ADVERTISEMENT

Is Iowa recruiting: the land of misfit toys?

makeachange

Rookie
Mar 1, 2015
..as others have pointed out, many of these 2015 recruits had minimal to no other offers. Many have slammed me for saying Mark Stoops should be next man in, I disagree. RECRUITING WINS GAMES. Recruiting/talent covers up coaching blunders on the field. BAD punting loses games.

I am going on record: Illinois State Redbirds beat Iowa...and i doubt if it's considered an upset.

THAT loss will rock the athletic department.
flush.r191677.gif

Originally posted by makeachange:
..as others have pointed out, many of these 2015 recruits had minimal to no other offers. Many have slammed me for saying Mark Stoops should be next man in, I disagree. RECRUITING WINS GAMES. Recruiting/talent covers up coaching blunders on the field. BAD punting loses games.

I am going on record: Illinois State Redbirds beat Iowa...and i doubt if it's considered an upset.

flush.r191677.gif
Anybody have any ideas on who the next Iowa coach should be? I'm hearing Mark Stoops and his 7-17 record would be a good one, lol.

P.S. - You're like the train with square wheels on your caboose, son. You look ridiculous and you're going nowhere:)

I do find it concerning that we found all the right guys and half of them weren't offered by other FBS schools.

Either the coaches are lucky or their not being 100% honest.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I don't know if Stoops will ever be a potentia candidate or not, but judging someone off of a 2 year record might be shortsighed
Kf's record at Iowa his first 2 seasons at Iowa was 4-19. Overall as a college HC, his record was 16-40 at that point.

One really good season in the last ten years was 2009. A roster chock full of highly touted recruits and Ferentz's best classes.

Pretty obvious recruiting/attrition is an issue.

flush.r191677.gif
Iowa loses. It won't be considered an upset. Yet it will somehow rock the athletic department. I suggest you make a change and lay off the hooch.

flush.r191677.gif
Hmm....

Hey fellas, good news. Iowa is gonna open the season 1-0 next year!!! This guy makechange just guaranteed it! Thanks makechange!!
happy.r191677.gif

Party on boyz......

party0016.r191677.gif

party0023.r191677.gif

flush.r191677.gif
Well if that's the case screw Mark Stoops give me the Zooker. Ron Zook will take us back to the promise land...

Put your money where your doubts are. How much money are you willing to bet Iowa loses to Illinois State in 2015?

$1000? $2000? Your entire net worth? Your 401k? I mean, it's in the bank, right? Your logic is so rock solid that we all might as well fly to Vegas and bet the mortgage Iowa loses to Illinois State right now.

Mark Stoops...let me see if I have this straight. You're saying Mark Stoops is going to take Kentucky to heights that they have never once achieved in my entire lifetime (b. 1962). You're saying Mark Stoops is going to be mixing it up with South Carolina, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Texas A&M, Auburn. Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida on a yearly basis.

Is that what you're saying? They went 10-1 in 1977...they did not play Auburn or Alabama that year BTW...6 game conference season.

They didn't even go to a bowl.

Bagdroppings:

..now use that same critical look at the iowa program the past 5 years. Blunders best describes Iowa's 5 years.
...sure glad were not playing UNI..or IWCC... in 2015.

Re: Changemydiapers:

So, you wouldn't bet a single penny on your bold as gold, rubber stamp mark it down as fact swill you're posting. Got it. Thanks for proving my point.

The Internet - where everybody's a genius until you ask them to back up the tripe they post with their own cash.

It's sad that Mark Stoops currently recruits better in two years at Kentucky than Ferentz is currently recruiting at Iowa after sixteen years.

Originally posted by Mr_Galmaster:
It's sad that Mark Stoops currently recruits better in two years at Kentucky than Ferentz is currently recruiting at Iowa after sixteen years.
Talk to me when he goes to the Orange Bowl in 2016. Three top 8's first 6 years.

At some point, Mark has to...you know...WIN. At Kentucky. Arguably the worst historical football program in the SEC in it's history.

Originally posted by iahawkeyes17:

..as others have pointed out, many  of these 2015 recruits had minimal to no other offers. Many have slammed me for saying Mark Stoops should be next man in, I disagree. RECRUITING WINS GAMES. Recruiting/talent covers up coaching blunders on the field.  BAD punting loses games.  

flush.r191677.gif
Well if that's the case screw Mark Stoops give me the Zooker.  Ron Zook will take us back to the promise land...

He went to a Rose Bowl

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:

..as others have pointed out, many  of these 2015 recruits had minimal to no other offers. Many have slammed me for saying Mark Stoops should be next man in, I disagree. RECRUITING WINS GAMES. Recruiting/talent covers up coaching blunders on the field.  BAD punting loses games. Â

flush.r191677.gif
Well if that's the case screw Mark Stoops give me the Zooker. Â Ron Zook will take us back to the promise land...

He went to a Rose Bowl
I know you're "just sayin".....but for argument's sake...........

Ron Zook's 7 years at Illinois: 18-38 in conference, 34-51 overall
Best season: 2007, they went 9-4, 2nd in the Big Ten, lost to USC in the Orange Bowl
Bowl record: 1-1 (L, Orange Bowl; W, Texas Bowl in 2010) *Illinois went to, and won, the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in 2011, but Zook had been fired after a 6-6 season and did not coach the bowl game.
Bowl-eligible seasons: 3 (2007, 2010, 2011)
Record w/Illinois vs Iowa: 1-3 (W, 2008; L, '05-'07)
Record vs Kirk Ferentz: 1-4 ('04 Outback Bowl)

Kirk Ferentz has 2 Big Ten titles (albeit co-championships, including an undefeated co-title), 2 BCS bowl appearances, 3 Big Ten COY awards and a winning record against Ron Zook, yet because f***ing 'Rose Bowl'...........Ron Zook > Kirk Ferentz...???

Surely nobody believes that, right?......Guys?........Anyone?......
indifferent.r191677.gif

The whole point is, some of you place way too much stock in the fact that Ferentz hasn't gotten Iowa to a 'Rose Bowl' in the ever-changing BCS-era/and now Playoff era of college football.

And again, swag, I know you were "just sayin", but I know there's a lot of fans that hold this against Ferentz.

If nothing else, I can at least prove to our fanbase that there is a coach out there worse than Kirk Ferentz, so there is that.............
flush.r191677.gif

Originally posted by IowaHa...B4Life:
I actually think Iowa loses to Illinois State as well. Tre Roberson will be the best athlete on the field.

My god you people are crazy. This season can't get here fast enough. We may be mediocre but we are not losing to FCS teams. Take the anti kf venom somewhere else. Sad and pathetic thing is I bet most of you anti KF types want iowa to lose just to stir the pot and get rid of him. I'd take KF for the rest of my lifetime and boring football as long as we win 9+ games a year. I suppose we just need new jerseys, gimmicky offenses, recruits who spend more time in jail than the classroom and a win at all costs attitude, might as well start setting up recruit trust funds now. This board is so comical.

Originally posted by bagdropper:
Originally posted by Mr_Galmaster:

Talk to me when he goes to the Orange Bowl in 2016. Three top 8's first 6 years.

At some point, Mark has to...you know...WIN. At Kentucky. Arguably the worst historical football program in the SEC in it's history.

Hey let's live in the past. Weeeee

Mark Stoops' Kentucky Wildcats lost their last 6 games last year and got their doors blown off in 3 of those losses. He hasn't proven anything yet and I certainly am nowhere close to handing the Hawkeye reins off to him.

"My god ( if he's your God the g should be capitalized)you people are crazy. This season can't get here fast enough. We may be mediocre (Yah!) but we are not losing to FCS teams (famous last words). Take the anti kf venom somewhere else. Sad and pathetic thing is I bet most of you anti KF types want iowa to lose just to stir the pot and get rid of him (Yah!). I'd take KF for the rest of my lifetime and boring football as long as we win 9+ games a year ( so far most of that's true...except the 9+ wins) I suppose we just need new jerseys, gimmicky offenses, recruits who spend more time in jail than the classroom and a win at all costs attitude (don't knock it until you try it). Might as well start setting up recruit trust funds now. This board is so comical (SNL here we come)."

This post was edited on 4/3 7:40 AM by N.Legend

Originally posted by northside_hawk:

I actually think Iowa loses to Illinois State as well. Tre Roberson will be the best athlete on the field.

My god you people are crazy. This season can't get here fast enough. We may be mediocre but we are not losing to FCS teams. Take the anti kf venom somewhere else. Sad and pathetic thing is I bet most of you anti KF types want iowa to lose just to stir the pot and get rid of him. I'd take KF for the rest of my lifetime and boring football as long as we win 9+ games a year. I suppose we just need new jerseys, gimmicky offenses, recruits who spend more time in jail than the classroom and a win at all costs attitude, might as well start setting up recruit trust funds now. This board is so comical.

Umm...we're not totally crazy. Illinois State was a very good team this season. Yes, every year brings a new team, but they have a solid core returning and with Tre...well we all know how we do with mobile, quick quarterbacks who can throw well.
I hope we go 12-0, but realism says that won't happen. Realism also says that Illinois State has a decent chance to take us down. I realize the "ifs and buts" line but if Ball State had Illinois State's offense last year, people are leaving Kinnick at halftime and flaming pitchforks are everywhere.

Originally posted by northside_hawk:

laugh.r191677.gif

I think most of the "anti-KF types" would be all for keeping Kirk as long as we win 9+ games a year. Problem is, he has been averaging 6.8 wins/year the last 5 years and 7.2 during his tenure.

You're right, this board is very comical.

flush.r191677.gif
Well if that's the case screw Mark Stoops give me the Zooker. Ron Zook will take us back to the promise land...
Or Tim Brewster. How'd that one work out? Someone else said it best, there are only a handful of football coaches that are GOOD. Maybe if KF had a helicopter recruiting would pick up, or at least some pro-combat uni's!

Do you really think different uniforms would have landed the Hawkeyes Hilliards brother and Cornell?
I don't think uniforms are going to matter.
I'm not sure I would want a kid who is so easily distracted by 'shiny objects'.

Originally posted by EvilMo...Closet:
Originally posted by swagsurfer02:

..as others have pointed out, many  of these 2015 recruits had minimal to no other offers. Many have slammed me for saying Mark Stoops should be next man in, I disagree. RECRUITING WINS GAMES. Recruiting/talent covers up coaching blunders on the field.  BAD punting loses games.  

flush.r191677.gif
Well if that's the case screw Mark Stoops give me the Zooker.  Ron Zook will take us back to the promise land...

He went to a Rose Bowl
I know you're "just sayin".....but for argument's sake...........

Ron Zook's 7 years at Illinois: 18-38 in conference, 34-51 overall
Best season: 2007, they went 9-4, 2nd in the Big Ten, lost to USC in the Orange Bowl
Bowl record: 1-1 (L, Orange Bowl; W, Texas Bowl in 2010) *Illinois went to, and won, the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in 2011, but Zook had been fired after a 6-6 season and did not coach the bowl game. 
Bowl-eligible seasons: 3 (2007, 2010, 2011)
Record w/Illinois vs Iowa: 1-3 (W, 2008; L, '05-'07)
Record vs Kirk Ferentz: 1-4 ('04 Outback Bowl)

Kirk Ferentz has 2 Big Ten titles (albeit co-championships, including an undefeated co-title), 2 BCS bowl appearances, 3 Big Ten COY awards and a winning record against Ron Zook, yet because f***ing 'Rose Bowl'...........Ron Zook > Kirk Ferentz...???

Surely nobody believes that, right?......Guys?........Anyone?......
indifferent.r191677.gif

The whole point is, some of you place way too much stock in the fact that Ferentz hasn't gotten Iowa to a 'Rose Bowl' in the ever-changing BCS-era/and now Playoff era of college football.

And again, swag, I know you were "just sayin", but I know there's a lot of fans that hold this against Ferentz.

If nothing else, I can at least prove to our fanbase that there is a coach out there worse than Kirk Ferentz, so there is that.............
flush.r191677.gif

You gleaned all of that from my statement?

Swag, you never knew how much you can say in so few words. I'm impressed. Should I buy gold?

As I mentioned during the football season Iowa's equipment manager Greg Morris, spoke to a group of approx. 150 Hawkeye fans and was asked about throwback or alternate uni's. Morris emphasized that he gets asked about them "all the time" by current players and players being recruited. It matters.

Originally posted by SigMaintHawk:
I don't know if Stoops will ever be a potentia candidate or not, but judging someone off of a 2 year record might be shortsighed
Kf's record at Iowa his first 2 seasons at Iowa was 4-19. Overall as a college HC, his record was 16-40 at that point.
MIGHT be?

Mark Stoops took on a massive undertaking in the best football conference in the land.. People who point to Stoops' 7-17 record clearly don't understand what a rebuilding job is. As you pointed out, KF was 4-19 in his first two years at Iowa, but went to the Orange Bowl 2 years later. These are the same people who LOL at Bret Bielema not winning more games his first couple years at Arkansas, when in reality, that program has shown remarkable improvement in a short time under his leadership.

This doesn't guarantee that Mark Stoops will ever win big, but to write him off based on his record in years 1 & 2 of a building job, is laughable.

flush.r191677.gif
I mainly have a problem with your thread title. I figure you have one of two options.

Is Iowa recruiting the land of misfit toys? (no colon)Iowa recruiting: The land of misfit toys. I've never seen somebody so eager to use a colon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT