ADVERTISEMENT

Is Iowa gonna have 2 first rounders?

You'd have to think 2 first rounders would be good for the program. Probably the most watched round, and to have IOWA show up twice would be some brand awareness at least! That said, I would really like to see the other guys go higher than projected. Get Josey and Wadley into the 3rd or 4th.

97 and 86 were the last two times that happened.
I think in 86, didn't Long, Haight, and Harmon all go in round one? Of course the Hawks were the number one ranked team in the country for about half the season, and still had a chance at the mythical national title until the turnover fest in the Rose bowl. Iowa had two consensus AA that season. One went in the first round number 12 I think. The other I think got drafted on a flyer in the last round I think, (they still had 13 rounds then), and never played in the league. You guys know who that was???

I have a hunch they both slip to second. Through no fault of their own I'll add, and I think JJ has the best chance to stay there.

Sort of a "just the way it plays out" kinda thing. A team will really need to value/need a center big time for Daniels to get there along with the correct "he belongs at this pick" alignment. JJ can lock up the first with better 40 times at Iowa's pro day.

At this point, it's merely "educated dart throwing". Free agency/salary cap cuts has to play out here yet to know each team's true draft needs.

I have a hunch they both slip to second. Through no fault of their own I'll add, and I think JJ has the best chance to stay there.

Sort of a "just the way it plays out" kinda thing. A team will really need to value/need a center big time for Daniels to get there along with the correct "he belongs at this pick" alignment. JJ can lock up the first with better 40 times at Iowa's pro day.

At this point, it's merely "educated dart throwing". Free agency/salary cap cuts has to play out here yet to know each team's true draft needs.
Daniels needs to book a flight to Dallas for Thursday night's draft. No way James is dropping to the 2nd Round. He's special ~ we knew it, and now the NFL knows it. Center, or Guard, you can't go wrong, and he's 20 years old! He'll show up for Iowa Pro Day to run a 40 (maybe), take photos, and sign autographs. Iowa Offensive Lineman ~ Ferentz approved; Doyle certified!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT