ADVERTISEMENT

Jirehl Brock Not Visiting IC

I cant link i use a smart phone. I thought everybody knew this. It is common knowledge. You dont know much about our history. Maybe you are pretty young. And that is ok. I go back to evy days lol
I am away from home cargiving for the 85 and up. So i just use a smart phone right now. Anyway you have a good day.
lol

I know if I had the choice, I would definitely pick someplace like Northwestern or Stanford.
Military training can also be very good. I was a flight simulator operator and repairmen in the airforce. That helped me to become an engineer later in life. Much cheaper that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: scotthawk1964
The new northwestern pray

Military training can also be very good. I was a flight simulator operator and repairmen in the airforce. That helped to become an engineer later in life. Much cheaper that way.
GI bill?

I do feel like I'm winning all of them.

images

No it was 1972 and i joined to avoid the draft. One of my dads best friends was a pilot. And another was an electronics guru. So they were teaching me all my life. When i convinced the military to test me at age 19 i tested off the charts. They sent me to lots and lots of schools. I think they thought i had an IQ much higher than i actually had. I was just lucky to attend a technical high school. Get a fcc radio telephone licsense at 17. A big deal back in 1972. That is not such a big deal today. The certification is not the same today. I was just lucky to be taught by my dad and his friends at an early age. I grew up around airplanes which allowed me to test very well with the airforce. Just lucky

After awhile i was able to become a engineer and instuctor myself after my airforce days. My brain does not work quite as good today. As we can all see lol

Last edited:

No it was 1972 and i joined to avoid the draft. One of my dads best friends was a pilot. And another was an electronics guru. So they were teaching me all my life. When i convinced the military to test me at age 19 i tested off the charts. They sent me to lots and lots of schools. I think they thought i had IQ much higher than i actually had. I was just lucky attend a technical high school. Get a fcc radio telephone licsense at 17. A big deal back in 1972. That is not such a big deal today. The certification is not the same today. I was just lucky to be taught by my dad and his friends at an early age. I grew up around airplanes which allowed me to test very well with the airforce. Just lucky
My brother went in the Navy in 76 and became an AT. He went on to be an engineer as well. He took advantage of the GI Bill

Reactions: DEREKoh2
I know a kid who, several years ago, was told by a power 5 conference school that they were interested in him as an RB. They actually gave him a list of five RBs they were recruiting...he was No. 5. They told him they were taking two RBs in the class, and he would get a scholarship offer if the higher rated players passed. As it turned out, the No. 2 and 4 kids accepted offers, and so the No. 5 kid was out of luck with that school.

He ended up at another school where he was converted to strong safety, injured a knee returning punts in practice, and that ended his career.

Just thought I'd pass it along as more context for the world of recruiting.

My brother went in the Navy in 76 and became an AT. He went on to be an engineer as well. He took advantage of the GI Bill

Wow that is great to i have worked with some of our navy trained people. They get excellent training also.

Ah check again mich and neb find ways to get around that so it is a big deal. Programs get in trouble all the time. Hell even isu got an extra year for kempt. It is becoming a trend. Your not paying attention to what is going on hope you keep your money out of the stock market. Not real good at seeing trends lol. Sorry

You'd crap your pants if you saw my portfolio. Sorry.

I forgot to ask. Is it a big deal if Brock goes to Minnesota?

And will his talent level drop significantly the day he does?

No i would be happy to see him at minnesota and no his talent would not drop. My brother lives in coon rapids and i lived in st louis park for couple of years. Really nice people great city. Do you remember coach jim wacker ??

So let me get this straight.

You have Brock on campus 6 times and then Ferentz tells him there is no room.

And here I thought Fleck was supposed to be the douche!
So he has had 6 chances to commit and didn't any of those times?
How many times should a team wait?
Should KF not allow another player to commit that wants to commit?

Hmmm, that's not what you say to others.
Interesting......
Wut? (You lost me). Maybe you could be so kind as to provide an example. I will help you and say you can use the search to find all of my post. I would say the closest thing to calling someone a troll was when I said to Harb, " me thinks poster X might be a troll". That poster now has a gopher for his avatar and has discussed some very odd things on the board and could in fact be a troll.

Last edited:

Bingo. The Douchie thing to do is pressure the hell out of a kid with over-the-top hype the moment he walks on campus rather than let him think things through...ala Boatie.

He is the Gopher version of Kilroy , just pat Him on the head and tell Him He is special .

Reactions: reotto
Sounds like Brock will commit to Iowa State. I still don’t agree with the staff backing off Brock- he is the type of talent that you take if you can get, and figure out the scholarship situation later.

Reactions: thecarls
Sounds like Brock will commit to Iowa State. I still don’t agree with the staff backing off Brock- he is the type of talent that you take if you can get, and figure out the scholarship situation later.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion on this, but I think we can all agree that it’s better that these decisions are made by the Iowa coaching staff and not random message board dudes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT