ADVERTISEMENT

*****January 6th committee public hearings thread*****UPDATE: Transcripts released

I get it. You're trolling the diehards.

Enjoy.
It's not even trolling. Its being the guy who was told we were going to go look at a dead body and getting there and finding a ****ing bag of fluff.

We are 17 months post event, we have spent billions of dollars, where is the smoking gun Adam? You are so ****ing hell bent on taking Trump down... where is the o shit moment? I thought it was going to be the way he asked them to cheat to find the votes, it isn't. It's a made for TV docuseries to.keep everyone that every got picked on or bullied engaged in thinking they were going to beat up the bully because they never had the balls to walk up and jack him themselves. It's nothing but emotion.

• Haha
Reactions: IAHawk2011
Damn, binsfield and whiskey setting deflection records in the thread
Skepticism is healthy ("prove it"). Blind allegiance and reflexive defense of the indefensible is not, espcially in light of everwhelming evidence ("so what", they are lying" or any variation of indfference or denial)

This atitude represents the potential land mine awaiting prosecutors putting Donald Trump on trial before a jury. The evidence may be overwhelming and the arguments for conviction exceptionally strong but one juror can violate his/her oath and simply ignore or deny all of it and vote to acquit.

...speaking of oaths, is there any poster here who would not agree that Donald Trump failed to updhold his sworn oath to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States"?

The peculiar thing is that the Rs who are testifying say that Trump is guilty but those that claim that Trump is innocent refuse to testify.

Odd that.
Guilty of what? Asking him to use an obscure law? I agree they could probably go after him foe taking to long to pass it over in the face of facts he had lost but is that what we are hear for?

Skepticism is healthy ("prove it"). Blind allegiance and reflexive defense of the indefensible is not, espcially in light of everwhelming evidence ("so what", they are lying" or any variation of indfference or denial)

This atitude represents the potential land mine awaiting prosecutors putting Donald Trump on trial before a jury. The evidence may be overwhelming and the arguments for conviction exceptionally strong but one juror can violate his/her oath and simply ignore or deny all of it and vote to acquit.

...speaking of oaths, is there any poster here who would not agree that Donald Trump failed to updhold his sworn oath to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States"?
That's what they need to go after, he did not uphold his oath. That isn't "he incited a riot on the capitol"

It's not even trolling. Its being the guy who was told we were going to go look at a dead body and getting there and finding a ****ing bag of fluff.

We are 17 months post event, we have spent billions of dollars, where is the smoking gun Adam? You are so ****ing hell bent on taking Trump down... where is the o shit moment? I thought it was going to be the way he asked them to cheat to find the votes, it isn't. It's a made for TV docuseries to.keep everyone that every got picked on or bullied engaged in thinking they were going to beat up the bully because they never had the balls to walk up and jack him themselves. It's nothing but emotion.
Just to indulge my curiosity, are you speaking from a strictly legal perspective, in terms of its lack of prosecution merits, or are you actually defending Trump?

That's what they need to go after, he did not uphold his oath
I take it you agree that Trump violated his oath of office and failed to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

If so, what specific conduct or act would you offer as proof?

When do we get to the part where they show what Trump did to incite a riot?

This is called "attack on the capitol" not "Trump is a sore loser and called people to bitch".

We all know Trump fought thr numbers, it was annoying, thats not why we are here.
This is how many of us know you are just a troll. I have never ignored you before because I think you bring some good points but I have grown tired of your trolling. I consider myself a reasonable person who has served my country to protect our freedoms. What the most powerful man in the world has done to our country is alarming and I never thought it could happen. Now I understand how it happens, he just needs guys like you. No amount of evidence or testimony will change your opinion. You get to maintain your opinion and I get to ignore your posts. Win/Win.

I take it you agree that Trump violated his oath of office and failed to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

If so, what specific conduct or act would you offer as proof?
The timeliness of the transition of power. He acted withen his rights for awhile and then was told no several times. Even then I said he needed to concede.

This is how many of us know you are just a troll. I have never ignored you before because I think you bring some good points but I have grown tired of your trolling. I consider myself a reasonable person who has served my country to protect our freedoms. What the most powerful man in the world has done to our country is alarming and I never thought it could happen. Now I understand how it happens, he just needs guys like you. No amount of evidence or testimony will change your opinion. You get to maintain your opinion and I get to ignore your posts. Win/Win.
We need many more like you!

Reactions: TigerHawk33
Thanks for your service.

It isn't about if Trump was an asshole, sore loser, who wanted to bully people on private phone calls. This has gone from an attempt to try him for ****ing treason to maybe... obstruction? Private phone calls can't be connected to what people knew he was saying behind the scenes to attack the capitol. It's a dog and Pony show.

Thanks for your service.

It isn't about if Trump was an asshole, sore loser, who wanted to bully people on private phone calls. This has gone from an attempt to try him for ****ing treason to maybe... obstruction? Private phone calls can't be connected to what people knew he was saying behind the scenes to attack the capitol. It's a dog and Pony show.
Have any charges been filed? You just make shit up.

The SCOTUS is already stacked and is dismantling decades and centuries of precedence and separation of church and state AGAINST what the majority wants. Fraud SCOTUS trash appointed by GOP Presidents who lost the popular vote. Disgraceful..
Ok

Exactly. The DOJ hasn't made any decision and that's is the only thing that matters. You are spouting media opinion stuff.
O this is gonna be good, please go for the media talking points angle against a guy who doesn't watch any news network and just gave a damn near play by play as he was watching and reacting in live time while every butt**** that spams twitter on this board didn't say a word and waited foe their talking points.

O this is gonna be good, please go for the media talking points angle against a guy who doesn't watch any news network and just gave a damn near play by play as he was watching and reacting in live time while every butt**** that spams twitter on this board didn't say a word and waited foe their talking points.
Wow. What is wrong with you? Write yourself a prescription.

The timeliness of the transition of power. He acted withen his rights for awhile and then was told no several times. Even then I said he needed to concede.
So I understand, it your opinion that Trump violated the Article II presidential oath because he refused to concede election defeat?

Is that it? Nothing else you can point to presented at the hearings so far?

So I understand, it your opinion that Trump violated the Article II presidential oath because he refused to concede election defeat?

Is that it? Nothing else you can point to presented at the hearings so far?
So far the only thing that can be directly linked to Trump, that I have watched, which is day 1 and today, is the transition. Trump doesn't go to.jail for Steve Bannon being an asshole. Trump doesn't go to jail for Rudy G asking the guy from Arizona to enact an obscure law. Trump doesn't go to jail for "fight like hell" because in a real court that quote actually starts "let's all peacefully walk to the capitol"..

Ya had 17 months and a blank check, where is the smoking gun? I thought it was going to be something like "we only need 11k votes, you know where to find those right? Dont come back until you found 11k votes".

It wasn't.

I support stronger gun control measures which I’d get with the D’s.

…..nothing earth shattering that “needs” be passed at the moment with the exception of the electoral count act reform bill….
So abortion - status quo instead of striking it down as the republicans want. That's a Dem position. You want the ACA to remain rather than being repealed. Another Dem position. What parts of the infrastructure bill do you support? The BBB? What are your thoughts on wealth inequality - status quo? Climate change? Public school funding/charter schools?

Reactions: Tom Paris
Ya had 17 months and a blank check, where is the smoking gun? I thought it was going to be something like "we only need 11k votes, you know where to find those right? Dont come back until you found 11k votes".

It wasn't.
I don't know quite how to politely respond to this.

Your characterization of the GA call:

"we only need 11k votes, you know where to find those right? Dont come back until you found 11k votes"

is pretty spot on except for "dont come back part" (instead, told Raffensperber that he could be criminally prosecuted unless he acts to find votes).

So, you don't consider Trump's demand to "find votes", coupled with the a threat of criiminal prosecution if he doesn't, to be illegal election interference?

Sorry bud, you have dug yourself into a hole and are defending the indefensible.

I don't know quite how to politely respond to this.

Your characterization of the GA call:

"we only need 11k votes, you know where to find those right? Dont come back until you found 11k votes"

is pretty spot on except for "dont come back part" (instead, told Raffensperber that he could be criminally prosecuted unless he acts to find votes).

So, you don't consider Trump's demand to "find votes", coupled with the a threat of criiminal prosecution if he doesn't, to be illegal election interference?

Sorry bud, you have dug yourself into a hole and are defending the indefensible.
He will NEVER admit he is wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT