ADVERTISEMENT

Is Josh O done?

drh1150

HR MVP
Jan 11, 2003
With Purdue on the horizon, it would be nice to have some fouls to give in the paint.

But for a guy who seemingly has struggled with conditioning, you have to wonder where he is in that regard currently.
Makes me wonder if we will see him again.
And, if it matters.

Agree that he could help a few minutes against Purdon't, but in the long run, this could make it easier to get a quality big man in the transfer portal after the season. It seems pretty clear the JoshO cannot be relied on.

• Sad
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Riley and Josh have the size the Hawks often need inside, yet they hardly play.

Makes you wonder if they ever will.

Reactions: CarterHall
With Purdue on the horizon, it would be nice to have some fouls to give in the paint.

But for a guy who seemingly has struggled with conditioning, you have to wonder where he is in that regard currently.
Makes me wonder if we will see him again.
And, if it matters.
You realize, (as has been discussed here) that he has a knee injury, and is not practicing or dressing for games.....

You realize, (as has been discussed here) that he has a knee injury, and is not practicing or dressing for games.....
If he's not back by the Boiler game do we really need him at all?

I say Fran should encourage him to hit the portal at the end of the season so we can find someone who has more enthusiasm for the game, like Filip.

Reactions: DewHawk and Tunadog
If he's not back by the Boiler game do we really need him at all?

I say Fran should encourage him to hit the portal at the end of the season so we can find someone who has more enthusiasm for the game, like Filip.
I'm not disputing what you said, just that several posters made it sound like he should be getting in the games. Wasn't sure tat they even knew he's not healthy supposedly. I'd be fine if Fran moved on (for good this time) from Josh. Hopefully it works out for him, and the team. He can't be enjoying his current situation.

We need to pick either Mulvey or Ogundele and encourage the other one to hit the portal. They are stunting each other’s development.

I'm not sure where to ask this question so I'll do it here. With the free flowing offense that Fran runs, what's the benefit of having a true center? I think a Rebraca type player with just a bit more range is ideal. No need to have a behemoth that plugs the lane and prevents drives. The counter argument can be who will protect the rim but my counter counter argument is no one does that anyway so go all in on your strengths.

I'm not sure where to ask this question so I'll do it here. With the free flowing offense that Fran runs, what's the benefit of having a true center? I think a Rebraca type player with just a bit more range is ideal. No need to have a behemoth that plugs the lane and prevents drives. The counter argument can be who will protect the rim but my counter counter argument is no one does that anyway so go all in on your strengths.
I agree. I think a lot of fans have a fetish for a “true center,” but it’s not as valuable as many make it to be. You need some size, and you need someone who can run the floor. But the traditional behemoth is overrated.

I agree. I think a lot of fans have a fetish for a “true center,” but it’s not as valuable as many make it to be. You need some size, and you need someone who can run the floor. But the traditional behemoth is overrated.
Tell that to the number 1 team in the country…..

Par for the course when it comes to player body development in Fran's program.

If they don't come into the program already naturally jacked, it ain't happening during their scholly years.
Filip bulked up from last year.
Patrick has added at least 20lbs since coming into college.
Luka muscled up over his years.
I agree Fran does not bulk his players up like MSU.
I think he wants them lean enough to run.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Lots. Tons. I have no idea. But without Edey Poordoo wouldn’t be where they are this year…
Well yeah they wouldn't be where they are without him. Anyone who gets the bid for a 7'4" major conference center is gonna do well. But if that player is 1 in 1000 or rarer there's not much sense in putting all your eggs in the true center basket.

Well yeah they wouldn't be where they are without him. Anyone who gets the bid for a 7'4" major conference center is gonna do well. But if that player is 1 in 1000 or rarer there's not much sense in putting all your eggs in the true center basket.
1 in 1000? It’s more like 1-20,000. And finding a guy that’s 7-4 that can actually run and chew gum is almost impossible. Purdue lucked into him a bit. He’s worked his ass off and they’ve coached him well. Give me a 6-8, 6-9 guy that can run the floor in our offense and play inside and out and I’ll be happy. Neither of our 2 backups fit that bill.

Filip bulked up from last year.
Patrick has added at least 20lbs since coming into college.
Luka muscled up over his years.
I agree Fran does not bulk his players up like MSU.
I think he wants them lean enough to run.
MSU has not had any problem running the court and being developed in the upper body

Reactions: Vbeachawk
1 in 1000? It’s more like 1-20,000. And finding a guy that’s 7-4 that can actually run and chew gum is almost impossible. Purdue lucked into him a bit. He’s worked his ass off and they’ve coached him well. Give me a 6-8, 6-9 guy that can run the floor in our offense and play inside and out and I’ll be happy. Neither of our 2 backups fit that bill.

I think Purdue has become the go-to school for attracting 7-foot giants. The've had 1-2 of them on their squad
for past 10 years or so. I don't recall the Edey was super highly rated out of HS but he put up pretty
good offensive numbers right away in 1st few games as freshman. The issue with giants is they have to play defense too.

It is about matchups...in NCAA tourney Purdue has not made big ncaa runs with their giants. Opposing teams have enought 6'8-6'10 guys to negate Purdue's advantage at center and Purdues guards/forwards haven't been up to the task of getting wins in NcAA tourney.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
artworks-000062139732-emf6dh-t500x500.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT