ADVERTISEMENT

ISU got screwed

Drake can beat them. Drake can shoot the ball well and that can be isu's kryptonite. Yes ISU's defense can definitely be smothering but they aren't exactly an explosive team offensively and if a good shooting team has a decent night they can take them out. Everyone I've been talking to lately seems to think they are this unbeatable team and yes they are good but they have weaknesses and while it probably won't happen a team like drake can match up well if things go their way a little bit.
My hope is that the officials in the NCAA tourney will call fouls tightly and many isu players will get into foul trouble

Reactions: nelly02
Actually #16 Net schedule.

Stop posting what you don't know about.
Ok, they only said on the show that they were their SOS was 321. But go ahead and spout off at the mouth. That's why I hate ISU, A bunch of dumb farmers who think they know all about sports when they should just stick to feeding the pigs.

Reactions: shudaddy
ISU didn't get screwed. Looking ahead to a potential tough Elite 8 matchup that likely won't even be there is just idiotic. They got a really easy draw for 3 rounds, extremely close to home with a fanbase that will make it a home court. STFU and just play.

They beat Houston in January
Houston was 30-4, with 2 losses to ISU. Houston was 14-0 when ISU beat them the first time. ISU is now the #1 defensive team in US, Houston is now #2. According to KenPom, the top 4 seeds in the east are the best teams at those seeds in the tourney. Not even close with the other regions.

2-0 vs Arizona and split games with Colorado and Oregon

Best team in the Pac as far as I'm concerned. Tough draw for Drake.
Two other things that work against Drake: they will have had an 11 day layoff by the time they play, and the 9:00 PM start time. That is extremely late. It will essentially be 7:00 for WSU.

As much as I like Drake, I don't give them much chance to win.

Two other things that work against Drake: they will have had an 11 day layoff by the time they play, and the 9:00 PM start time. That is extremely late. It will essentially be 7:00 for WSU.

As much as I like Drake, I don't give them much chance to win.
WSU 52% of winning. Was 50-50 earlier.
Drake -1.5
Go Dogs.

Reactions: 83Hawk and DewHawk
Actually #16 Net schedule.

Stop posting what you don't know about.

Reading not a strength of yours? The post to which you responded makes reference to ISU's non-conference scheduling. How'd that rate? You seriously going to claim that ISU being seeded #2 in UConn's bracket had nothing to do with the non-conference scheduling and "industry folks" complaining about NET manipulation?

My hope is that the officials in the NCAA tourney will call fouls tightly and many isu players will get into foul trouble
Been saying this for awhile. Current Big 12 games officiated similarly to the '90s B1G games. I'd anticipate that there may be 1 or 2 Big 12 teams whose fan base(s) may, at some point, not like how games are officiated in this tournament. Certainly remember several times in the 90s where B1G teams got into foul trouble early when games were called more tightly in the tournament than in the regular season.

The tournament seems to be called much looser than the regular season.
If that is the case, then Big 12 teams will thrive. ISU and Houston fans joked before their last regular season game that it would look more like a football game . . . and they were right. The amount of contact allowed was unlike anything that I've seen this year in any other conference.

I think that's a common theme for a good portion of every fanbase.
But only Clown U has an AD that holds a press conference to throw a hissy fit about the refs. And instead of being embarrassed…..your hillbilly fans loved it!! 😂 🤡

Reactions: ghostpony
There are 362 teams and ISU non-con strength of schedule was 351. Stop posting what YOU don't know about.
Iowa State’s non-con schedule was 321 and sucked, and that fact is widely acknowledged by their fanbase. But when added to their bear of a conference schedule, it came all the way down to being #16 in the nation.

I’m kind of glad the early season schedule was as soft as it was. We had two new starters and needed time to gel. We had a 21 point lead on Texas A & M in the first half, only to lose the game. In the same tournament, we came from behind to defeat VCU and played poorly in a loss to Virginia Tech. Of course, our contest against Iowa didn’t do much to improve our SOS.

I expect our non-conference schedule to improve as TJ gets more established, but the conference challenge appears to only get tougher with the addition of Arizona.

Reactions: CyRail
Just realized the coach at SDSU, Eric Henderson, is the same dude I played against when he was at Maquoketa Valley. Had no clue. Csb

Blow out Houston in the conference championship and then get stuck in a really hard bracket.

Oh well.
They get to play in Omaha and are not in Purdue’s bracket, who is very hard to prepare for because you can’t simulate the size. They got a great draw.

Iowa State’s non-con schedule was 321 and sucked, and that fact is widely acknowledged by their fanbase. But when added to their bear of a conference schedule, it came all the way down to being #16 in the nation.

I’m kind of glad the early season schedule was as soft as it was. We had two new starters and needed time to gel. We had a 21 point lead on Texas A & M in the first half, only to lose the game. In the same tournament, we came from behind to defeat VCU and played poorly in a loss to Virginia Tech. Of course, our contest against Iowa didn’t do much to improve our SOS.

I expect our non-conference schedule to improve as TJ gets more established, but the conference challenge appears to only get tougher with the addition of Arizona.
Yeah, I really don't understand all the angst about the draw. You have to play Drake to get to the Sweet 16 for christ sakes in your back yard. Drake! Illinois is very doable as well. Had you guys gotten the last #1 seed, you'd have Michigan St or Miss St second round.

Reactions: NI hawk
Been saying this for awhile. Current Big 12 games officiated similarly to the '90s B1G games. I'd anticipate that there may be 1 or 2 Big 12 teams whose fan base(s) may, at some point, not like how games are officiated in this tournament. Certainly remember several times in the 90s where B1G teams got into foul trouble early when games were called more tightly in the tournament than in the regular season.
I thought I was the only one who remembered that.

Reactions: AuroraHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT