ADVERTISEMENT

It will be 3 years in March

This is the one Covid thread that Joe, Riley and Kenneth steer clear from, since they are the kind of people who caused what has happened to this poor family.

Mental illness? That's just the kind of precautions that Joe's Place, Riley, Kenneth, Tom and others think are smart to reduce the risk of Covid. If it works even a little, it's worth it they say.

LOL! Posts almost 10 months apart. Looks like @Joes Place @RileyHawk @Kenneth Griffin @Tom Paris have some lovely space inside of Pine's head. Pine, do you win pretend arguments in the shower with these posters too?

I've never been so sure of something in my life.

ad913c61-2e73-49b8-830b-ec878b8ea4ef_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Moral and McLovin32
LOL! Posts almost 10 months apart. Looks like @Joes Place @RileyHawk @Kenneth Griffin @Tom Paris have some lovely space inside of Pine's head. Pine, do you win pretend arguments in the shower with these posters too?
Yeah, they are in part responsible for what’s happening to kids like these. It’s just an extension of what they’ve been wanting for years now. They should own it.

Pushing so much fear for so long broke a lot of people. Which is worse for many than Covid would have ever been. Saw a person on the way to work this morning, riding their bike down the sidewalk, alone, wearing an n95 mask in 36 degree weather. Zero risk, but they are so scared still.
Riding a bike in 36 degree weather is tough. Maybe his face was just cold?

Riding a bike in 36 degree weather is tough. Maybe his face was just cold?
Not just the face, it hurts to suck in cold air while you are exerting yourself. This is why I wear a balaclava and many other winter bike commuters wear masks - the recirculated breath is warmer and easier on the lungs.

Forgive Pinehawk, this is a triggering conversation for him.

Yeah, it was for warming the face. lol.
You don't need to make up excuses for people still masking up.

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
It was a common sight for years before anyone heard the words "covid" or "coronavirus"

It doesn't matter if you don't believe me, but you are making quite the ass of yourself not getting that.

Article about it from 2012:

Another from 2013:

N95s made specifically for winter cycling:

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
It’s not possible? How would you know?

I remember we had to wear one on the sidelines in winter 2020-21 and I recall wondering why I’d never thought of it before. I can easily see someone grabbing a mask if they were forced to ride a bike in the winter.

It’s not possible? How would you know?

I remember we had to wear one on the sidelines in winter 2020-21 and I recall wondering why I’d never thought of it before. I can easily see someone grabbing a mask if they were forced to ride a bike in the winter.
This was commonplace around here this summer and fall as well. It's not a cold winter thing. No need to white knight Covid mask wearing weirdos at this point in the pandemic.
I'll likely see the exact same thing on the way home tonight, and now it's nearly 60 degrees.

This was commonplace around here this summer and fall as well. It's not a cold winter thing. No need to white knight Covid mask wearing weirdos at this point in the pandemic.
I'll likely see the exact same thing on the way home tonight, and now it's nearly 60 degrees.
I’m not saying people aren’t still unreasonably fearful. I just wouldn’t draw conclusions about winter bike riders.

I thought people went bonkers on masks and most of them didn't work but for n95.

But I've covered my face lots in cold weather. And if you have allergies N95s would be a nice tool. (although freaking annoying to wear often)

I'm sure covid made masks more socially acceptable altogether. It's not weird seeing someone with a mask anymore. They do actually have utility in certain situations.

• Sad
Reactions: Pinehawk and torbee
Odd. As someone that spends at least 1.5-2 hours, sometimes more walking on bike trails 6-7 days a week, with the exception being during January and Feb, I've probably seen a total of 4 or 5 people wearing masks on the trail since I started doing it, which was Oct of 2020. That's between Cedar Rapids and Cedar Falls, so decent sized cities. Every time I would see someone w/ a mask out there I would find it odd, even during the peak of covid.

If you see people doing it on a regular basis, that's very weird. Because I sure don't and I spend a shit ton of time outside where folks are regularly riding bikes and exercising.

Reactions: Wendy79
Odd. As someone that spends at least 1.5-2 hours, sometimes more walking on bike trails 6-7 days a week, with the exception being during January and Feb, I've probably seen a total of 4 or 5 people wearing masks on the trail since I started doing it, which was Oct of 2020. That's between Cedar Rapids and Cedar Falls, so decent sized cities. Every time I would see someone w/ a mask out there I would find it odd, even during the peak of covid.

If you see people doing it on a regular basis, that's very weird. Because I sure don't and I spend a shit ton of time outside where folks are regularly riding bikes and exercising.
I see 4-5 a day in the Iowa City area. Easily.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT