ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Jordan Questioning Merrick Garland right now.

No. Because I voted for more republican Presidential candidates that Democratic before Trump. I've been extremely Independent throughout my voting eligibility. On the other hand, you are an ignorant rube. One who states, very clearly, advocate of issues that Democrats advocate yet you still support right wingers.

It's fun watching you get exposed. But only in the intellectual sense - no one wants to see that.
Oh - okay.
I’m glad I gave YOU the opportunity to use big words and a somewhat complex sentence structure. It must be exciting to go beyond your usual posts…you know, the old Riley standby: 🤣
On the other hand, “🤣” usually makes more sense - coming from you.

If you’ll re-read my post I don’t really disagree but the waste that we allow to just roll over every year is huge! Truly go after that and then see how much more we need to add to redirected funds to get things done that we probably agree on.

Oh, I had a long ass post about any number of spending areas that IMO are necessary and would benefit us collectively. Didn't feel like posting, but.....<had it saved on a different tab>, but since you continued the chat..... :)

We have underfunded so many existing and in my mind are missing out on forward looking programs. The US rarely takes a 50 year approach to planning, esp in soclal programs, but there are some rare examples. Election cycles are much shorter so trying to convince folks to plant a tree for their kids is hard, funding programs we won't see results from for a generation is basically impossible.

Quick Examples off the top of my head, not all exhausting:
1) Restructure the corporate benefits given to multiple industries (e.g. energy) (net savings)
2) Increase spending and move prisons to be non-profit and focus more on trying to rehab (short term cost, long term savings)
3) Increase spending on education K-12 (short term cost, long term savings)
4) Get higher education to be more affordable (I'd rather not use taxes for this, but overall we benefit more from a educated population (net gain, but will cost for a long time)
5) Increase physical infrastructure (bridges, etc) (cost)
6) Increase spending in forward looking energy solutions (cost for a while)
7) Increase funding and expand NASA as well as other science and tech businesses (cost, but if allowed, they would be able to turn a profit) The future is up and away to support what we have here.
8) Social programs for people in need is woefully under funded BUT does need to be restructured to not be a lifestyle (cost)
9) New business / entrepreneur programs supported by the govt - (image if everyone had the option to start a business without the fear of going bankrupt. Hell, even Elon admits the govt support was critical for some of his current businesses and he was already a millionaire!)
10) Massive increase in spending to VA programs to deliver services Vets (and increase GI Bill benefits). (cost)
11) Pay raise to military, especially lower ranks (huge cost)
12) I would love to see a complete revamp of the US's drug rehab programs. (service = cost, but if successful, generally understood to reduce other costs). Rs hate to admit, we lost the War on Drugs decades ago.
13) if the private Health Care industry doesn't want to fix the cost issues, I have no problem with the govt fully getting into Health Care as a service to people. But they would have to function as a business (pay for itself once established, etc, etc).
14) Increased spending to fix our immigration (NOT, build a wall, but expand programs to vet and approve value added people and chase / deport overstays). Ds hate to admit it, our current immigration policies are losers. We need a revamp.
15) Reinvest and improve the SS program and stop stealing from the fund and then decrying "it doesn't pay for itself, it's just more welfare!"
16) MASSIVE review of wasteful programs at the State and Federal level. We also have too many overlaps between the 2 that should just be consolidated (net savings, but long term)

For us to be a forward looking country, private industry and govt support have to be partners IMO. But govt spending should be strategic to support the betterment of the citizens. But we can't balance the budget currently, so adding more will take more $.

Will the above happen? No, should it? Yeah likely, everyone would be better off if we resolved half of the above.

Neither was Obama, nor is Biden. But Trump is just right for the right wingers.
Agree about Barack Obama. Not only is he very bright he also has a reputation for being a very quick wit. One of our smartest POTUS in a hundred years.

Biden? Sorry, you should have quit while you were ahead. His picture is in a Dictionary somewhere in a couple of places:
Numbnuts
Clown
Pathological liar

Trump? He has zero sense of humor and very narrow interests and knowledge.

Oh, I had a long ass post about any number of spending areas that IMO are necessary and would benefit us collectively. Didn't feel like posting, but.....<had it saved on a different tab>, but since you continued the chat..... :)

We have underfunded so many existing and in my mind are missing out on forward looking programs. The US rarely takes a 50 year approach to planning, esp in soclal programs, but there are some rare examples. Election cycles are much shorter so trying to convince folks to plant a tree for their kids is hard, funding programs we won't see results from for a generation is basically impossible.

Quick Examples off the top of my head, not all exhausting:
1) Restructure the corporate benefits given to multiple industries (e.g. energy) (net savings)
2) Increase spending and move prisons to be non-profit and focus more on trying to rehab (short term cost, long term savings)
3) Increase spending on education K-12 (short term cost, long term savings)
4) Get higher education to be more affordable (I'd rather not use taxes for this, but overall we benefit more from a educated population (net gain, but will cost for a long time)
5) Increase physical infrastructure (bridges, etc) (cost)
6) Increase spending in forward looking energy solutions (cost for a while)
7) Increase funding and expand NASA as well as other science and tech businesses (cost, but if allowed, they would be able to turn a profit) The future is up and away to support what we have here.
8) Social programs for people in need is woefully under funded BUT does need to be restructured to not be a lifestyle (cost)
9) New business / entrepreneur programs supported by the govt - (image if everyone had the option to start a business without the fear of going bankrupt. Hell, even Elon admits the govt support was critical for some of his current businesses and he was already a millionaire!)
10) Massive increase in spending to VA programs to deliver services Vets (and increase GI Bill benefits). (cost)
11) Pay raise to military, especially lower ranks (huge cost)
12) I would love to see a complete revamp of the US's drug rehab programs. (service = cost, but if successful, generally understood to reduce other costs). Rs hate to admit, we lost the War on Drugs decades ago.
13) if the private Health Care industry doesn't want to fix the cost issues, I have no problem with the govt fully getting into Health Care as a service to people. But they would have to function as a business (pay for itself once established, etc, etc).
14) Increased spending to fix our immigration (NOT, build a wall, but expand programs to vet and approve value added people and chase / deport overstays). Ds hate to admit it, our current immigration policies are losers. We need a revamp.
15) Reinvest and improve the SS program and stop stealing from the fund and then decrying "it doesn't pay for itself, it's just more welfare!"
16) MASSIVE review of wasteful programs at the State and Federal level. We also have too many overlaps between the 2 that should just be consolidated (net savings, but long term)

For us to be a forward looking country, private industry and govt support have to be partners IMO. But govt spending should be strategic to support the betterment of the citizens. But we can't balance the budget currently, so adding more will take more $.

Will the above happen? No, should it? Yeah likely, everyone would be better off if we resolved half of the above.
Okay, I like a LOT of what you’re saying and if we had a real chat over a couple of Shirley Temples I think we could solve 90% of the country’s issues with government funding.

Oh - okay.
I’m glad I gave YOU the opportunity to use big words and a somewhat complex sentence structure. It must be exciting to go beyond your usual posts…you know, the old Riley standby: 🤣
On the other hand, “🤣” usually makes more sense - coming from you.
:rolleyes: what a failure.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Okay, I like a LOT of what you’re saying and if we had a real chat over a couple of Shirley Temples I think we could solve 90% of the country’s issues with government funding.

Put this into the 40 years old thread. The older I get, the more I appreciate that its easy to say "pull yourself up by your bootstraps", but it's hard. And so many people don't have any help, just trying to keep their head above water. IMO, thats where a great country should invest, how to help lift the folks that want to get ahead but just can't. "Short term costs to benefit the collective long term" is the core of being a fiscal conservative, but I think many only consider the short term cost and not the long term gains of social programs.

Put this into the 40 years old thread. The older I get, the more I appreciate that its easy to say "pull yourself up by your bootstraps", but it's hard. And so many people don't have any help, just trying to keep their head above water. IMO, thats where a great country should invest, how to help lift the folks that want to get ahead but just can't. "Short term costs to benefit the collective long term" is the core of being a fiscal conservative, but I think many only consider the short term cost and not the long term gains of social programs.
Well now you veer into changing social norms and how I view things in that sphere.
That convo might involve a sarsaparilla or three and a whole afternoon.

Watching Jerry Nadler be told to "pipe down" legit made me lol. Wonder if he shit his pants again after that moment. Dems do love electing geriatrics with uncontrollable bowels for some reason..

Agree about Barack Obama. Not only is he very bright he also has a reputation for being a very quick wit. One of our smartest POTUS in a hundred years.

Biden? Sorry, you should have quit while you were ahead. His picture is in a Dictionary somewhere in a couple of places:
Numbnuts
Clown
Pathological liar

JFC, try to stay on point. Your comment was about being "libby" enough for the Progressives in the party.

You, of all people on here should never be admonishing someone else's cognitive decline.

LOL - supply side economists said Bill Clinton's raising of the top tax rate would kill the economy, yet it boomed. Arthur Laffer is well named.
True! Even I said that a few times.

However, the Supply side argument calls for lower taxes AND lower spending. This is where Gingrich comes in. Congress forced upon (or negotiated with?) the Democrats a slowdown in spending growth. The result was a balance between spending and taxation and the Internet revolution.

Everyone owned Yahoo and Y2K was our foremost problem in life as we happily spent our "Peace Dividend" on debt paydown.

JFC, try to stay on point. Your comment was about being "libby" enough for the Progressives in the party.

You, of all people on here should never be admonishing someone else's cognitive decline.
It’s such a tired go-to when you have no other valid response to throw out “cognitive decline”.
How funny that you then put up Ole Joe as one of the brightest Presidents when clearly HE is in fact a poster child for “cognitive decline”.
You’re a trip, dude. Like I said, stick with the 🤣.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
True! Even I said that a few times.

However, the Supply side argument calls for lower taxes AND lower spending. This is where Gingrich comes in. Congress forced upon (or negotiated with?) the Democrats a slowdown in spending growth. The result was a balance between spending and taxation and the Internet revolution.

Everyone owned Yahoo and Y2K was our foremost problem in life as we happily spent our "Peace Dividend" on debt paydown.
Y2K was such a thing! It seems so funny and now but it was a complete wave of hysteria then.
I splurged and bought a bottle of Dom Perignon for the NYE end of the world. Drank the whole damn bottle myself (hubby was a teetotaler by then). My kids were home from college and came in from partying at 4 AM and found their Mom passed out on the couch in front of the TV with the empty bottle of DP on the floor.
I took a ton of teasing grief for years after that. But no Y2K disasters!

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Y2K was such a thing! It seems so funny and now but it was a complete wave of hysteria then.
I splurged and bought a bottle of Dom Perignon for the NYE end of the world. Drank the whole damn bottle myself (hubby was a teetotaler by then). My kids were home from college and came in from partying at 4 AM and found their Mom passed out on the couch in front of the TV with the empty bottle of DP on the floor.
My wife and I ended up at the "Pig N Whistle" on 3rd Avenue. It was nice and warm, and we were the only people at the bar watching the ball drop on TV. We had given up on being in the center of things in Times Square because it was so ungodly crowded. It was also miserably cold, but we had wanted to be at the epicenter when civilization came to an end. Instead, we went back a couple of generations to the Irish half of my roots and walked to a nearby Irish Pub.

Miraculously we survived, and instead of checking "Times Square on NYE" off on our bucket lists, we crossed it off the list for all time.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
Being a Texan...interpreted this as Dr. Pepper...

It’s such a tired go-to when you have no other valid response to throw out “cognitive decline”.
How funny that you then put up Ole Joe as one of the brightest Presidents when clearly HE is in fact a poster child for “cognitive decline”.
I didn't put Biden up as one of the brightest Presidents. Only in your addled mind did that happen.

Again, you suggesting someone else has cognitive decline issues is the epitome of irony.

Numbnuts
Clown
Pathological liar

Yes And No GIF

Watching Jerry Nadler be told to "pipe down" legit made me lol. Wonder if he shit his pants again after that moment. Dems do love electing geriatrics with uncontrollable bowels for some reason..
What else do you fantasize about?

This is why Dave is an underrated movie. Solve the budget over a couple hot dogs.
I've said this numerous times. You could take a far left person AND a far right person on here, let them sit down with some accountants, and find common ground on where our tax dollars are wasted. I always think of that movie in these discussions, "We pay how much for that?!?!" So much waste.

Might be time for a new handle, I think everyone has you on ignore (except for me).

But it's super fresh when you repeatedly use this response in Biden threads?

Ok. I was just curious as to why you're admonishing Riley for something you do on a regular basis.
Admonishing…or pushing back ???
That’s how I see it. And I know lefties aren’t used to conservatives pushing back when we’re attacked.

• Haha
Reactions: DFSNOLE
Admonishing…or pushing back ???
That’s how I see it. And I know lefties aren’t used to conservatives pushing back when we’re attacked.
Lol. You're such a hypocrite. And you couldn't even follow your own discussion. There are lots of old people to be admired in this world. You aren't one of them.

There’s little disagreement among those who worked with or knew him that he was an extremely intelligent man and in today’s atmosphere he wouldn’t be libby enough for the Progressive wing of the Democratic Party.
Well mom, who is? No one who is electable as a Democrat!
Bill Clinton was in reality a good old Ike Republican in so many ways….and that is the kind of pol that can win and rule in America. The phuquin’ Republicans are sooooo far to the right of this there is no way one could get elected AND govern. Trump would be an example of this. Today’s Dems that are “centrist” are more like the Eisenhower Republicans of my youth…to call Clinton a “liberal” just shows your ignorance…to think that a pol like DeSantis, Ramyswamy are “middle of the road” is more ignorant…someone like the ex Gov of Jersey or even Carolina have a better chance to win and govern…. But not if they spout the the current Republican MAGA right wing bullshit hate speech.

As long as you keep getting your disinformation from places like NewsMax you're always going to be on the wrong side of right.
Bet you think msnbc, Washington post, NY times, etc aren't disinformation/propaganda rags, don't you? If so don't waste your breath lecturing me from any sort of high ground, you're just going to get laughed at for your absurdity.

Bet you think msnbc, Washington post, NY times, etc aren't disinformation/propaganda rags, don't you? If so don't waste your breath lecturing me from any sort of high ground, you're just going to get laughed at for your absurdity.
I don't watch them so I guess you're wrong again. Keep trying.

Reactions: RileyHawk
At least the news sources you mention with disdain have the courage to call the Insurrection of 1/6 what it was...at least they trust what I saw with my eyes and heard with my ears was the truth....and unlike you and your anti-American friends, they are not telling me I really didn’t witness that day.

At least the news sources you mention with disdain have the courage to call the Insurrection of 1/6 what it was...at least they trust what I saw with my eyes and heard with my ears was the truth....and unlike you and your anti-American friends, they are not telling me I really didn’t witness that day.
They have the courage to lie? Real brave...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT