ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy Sullivan - 3 star QB landed

So the clones get the #34 rated QB in the country recruited by Minnesota, K State, Pitt, Texas A&M, Wisconsin, Mizzou and Nebraska and we get a kid who hit 54% of his passes and was recruited by Akron, Ball State, Central Michigan and Illinois.
Our standards are much higher than those other teams....We turn walk ons into NFL players!!!

It is the Brock Purdy effect. ISU likes to sling the ball around and sometimes they have to which can lead to gaudy passing stats. But besides Purdy most all of there starting QBs of the last 15-20 years were average, I would say CJB and Nate Stanley were two pretty darn good qbs and better than most ISU qbs.
Sage Rosefels and Seneca Wallace we’re also better than CJB and Stanley.

• Haha
Reactions: herkhatescy
One of these is Nate Stanley and one is another popular Iowa QB from the past (career stats):

QB1

Yardage: 8,297 yards passing; 58.3 % completion; 68 TDs; 23 INTs; 7.2 Y/A.

QB2

Yardage: 7,377 yards passing; 59.8% completion; 56 TDs; 31 INTs; 8.1 Y/A.
🤷🏼‍♂️

I watched every game in which Nate QB’d for us
(Like the majority here did) and he was only good by our standards as Iowa football fans.

He was a giant statue that threw for a nice amount of touchdowns but overthrew even more wide open receivers. Little ability to use the legs. Never eclipsed the 60% completion rate.
Stanley was a good QB. Would like to see more mobility but he never lost to the clones or debby and beat Boston College, a damm good Mississippi State team and USC in Bowl games . So yeah, pretty damm good. I think Tim Lester will be a good fit with a healthy Cade McNamara next season. Go Hawks !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT