ADVERTISEMENT

It will be 3 years in March

Derekd3408

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2011
Since my cousin, his wife, and his three kids have left the house. My Uncle and Aunt (his parents) have not seen their grandkids since Thanksgiving 2019. I was talking to them a couple days ago and they mentioned my cousin and his family might be ready to leave the house by mid summer. If that all goes to plan they might allow them to visit for Thanksgiving 2023. They spoke of this like it was normal behavior and now I'm the asshole of the family for suggesting my cousin should be locked up child abuse. My dad called today and told me I really hurt some feelings and should probobly apologize. /csb

Since my cousin, his wife, and his three kids have left the house. My Uncle and Aunt (his parents) have not seen their grandkids since Thanksgiving 2019. I was talking to them a couple days ago and they mentioned my cousin and his family might be ready to leave the house by mid summer. If that all goes to plan they might allow them to visit for Thanksgiving 2023. They spoke of this like it was normal behavior and now I'm the asshole of the family for suggesting my cousin should be locked up child abuse. My dad called today and told me I really hurt some feelings and should probobly apologize. /csb
I'm not following...sorry. Your cousin and his family moved out of his parents (your aunt and uncle's) house? Or was it your house? To go where? And they haven't been seen since? What house are they ready to move out of this summer? And who is - maybe - allowing who to visit? Why would any of this constitute child abuse?

Maybe I'm missing something but this story is confusing.

Wow that had to have been the worst 3 years ever. I myself am a home body but good god that’s ridiculous and I agree that seems like some sort of child abuse

I'm not following...sorry. Your cousin and his family moved out of his parents (your aunt and uncle's) house? Or was it your house? To go where? And they haven't been seen since? What house are they ready to move out of this summer? And who is - maybe - allowing who to visit? Why would any of this constitute child abuse?

My cousin and his family have not left the house they live in in almost 3 years.

I get stir crazy if I haven't left the house in three days. Three years is simply unimaginable.

Do they still talk to your aunt & uncle or are they completely cut off?
They zoom with them a lot. Obviously they would like to see them in person, but are respecting their wishes. My aunt and uncle offered to fly there and talk with them through the door or window, just to see them in person, but that was shot down. Thought it would be too confusing and hard on the kids. Apparently being locked in the house for 3 years isn't.

Hell, our best friends have a niece who's married to a sack of crap. 'Course she's a sack of crap, too. Neither works and they live in a tent. In Florida. With SIX kids. The youngest was born this past year and none have any vaccinations or ever go to a doctor.

Did I mention they live in a tent?

That's child abuse.

Tell them we will all wear masks for them.

Hell, our best friends have a niece who's married to a sack of crap. 'Course she's a sack of crap, too. Neither works and they live in a tent. In Florida. With SIX kids. The youngest was born this past year and none have any vaccinations or ever go to a doctor.

Did I mention they live in a tent?
5.jpg

Reactions: fsu1jreed

The Naked City has a million stories. This is but one of them...... ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT