ADVERTISEMENT

It’s over for Biden

Amazing that the Biden campaign, knowing their mans condition, not only proposed it but also established the venue and rules...
It was scheduled for June, earlier than any other Presidential debate by months. Some folks on team Biden might have actually wanted to make Joe's condition apparent and give the party time to make a course correction.

The leaks inside the administration in the last week kind of point to that.

Reactions: h-hawk
It was scheduled for June, earlier than any other Presidential debate by months. Some folks on team Biden might have actually wanted to make Joe's condition apparent and give the party time to make a course correction.

The leaks inside the administration in the last week kind of point to that.

The early debate always looked suspicious,.. looking back now, any debate was going to be a stupid move for Joe.

The early debate always looked suspicious,.. looking back now, any debate was going to be stupid.

Whoever pulled off having the debate early potentially did the nation, and those of us who do not with to live under a religious theocracy, an enormous favor. Had this happened in September, It would have sealed the deal for a TRUMP win and a lifetime dictatorship.

Reactions: noleclone2
We will see what happens but everyday this drags out it makes it less likely to happen. I will still vote for him because I know he will at least surround himself with good people and will not be the nightmare that awaits us if Trump wins. But, Trump will for sure win because of it.

In some ways it gives me a bit of peace too on that event because now I actually can process how our country could be so absolutely idiotic and elect Trump. The Democrats decided to run against him the only candidate that he could beat. We had a chance to undo this by Biden announcing he would not run and doing a true primary. In that multi universe Trump got destroyed last week and was already at that time 7-10 percent behind in polls.

Let me be also clear and though the Democrats are idiots and appear incapable of knowing how to effectively run their party, they are far far far better than what is going on with the fascist theocracy / kleptocracy dictator strongman goals that have taken over the right. We are living through some major history right now and it feels like a bad dream. We are going to be absolutely ****ed for decades and done if Trump is elected in a mere four months.

Chis was calling for the 25th amendment in 2020 because Trump was mumbling and bumbling a speech. Title was "Lol, this is the president"

Just getting back from trying to go to Casey's. I was planning to start a 25th amendment thread. I think it is time the cabinet votes to have Kamala become acting president.

Reactions: noleclone2
Whoever pulled off having the debate early potentially did the nation, and those of us who do not with to live under a religious theocracy, an enormous favor. Had this happened in September, It would have sealed the deal for a TRUMP win and a lifetime dictatorship.
I mentioned in another thread before but I listened to a podcast BEFORE the debate that speculated it was done intentionally early by Democrats to have time to replace Biden if he flopped due to mental questions / age issues.

One other thing that Bob Woodward brought up on an interview I saw is lord almighty if he stays and loses and then then the people behind scenes run to reporters with tales of his cognitive decline over last few years, there will be so many to blame. Regardless, after Biden loses there better be a mass firing and revamping of DNC.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
I mentioned in another thread before but I listened to a podcast BEFORE the debate that speculated it was done intentionally early by Democrats to have time to replace Biden if he flopped due to mental questions / age issues.

One other thing that Bob Woodward brought up on an interview I saw is lord almighty if he stays and loses and then then the people behind scenes run to reporters with tales of his cognitive decline over last few years, there will be so many to blame. Regardless, after Biden loses there better be a mass firing and revamping of DNC.
I think Biden's team thought there was a greater than 50% chance Trump would ask for a rule change and then they could use the media to cancel the debate and call Trump scared for some good PR.

I also think your take about an early debate/early replacement is true as well. I know a lot of libs have defended it but now it seems these "gaffes" or "cheapfakes" the past couple years are true. I just do not see how there was anyway anyone on his team thought rolling him out there for that debate was a good idea. He couldn't make it 2 minutes with f'ing it up.

Just getting back from trying to go to Casey's. I was planning to start a 25th amendment thread. I think it is time the cabinet votes to have Kamala become acting president.
That would be fine for right now, but that doesn't automatically get Joe removed from the ballots. Heck, that might just piss off Joe and Jill and Hunter enough for them to double down. In some states it's too late already, unless Joe dies.

Newsome is a very slick politician, for better or worse. He would embarrass Trump at a debate & campaigning. Imo the dems are literally running the only guy Trump will beat.
lol…Ron DeSantis debated Greasy Newsome a little while back and DeSantis won that debate. Trump would do the same.

• Haha
Reactions: TC Nole OX
Donors, including Abagail Disney, are withholding money until Biden drops out of the 2024 campaign

Democrats start moving to Harris as Biden digs in

With all these leaks coming out of the administration I wouldn't be surprised to see mass firings coming soon if Joe doesn't step aside.

No, I’m not ok with Trump.
I want Joe to step down.
If he ends up on the ballot I’ll do what I need to do.

I am not sure about Biden making decisions now. I suspect yes. For how long? Who knows. Definitely not four more years.

Surprises me that this doesn’t bother more of you.
I’m disgusted by our political system. But Trump is not fit to serve. He belongs in a cell FFS

Even the Washington Post is turning on Joe.

Biden’s aging is seen as accelerating, lapses described as more common​

Aides, foreign officials, members of Congress and donors say Biden has seemed slower and more often loses his train of thought in recent months, though close aides insist he remains mentally sharp.

President Biden, who at 81 is the oldest person ever to hold the office, has displayed signs of accelerated aging in recent months, said numerous aides, foreign officials, members of Congress, donors and others who have interacted with Biden over the last 3½ years, noting that he moves more slowly, speaks more softly and has moments when he loses his train of thought more often than even just a year ago.

None of those who spoke to The Washington Post said they had seen Biden appear as lost and confused as he did at the presidential debate against Donald Trump on June 27, where his halting performance sent panic through the Democratic Party. They largely did not question his mental acuity, and several senior White House aides who interact with Biden regularly said that he continues to ask probing, detailed questions about complicated policy matters and can recall facts from previous briefings in minute detail.
Nevertheless, Biden has slowed considerably over the last several months, according to 21 people, many of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive topic and share candid assessments.
They said Biden’s physical signs of aging have become more apparent — the stiff gait; the need at times for assistance in moving from place to place; a raspy, softened speaking voice that can make the lifelong politician known for impassioned and at times seemingly unending speeches now difficult to hear and understand. In addition to these traits, he has exhibited occasional lapses in which he has appeared to briefly freeze up or suddenly veer off topic, instances some said they easily dismissed before the debate but have now caused them to question his ability to do the job for another four years.

During the Group of Seven nations summit in Italy last month, several European leaders came away stunned at how much older the president seemed from when they had last interacted with him only a year, or in some cases, mere months earlier, several officials familiar with their reactions said. “People were worried about it,” said one person familiar with leaders’ reactions.

At an immigration event at the White House less than two weeks before the debate, some participants worried about the president’s frailty and how his energy ebbed and waned, wondering how he would be able to debate Trump. One person who attended termed Biden’s performance “terrifying.” Others said they thought the president seemed physically diminished but otherwise fine. At an internal meeting at the White House this spring, an official recalled struggling to hear Biden speak even though he sat just a few feet away and noticed that the president answered some questions with puzzling non-sequiturs.

“There’s been a decline over the last year. He was much more vigorous in 2023,” one former administration official said. “His age is progressing, and I’m pretty sure that’s normal. ... The question is how long can he do this job for, and I don’t know the answer to that.”
Biden has said he had a cold on the night of the debate. There is no indication he is more seriously ill, and a White House doctor declared him “fit for duty” after an examination in February 2024.

The White House has pointed to Biden’s long record of legislative successes and his management of complex foreign policy matters in numerous countries as evidence of his ability to continue for another four-year term.
“As he has proved by earning the strongest record of any modern President, Joe Biden is unflinchingly capable and fighting for American families, with sharpness and resolve, every moment of every day – whether it’s managing rapidly-evolving national security events in the Situation Room or working with members of Congress late to pass the biggest climate investments in history,” White House spokesman Andrew Bates said in a statement.
Several White House aides who work with the president regularly and accompany him on foreign trips said while he may move slower and look older, they do not see signs that he is mentally diminished and say his physical aging has no bearing on his ability to continue the job of president. And many Democrats and White House aides who interact with Biden regularly said they were stunned by his debate performance because he had appeared far sharper and more energetic in private meetings.

But during the Group of Seven nations summit in Italy last month, a number of European leaders were struck by Biden’s appearance and demeanor, according to four people who spoke directly with multiple leaders. The general impression among leaders, the people said, was that while Biden appeared capable of carrying out his duties today, they were concerned about how he would be able to serve another four-year term.
The leaders noted that Biden seemed more tired, frail and less lucid at certain moments. Several said he was hard to hear, prompting meeting participants to ask him to speak up at times, according to a summit participant. The president also sometimes lost his train of thought, though would return to the point quickly, three of the people said.

Biden’s appearance at the G-7, coupled with his debate performance, has further heightened anxiety among European leaders about a possible second Trump term. European capitals have long been preparing for another Trump presidency, but Biden’s halting debate performance has put those efforts into sharp focus and made the stakes “more real,” one person familiar with the conversations said.

Dr. Gupta: It’s time for Biden to undergo detailed cognitive and neurological testing

How can ANYONE on team Biden think they can actually recover politically from the last week?

Talk about delusion. Just about the entire MSM has jumped ship and aren't gonna turn on a dime and regurgitate administration talking points. If they do in fact turn on a dime....no one will buy it.

How can ANYONE on team Biden think they can actually recover politically from the last week?

Talk about delusion. Just about the entire MSM has jumped ship and aren't gonna turn on a dime and regurgitate administration talking points. If they do in fact turn on a dime....no one will buy it.

You seem very concerned. Your guy is going down or is it your always going down on your guy? Either way hopefully this all works out for you.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Deep breathes

fkL2jKJ.png

Business leaders, pro-Democracy activists send letter asking Biden to withdraw​

The letter sent to the White House is the latest outreach from the donor and activist community pushing for a new nominee after the president’s debate performance.

A prominent group of political donors, civic leaders and business executives founded to protect the institutions of American democracy sent a letter Friday morning to President Biden calling on him to “cement your legacy” by ending his bid for reelection.

“We respectfully urge you to withdraw from being a candidate for reelection for the sake of our democracy and the future of our nation,” wrote 168 signatories to the private letter, which continued to gain signatures after its delivery to senior White House officials.

The letter was organized by Leadership Now Project, a group founded in 2018 in response to rising concerns about threats to democratic norms. It was delivered to multiple White House advisers, said a person familiar with the effort, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the private communication.

Among the signatories is Christy Walton, the billionaire daughter-in-law of Walmart’s founder; retired NFL commissioner Paul J. Tagliabue; billionaire investor Mike Novogratz; former Google executive Ning Mosberger-Tang; Warburg Pincus Managing Director Harsha Marti; Harvard Law School professor Lawrence Lessig; New York University professor and podcaster Scott Galloway; Weyco Group CEO Tom Florsheim; former Army secretary Louis Caldera and hedge fund investor Kevin Brennan of Bridgewater Associates. Vicky Hausman, the CEO of Forward Majority, a group that supports Democrats in state legislative elections, also signed.

Daniella Ballou-Aares, the CEO of the Leadership Now Project who worked in the Obama administration, declined to comment Friday on the letter. The group previously released an unsigned statement on Wednesday calling for Biden to step aside.

“Our number one concern is the risk that former president [Donald] Trump presents to the economy, to national security and the risk that he undermines rule of law,” Ballou-Aares said in an appearance Thursday on CNN. “We are also engaging with members of the House and the Senate making our concerns known.”

She said if Biden remains the nominee, she expects all of the group’s members will continue to support him against Trump. She also said that Biden is now far more likely to lose than win if he remains the nominee.
The White House referred a request for comment to the Biden campaign, which responded with a statement about the president’s accomplishments and Trump’s unfitness for office.
“With economists warning that Trump will supercharge inflation and launch us into a recession, while President Biden’s agenda will continue to lower costs and fuel job growth, the choice this election for anyone who wants America to succeed couldn’t be clearer,” Biden campaign spokesman Charles Lutvak said.

The letter the group delivered Friday praised Biden’s decades of public service.
“As members of the Leadership Now Project, and like-minded business and civic leaders committed to protecting American democracy, we have been vocal about the threats posed by a second term of Donald Trump. The risks to America are profound: global and domestic instability, abandoning our allies, crony capitalism, political retribution, and further erosion of the rights of women and other groups,” the letter said.
“At this consequential moment for our nation, it is time to cement your legacy by passing the torch — just as George Washington did,” the letter added.

• Love
Think we might have reached a breaking point. They gave 10 days to salvage/recover/make go away but it persisted. This is exactly how the first step will go-time to stop making the case and go quiet.

Going to be an interesting 48-96 hours. If he steps aside there needs to be a ton of coordination and thought behind doing so in unified manner. This is uncharted territory but I do think we will see a candidates chosen at convention now.

Think we might have reached a breaking point. They gave 10 days to salvage/recover/make go away but it persisted. This is exactly how the first step will go-time to stop making the case and go quiet.

Going to be an interesting 48-96 hours. If he steps aside there needs to be a ton of coordination and thought behind doing so in unified manner. This is uncharted territory but I do think we will see a candidates chosen at convention now.

This might go deeper and be bigger than this. They may be tired of all the payoffs from China and Ukraine... Or tired of covering them up

Former Biden senate staffer, Rep Gerry Connolly sounds very close to telling him to go

‘Hopefully White House can move beyond defensive posture’; Democrat on Biden’s debate blowback

The story about how they’re no longer going to feed questions to ask to the press….

Oof, that’s a lot bigger problem than Biden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT