ADVERTISEMENT

ISU & big bro & bigger bro

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

HB Heisman
Apr 17, 2002
Only thing Clones have left to wait for this year is who is the big dog of Iowa. Could anyone imagine what Davidson or Wyoming would've done to ISU?!?!

grin.r191677.gif

Iowa State was exhausted mentally as well as
physically from the Big 12 Tournament.

Iowa Hawkeyes had fresh legs and bright mental
attitude against Davidson.

Bottom Line: Conference Tournaments are
over rated. They are merely cash cows and
not anything else.

Originally posted by LuteHawk:

not anything else.
OH YOU ARE SO RIGHT. Kentucky, Wisconsin and Arizona teams are exhausted from winning the conference tournament as well. Great analogy.

Originally posted by Arizona_Hawks:

not anything else.
OH YOU ARE SO RIGHT. Kentucky, Wisconsin and Arizona teams are exhausted from winning the conference tournament as well. Great analogy.
1. There are contributing factors and there are excuses. There is no excuse for the way ISU played against UAB. None. Zippo. Nada.

2. Having said that, one of the contributing factors certainly was the league tournament. The team played three games in three days against NCAA qualifiers and all three games went down to the final seconds after ISU got behind by huge margins (21, 12 and 17 points, respectively). That takes a lot out of a team, both mentally and physically. Then they had the short turnaround, playing in the early NCAA game Thursday.

3. ISU players had a tendency to let the press clippings go to their heads all season, IMHO. It isn't a coincidence that every time the team cracked the Top Ten, it immediately laid a gigantic egg.

Or it could be a return to normalcy Looney.

Clown fans love to tout the clowns and how they are so "elite" and then Lucy pulls the ball away from Charlie Brown and everyone laughs again. This really does explain isu Athletics regardless of sport.

But I am sure you and or other clown fans will have detailed and lengthy reasons for why history is incorrect.

This post was edited on 3/21 10:32 AM by 100yearscounting

Oh puhleeze! These are young men. They had five days between games. That's plenty of time to recover. Basically, I think the Clones thought they could just show up and their superior "final four" talent would easily overcome the Blazers. UAB didn't get the message that they were supposed to be desperately overmatched.

Originally posted by Ronman:
Oh puhleeze! These are young men. They had five days between games. That's plenty of time to recover. Basically, I think the Clones thought they could just show up and their superior "final four" talent would easily overcome the Blazers. UAB didn't get the message that they were supposed to be desperately overmatched.
No really isu mentally couldn't handle it. Clown fans are sure of it.

Why would anyone laugh at this newest excuse?

Can anyone tell me how UAB made the tourney? Would they have qualified as an at-large?

They had to win three games in three days, the first by one point, the second in overtime, and the Conference USA championship (which they basically controlled the whole game).

Originally posted by mthawkeyes:
Can anyone tell me how UAB made the tourney? Would they have qualified as an at-large?

They had to win three games in three days, the first by one point, the second in overtime, and the Conference USA championship (which they basically controlled the whole game).
Didn't you get the memo from clown fans? Winning the conference championship only affected isu. Or better yet isu's psychy was just too fragile.

It is not as if Iowa has not had their share of problems handling success this season. Did they not lose two straight after cracking the top 25? Did they not finish the regular season with 6 straight victories and then play poorly in the opening round of the Big Ten Tourney? What will we have Sunday? Good Iowa or bad Iowa? That is the question. Fran had it dead on in his pregame. Teams are invited to the tourney for a reason. They earned it. For the most part, the seedings are irrelevant. It's how teams matchup to one another and how well they perform on gameday that determines outcomes, Hopefully Good Iowa will show up Sunday.

not anything else.
Well, I guess I will never watch a conf. Tourney again. I wish I would have known this last weekend

Originally posted by Ronman:
Oh puhleeze! These are young men. They had five days between games.
Moreover, they had the same amount of time that UAB had after winning their conference tourney. It's a bad argument.

I guess we will never see clown fans puffing out their chest for winning a conference tournament either.

Rrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggthhhhhtttttttttttt

To piggyback on to lone clones list:
4. Players were still tired from the party at Bryce demean jones apartment after the big twelve tourney.

The conference tournament is just about money and television (which is, of course, only about money).

College BBall was already a great product without the conference tournaments and the mega conferences. How about keeping conferences sufficiently small to have a round robin schedule?

The clones were embarrassed, so just live with it. Maybe if they would have played better the first halves they wouldn't have needed to expend all that energy in the second half to win the game. Now they're out of gas. lol

Yes, and that's why people who are literate would have read that I said there were no excuses, and that I said the team wasn't mentally ready to play.

They were in essentially the same situation last year -- had just won a tough conference tournament, etc. -- and they faced a stronger opponent in the first game, but they played pretty well and won.

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

Yes, and that's why people who are literate would have read that I said there were no excuses, and that I said the team wasn't mentally ready to play.

They were in essentially the same situation last year -- had just won a tough conference tournament, etc. -- and they faced a stronger opponent in the first game, but they played pretty well and won.
Or the clowns weren't nearly as good as clown fans thought. Same thing with the view if the so called "experts" saying the Texas Ten was the best conference in a the country.

Call it an excuse (I didn't, either), call it a "contributing factor" if you want to, but that particular "contributing factor" to Iowa State's demise was no more of an issue to Iowa State than it was to their opponent.

LC, you're a poster who generally presents your opinions supported with facts and/or a well-reasoned rationale. This particular one wasn't, so there's no reason to call anyone's literacy into question for taking what you wrote at face value.

This post was edited on 3/21 2:03 PM by mthawkeyes

100years,

Maybe your message board self is just one persona you put on to blow off steam. Or maybe you were beaten as a child by someone in a Cy outfit. If it's the first one, then hey, whatever gets you through the day. Try humor sometime. If it's the second one, then it's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault....Iowa and ISU are not warring tribes. It's fun to act like it sometimes, but it's just where you went to school.

Call it an excuse (I didn't, either), call it a "contributing factor" if you want to, but that particular "contributing factor" to Iowa State's demise was no more of an issue to Iowa State than it was to their opponent.

LC, you're a poster who generally presents your opinions supported with facts and/or a well-reasoned rationale. This particular one wasn't, so there's no reason to call anyone's literacy into question for taking what you wrote at face value.

This post was edited on 3/21 2:03 PM by mthawkeyes
I apologize if I was a bit testy. I may have conflated several posts although my response was to you. I thought you were implying I was trying to excuse the ISU performance. Since I had very clearly said that was not my intent, I made the remark about literacy. If you had taken my post at face value, you would have known it wasn't my intent.

As I said, ISU was in essentially the same situation last year as it was this year in terms of the conference tournament, and was able to overcome it. I was not blaming the tournament. I was blaming the team.

I think there's a difference between saying, "if they hadn't had the league tournament run, they would have won" and saying "one of the reasons they played so poorly may have been the league tournament run."

Originally posted by cylibros:
100years,

Maybe your message board self is just one persona you put on to blow off steam. Or maybe you were beaten as a child by someone in a Cy outfit. If it's the first one, then hey, whatever gets you through the day. Try humor sometime. If it's the second one, then it's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault....Iowa and ISU are not warring tribes. It's fun to act like it sometimes, but it's just where you went to school.
Maybe you should take a look at cry-clown fanatic and post these same thought over there. Tell us your handle so we know it is you. I have a long ways to go to meet the venom of clown fans.

Chop, chop.

ISU has a problem - period.

1) They used to be good in wrestling - no more.

2) The only team they seem to be able to beat in football of any significance is Iowa.

3) In basketball - they want to be Kansas - but even though they beat them sometimes. Uhhh - they ain't Kansas and never will be. They beat them twice in conference tourneys (and then they claim themselves "Conference Champs")

So - there's that....

Originally posted by cylibros:
Never heard of cry-clown fanatic. Do you live near Ames?
It is the largest web site for clown fans. Chrissy Williams is the Owner/Operator. The 12 year olds there would love a babysitter to help them out and you appear to be the best candidate available.

Who would be the candidate to supervise all the eight year olds that post here?.
This post was edited on 3/21 5:54 PM by oldman101

I would hate to short change all the other contenders by limiting the selection process so narrowly.
This post was edited on 3/21 7:26 PM by oldman101

Originally posted by ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK:
Conference tourny winners aren't the conference champs. And there's a huge difference.
We agree on something. Now, where were you when Alford and 95% of the posters here were claiming Iowa was the Big Ten champion because it won the conference tournament?

I don't know anyone who claims ISU is the Big XII champion. I'm sure some do, but I certainly don't. Kansas is the champion. There may be people wearing t-shirts that say that, because that's the official position of the conference (same as in every conference) and that may be what the shirts they were selling in Kansas City say.

But this is really ironic, because I got in any number of fairly heated discussions on this board when you guys were all claiming to the conference champs because you won the tournament.

Originally posted by oldman101:
I would hate to short change all the other contenders by limiting the selection process so narrowly.
This post was edited on 3/21 7:26 PM by oldman101
Plenty of isu douches on the isu thread. Take your pick.

You don't have to limit yourself to ISU thread to find them. There's always one not to far away from your keyboard.
This post was edited on 3/21 8:01 PM by oldman101

Originally posted by oldman101:

You don't have to limit yourself to ISU thread to find them. There's always one not to far away from your keyboard.
This post was edited on 3/21 8:01 PM by oldman101
I model my posts based on how clown fans act. Particularly those on cry-clown fanatic but plenty of examples here as well. Let me know when you call them out. It is always entertaining to see how fellow clown fans and their mods react to such posts.

I don't know anyone who claims ISU is the Big XII champion.

Uhhh - Fred - for one. I think a reporter even called him out on it during a press conference at their game with UAB when Fred brought it up twice that they were Big 12 champs 2 years in a row.

Sorry, not a cyclone fan, not much of a fan of posts that try to pass off mindless name-calling as relevant conversation, or of a poster who creates a totally falsified link heading to justify their false assumptions.
This post was edited on 3/21 8:34 PM by oldman101

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT