker early in the morning and nurse a few beers while I wait for the grandbabies to arrive.

I’ve used a few hotel bathrooms on long trips before. Mostly when my kids were little and I didn’t want them using gas station bathrooms and then during COVID when a lot of places didn’t allow customers inside. Never once has someone stop me. I always figured that if they did then I would flash my IHG Premier card.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BrianNole777
hotel lobby bathrooms are generally the best. Rarely used but always kept clean and available. Out of 100+ hotel poop stops over the years, never once have I been asked. If you’re a newbie and nervous, can always pretend like you’re on a phone call while strolling through the lobby to the bathroom.

About 8 minutes to my brother’s house. Glad I moved back to the IC area!

I'm driving from Maryland to North Carolina on Wednesday morning early. I hope to leave around 5 A.M. Brutal. I'm not a morning person.

If I don't leave that early, the traffic will be hideous in Virginia on I-95...like bumper to bumper. It can add 4 hours to the trip.

It's about a 380 mile drive. I have a bunch of relatives in North Carolina. I have 20 cousins named "Bill" or "Bob." 😆

Tip: If you're driving and need to stop to use a restroom, stop at a hotel. If an employee stops you, ask to buy a bottle of water. I've done this. It's a million times better than stopping at a gas station or fast food bathroom.

Trust me.

gonna drive my ass from the couch to the fridge for another thanksgiving beer.

One last suggestion is Catholic Churches are almost always open and their bathrooms can be decent.. I suggest these bathrooms if you think you’re gonna be in there for 30+ minutes

True, but sometimes they only have one toilet and someone comes knocking when I'm trying to blow it out...

Reactions: Bank of Hawk

Trust me.

why not leave the night before and stay at a convent overnight?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT