ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Mac

BVHawkeye

HR Legend
Jan 6, 2003
Saw a Facebook post that Jack put on a show but west lost 72-71 to Linn Marr. Anyone go? How many points?

Jack has a long way to go. Isn't West's record 7=6, or something like that? They are not a loaded team like they usually are, but have one pretty good guard. Saw West play at Dubuque Wahlert, which was without its leading scorer and West got down 18-2 in the first quarter and lost to a team with a losing record by 11 points. Jack had 10 in that game that Fran and Margaret were watching. He's about a year behind Patrick at the same age, I'd say, having seen all the McCafferys play multiple times. Nice shot, but not a very aggressive player at his young sophomore age. He is 6-8. He could improve dramatically in the next two years if he gets more aggressive. Linn Mar is not having a particularly successful year either, at 5-7. Way too much parity all over, except for a couple 4A powerhouses in Des Moines area and at CR Kennedy. The Varsity Bound site on the web has all the stats on every player and team in the state. An amazing high school sports site. Iowa City West is ranked on Jan. 21 in the state 4A power ratings at #29 out of Iowa's largest 48 teams. The computer power ratings change almost every day as various teams win or lose against strong or weak teams.

Last edited:
Jack has a long way to go. Isn't West's record 7=6, or something like that? They are not a loaded team like they usually are, but have one pretty good guard. Saw West play at Dubuque Wahlert, which was without its leading scorer and West got down 18-2 in the first quarter and lost to a team with a losing record by 11 points. Jack had 10 in that game that Fran and Margaret were watching. He's about a year behind Patrick at the same age, I'd say, having seen all the McCafferys play multiple times. Nice shot, but not a very aggressive player at his young sophomore age. He is 6-8. He could improve dramatically in the next two years if he gets more aggressive. Linn Mar is not having a particularly successful year either, at 5-7. Way too much parity all over, except for a couple 4A powerhouses in Des Moines area and at CR Kennedy. The Varsity Bound site on the web has all the stats on every player and team in the state. An amazing high school sports site. Iowa City West is ranked on Jan. 21 in the state 4A power ratings at #29 out of Iowa's largest 48 teams. The computer power ratings change almost every day as various teams win or lose against strong or weak teams.

I really wish some of the guys that live in the Liberty boundaries stayed there. I think Liberty would be pretty solid with two players that do almost all the scoring for West. The complementary players at Liberty are head and shoulders better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT