ADVERTISEMENT

It will be 3 years in March

The situation reads like a manifestation of agoraphobia that is using world events as an attempt to justify the choices made.

If that were my family I would be trying to get the adults to consider counseling and a discussion with someone outside of the family.

Since my cousin, his wife, and his three kids have left the house. My Uncle and Aunt (his parents) have not seen their grandkids since Thanksgiving 2019. I was talking to them a couple days ago and they mentioned my cousin and his family might be ready to leave the house by mid summer. If that all goes to plan they might allow them to visit for Thanksgiving 2023. They spoke of this like it was normal behavior and now I'm the asshole of the family for suggesting my cousin should be locked up child abuse. My dad called today and told me I really hurt some feelings and should probobly apologize. /csb
Pointing out the ridiculousness of not leaving the house for 3 years does not make you an asshole. You deserve an award. If people are not willing to acknowledge their incredible stupidity, someone has to step in.

Reactions: 3boysmom
What about school for the kids?

my-cousin.gif

There are a surprising number of people on Twitter who claim similar extreme caution or behavior and anger toward everyone else who is back to real life. I never know whether it is true or they are just being performative.

There are a surprising number of people on Twitter who claim similar extreme caution or behavior and anger toward everyone else who is back to real life. I never know whether it is true or they are just being performative.
They are serious. We've got a few of them here.

No health issues. They arent social people so this probably doesn't even bother them. The kids should turn out pretty normal.
Those kids are F'ed. They'll be socially awkward and have all sorts of weird mental issues. Your cousin is a moron.

Since my cousin, his wife, and his three kids have left the house. My Uncle and Aunt (his parents) have not seen their grandkids since Thanksgiving 2019. I was talking to them a couple days ago and they mentioned my cousin and his family might be ready to leave the house by mid summer. If that all goes to plan they might allow them to visit for Thanksgiving 2023. They spoke of this like it was normal behavior and now I'm the asshole of the family for suggesting my cousin should be locked up child abuse. My dad called today and told me I really hurt some feelings and should probobly apologize. /csb
seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif

Reactions: artradley
Tha
They zoom with them a lot. Obviously they would like to see them in person, but are respecting their wishes. My aunt and uncle offered to fly there and talk with them through the door or window, just to see them in person, but that was shot down. Thought it would be too confusing and hard on the kids. Apparently being locked in the house for 3 years isn't.
So seeing other people they don’t know out living a life isn’t confusing to the kids?

This is the one Covid thread that Joe, Riley and Kenneth steer clear from, since they are the kind of people who caused what has happened to this poor family.

This is the one Covid thread that Joe, Riley and Kenneth steer clear from, since they are the kind of people who caused what has happened to this poor family.

Odd post since you clearly saw my response. But it’s probably easier to just pretend.

It's a miracle. My Aunt and Uncle get to spend Easter with their kids/grandkids. Few stipulations like no contact, no entering the house, mask up, shot clock on length of stay, but they get to see their grandkids in person for the 1st time in 3 years on Saturday.

It's a miracle. My Aunt and Uncle get to spend Easter with their kids/grandkids. Few stipulations like no contact, no entering the house, mask up, shot clock on length of stay, but they get to see their grandkids in person for the 1st time in 3 years on Saturday.
Just ****ing insane.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Well, I'm glad Riley will finally be able to see his grandkids I guess.

These are your stipulations?

These are your stipulations?
Those are the stipulations my cousin has in place for my aunt and uncle to come visit.
So the visit is done outdoors? And what happens when one of them has to use the bathroom? They pop a squat behind a bush?
Sounds like they get to stay for like an hour and a half. So shit before ya head over I guess.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT