ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***Jack Campbell commits to Iowa***

Apr 8, 2003
Campbell headed to Iowa

apxd4xxmaw0vsvvzzl8b

Cedar Falls linebacker Jack Campbell committed to the Iowa Hawkeyes today.

Blair Sanderson • HawkeyeReport.com
@BlairRIVALS

Cedar Falls linebacker Jack Campbell is headed to the University of Iowa. Today, the 6-foot-4, 210-pound Campbell announced his verbal commitment to the Hawkeyes, choosing Iowa over scholarship offers from Iowa State and Minnesota.

“I just love the coaching staff there,” said Campbell. “On the schooling side, I can leave there with a very good degree and be ready for life after football, and the weight program is going to put me in the best possible position to reach my full potential on the field.”

For Campbell, who recently won a state title with the Cedar Falls basketball team, having his college decision out of the way before the end of his junior year is a big weight off his shoulders.

“It’s a relief,” said Campbell. “I definitely think that it’s the right decision and I’ve kind of felt it in my gut the whole time. It will be nice to just kind of kick back and be a normal high school student again and not have to worry about calling coaches or going on visits.”

“Also, I wanted to do it now so that this summer is all about my family,” Campbell continued. “Next year, I’ll have to report right after my senior year pretty much, so this summer I wanted to just spend time with my family and then focus on my senior year and not have any distractions.”

A three-star prospect, Campbell is the fifth commitment for the Hawkeyes in 2019 as he joins in-state prospects Ezra Miller, Tyler Endres, and Noah Fenske along with Illinois native Logan Lee in Iowa's recruiting class.

As a junior, Campbell led Cedar Falls with 111 tackles, 12 TFL, and five sacks.

See highlights from Campbell's junior year in the video below.

Downing flat said it was because of his desired major and Lazard was a legacy. I appreciate what Downing did putting school first as he apparently well knows the NFL is not his future otherwise why would you not go to Iowa? Didn't ISU lose their "big time" OL "guru"? At least Lazard went to 1 bowl game so he could stop tweeting about all the other teams playing in bowl games.

Reactions: mwhiton52 and buchs
Campbell headed to Iowa Great to have Jack on board! He is an excellent prospect with a high ceiling at either LB, or DE. Go Hawks!

apxd4xxmaw0vsvvzzl8b

@BlairRIVALS

Cedar Falls linebacker Jack Campbell is headed to the University of Iowa. Today, the 6-foot-4, 210-pound Campbell announced his verbal commitment to the Hawkeyes, choosing Iowa over scholarship offers from Iowa State and Minnesota.

“I just love the coaching staff there,” said Campbell. “On the schooling side, I can leave there with a very good degree and be ready for life after football, and the weight program is going to put me in the best possible position to reach my full potential on the field.”

For Campbell, who recently won a state title with the Cedar Falls basketball team, having his college decision out of the way before the end of his junior year is a big weight off his shoulders.

“It’s a relief,” said Campbell. “I definitely think that it’s the right decision and I’ve kind of felt it in my gut the whole time. It will be nice to just kind of kick back and be a normal high school student again and not have to worry about calling coaches or going on visits.”

“Also, I wanted to do it now so that this summer is all about my family,” Campbell continued. “Next year, I’ll have to report right after my senior year pretty much, so this summer I wanted to just spend time with my family and then focus on my senior year and not have any distractions.”

A three-star prospect, Campbell is the fifth commitment for the Hawkeyes in 2019 as he joins in-state prospects Ezra Miller, Tyler Endres, and Noah Fenske along with Illinois native Logan Lee in Iowa's recruiting class.

Why do we get a guy who has been labelled to be outstanding at his current position and immediately talk about switching positions?
I haven't said anything myself, but I think I get it.

I didn't see video of him moving well in coverage and he looks a little stiff, so I don't assume he can. We'll see, but I'd guess the extent to which he can learn to cover will determine where he plays.

I won't be shocked if he moves to DE or plays WLB.

Every guy on our team, sans one, shrunk an inch when they got measured by the U. In 2 years when he is 6'4 235ish (who seems to be a good tackler) he is going to be an outstanding MLB. Some have suggested Leo so he has to be decent in space.

Why do we get a guy who has been labelled to be outstanding at his current position and immediately talk about switching positions?
I know what you mean, but with this one, Iowa actually had Campbell play some DE at their camp last summer, which led to the offer, so it's pretty natural. He'll start out at LB though.

Taller LBs tend to have quite a bit of position flexibility. Depending on how well they move, how they physically develop, and how well the guy can cover ... those are all factors that contribute to where a guy might project the best.

Given Jack's high school production ... it seems like he has a great nose for the ball. High school guys often are shaky in coverage until they learn it better on the higher level ... I'm willing to bet that he'll get a great look at LB. Regardless ... Iowa is excellent at developing players at LB, TE, or DE ... so it's a win-win situation for both Jack and the Hawks!

Campbell headed to Iowa

apxd4xxmaw0vsvvzzl8b

@BlairRIVALS

Congrats to the Hawks. Hope the kid has a long and successful career.

The thread about Jack on CF is incredible. It devolved into a discussion about how Doyle is not a good strength coach and no one in the industry respects him, only Hok fans. I hate this board sometimes, but that place is a constant fvcking cesspool. Jesus.

At 6' 4" 210lbs he's way light. Given another year of high school natural kid growth and then some prime time Doyleization and you have a 6"4" 275 lbs lean and mean defensive end.

The thread about Jack on CF is incredible. It devolved into a discussion about how Doyle is not a good strength coach and no one in the industry respects him, only Hok fans. I hate this board sometimes, but that place is a constant fvcking cesspool. Jesus.

Wow...I thought you were maybe slightly exaggerating but the thread is actually worse than imagined. Holy shit..some of those losers are so blinded by hate that they have zero objectivity.

Reactions: bojihawk44
Lil bro has a serious case of penis envy. In all sports, the bitterness just oozes.
The fact that the announcers called ISU the Hawkeyes in their bowl game was hilarious.
Decades of being irrelevant in football does create a very real sense of inadequacy.

Lil bro has a serious case of penis envy. In all sports, the bitterness just oozes.
The fact that the announcers called ISU the Hawkeyes in their bowl game was hilarious.
Decades of being irrelevant in football does create a very real sense of inadequacy.

thinks Iowa is relevant!

I keep asking how and I get Capital One Bowls.........LMAO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT