ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a new era in Hawkeye Land!!! - FSU fan thread to discuss Hawkeye football

F6L7GgUa4AAWvwA

I'm ready for KF to hang it up after this season. 25 years in one place is a fricking ETERNITY now a days.

I will always appreciate the more good seasons than bad ones, and the clean way he ran the program during that 25 year span, but enough is enough.

The game - offensively, if nothing else - has passed him by. Like a LOT. Unless you have a roster full of NFL-type talent to do it with, you aren't winning against upper-level P5 teams playing an offensive style (& a really shitty OL) that was in the process of getting outmoded 40 to 50 years ago.

Time to roll the dice and see what else is out there, program leadership-wise.

I'm ready for KF to hang it up after this season. 25 years in one place is a fricking ETERNITY now a days.

I will always appreciate the more good seasons than bad ones, and the clean way he ran the program during that 25 year span, but enough is enough.

The game - offensively, if nothing else - has passed him by. Like a LOT. Unless you have a roster full of NFL-type talent to do it with, you aren't winning against upper-level P5 teams playing an offensive style (& a really shitty OL) that was in the process of getting outmoded 40 to 50 years ago.

Time to roll the dice and see what else is out there, program leadership-wise.

Good luck, FSU had @10 years (The Lost Decade) of that under Bobby at the end and it was just so frustrating for everyone else to see the issue and the Athletic Dept not doing the right thing for the program.

‘haha… true. But I was still hopeful. I can’t believe how terrible Iowa is right now.

Really it's sad. He has been a good coach.

His son should have stayed away and not come back until he had his own identity and resume built up. He is in over his head. It's clear to everyone. I know the scheme is old school, but the execution is the worst part. Can't block.

so boys, who had fun tonight?
I popped two gummies midway through the third quarter. By the fourth I was able to see the humor in our complete offensive ineptitude.

(I was hoping to see a bright side to that debacle, but the only thing I can come up with is maybe a few more of these absolute beat downs will hasten the change that is inevitably coming).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT