ADVERTISEMENT

Jirehl Brock Not Visiting IC

Brock did not like the new RB's coming in and felt that immediate playing time would be limited. One of his asst coaches in HS is a friend, guess it's kinda all over town.

College football is a numbers game, PERIOD. We have people on our roster from Wisconsin that they would love to have, but did not have the numbers to take. It's a first come first serve business, unless your a dousche coach and will pull your offer because now they have the chance at a better kid. The truth is, Brock could have committed anytime in the past year. He didn't, possible two other good RB's did and thus his spot is gone. I wouldn't place blame on the coaching staff if this is the case.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
No I'm not. One will be the other out. The one who loses will transfer. I have no idea which one. Oh you are a QB scout now? Good to know.
Are you a mind reader now with the transfer talk? Exactly. You are guessing Mansell to be the loser because if a true freshman transfers we would still have an extra year and you know it. Now watch Mansells video and padillas.

So let me get this straight.

You have Brock on campus 6 times and then Ferentz tells him there is no room.

And here I thought Fleck was supposed to be the douche!
I'm sure we gave them every chance to come in and French tells everybody that if you don't commit they're going to keep looking

Are you a mind reader now with the transfer talk? Exactly. You are guessing Mansell to be the loser because if a true freshman transfers we would still have an extra year and you know it. Now watch Mansells video and padillas.

I am not guessing Mansell will be the loser. You are the one saying that I am saying that. I have watched them. They both complete all their passes. Both look fine to me.

Reactions: scotthawk1964

I'm sure we gave them every chance to come in and French tells everybody that if you don't commit they're going to keep looking
sorry I used audio text and I don't have time to go back and edit

I am not guessing Mansell will be the loser. You are the one saying that I am saying that. I have watched them. They both complete all their passes. Both look fine to me.
Mansell is dangerous in the open field running the ball. Padialla is not. If mansell beats out petras ot is not a given Petras leaves.

Best case is that Petras redshirts. That way Stanley has the next two years (Should he choose to use them) and we have a good QB battle between Mansell and Petras a couple years down the road. If the loser chooses to leave, then we'll all be glad we signed Padilla. Brock, he is a kid we would love to have, but I am sure the coaching staff has done plenty of homework on Goodson, Brock and the kid transferring in. I trust the coaches opinions since these are the people who have seen and spoken to the young lads. Lets not forget, we still have Young, IKMartin, Geil and several other horses in the stable. Will it hurt to lose Brock, if indeed we are moving on from him? Time will tell, but we don't know the complete story behind Brock either. Lets not forget that people were sh**ting bricks around here when Oliver Martin went with the Fighting Harbaughs, and so far he hasn't sniffed the field and doesn't look like he will for some time. He would have sniffed it much earlier at Iowa, but he will have to live with his decision. Maybe Brock should have committed when he knew Iowa had the Juco kid and was in on Goodson. He waited, he lost.

Reactions: reotto

It is a business moron. Kids are getting recruited over everyday. I would rather have a coach tell you the truth than not...but be Elite right?

Best case is that Petras redshirts. That way Stanley has the next two years (Should he choose to use them) and we have a good QB battle between Mansell and Petras a couple years down the road. If the loser chooses to leave, then we'll all be glad we signed Padilla. Brock, he is a kid we would love to have, but I am sure the coaching staff has done plenty of homework on Goodson, Brock and the kid transferring in. I trust the coaches opinions since these are the people who have seen and spoken to the young lads. Lets not forget, we still have Young, IKMartin, Geil and several other horses in the stable. Will it hurt to lose Brock, if indeed we are moving on from him? Time will tell, but we don't know the complete story behind Brock either. Lets not forget that people were sh**ting bricks around here when Oliver Martin went with the Fighting Harbaughs, and so far he hasn't sniffed the field and doesn't look like he will for some time. He would have sniffed it much earlier at Iowa, but he will have to live with his decision. Maybe Brock should have committed when he knew Iowa had the Juco kid and was in on Goodson. He waited, he lost.

Yes so much is unknown here. It doesn't mean the coaches are idiots or that the player (Brock) is doing anything wrong in letting his recruitment play out.

I am going to hope the staff found something about Brock they didn't like. To pull his official because he hasn't committed after all his visits would be petty and foolish. They can pay for 56-I have a really hard time believing they are going to turn away a potential game-changer because they "wasted" one on Brock.
I agree that Goodson is a terrific-looking prospect. I also know he isn't a sure thing to be here next year whether he commits in a couple weeks or not. Iowa will end up taking around 20 kids before it is all said and done. There is no way in hell they couldn't use a scholarship on a second RB of the caliber of Brock. He is a very rare talent for being this close to Iowa City.
I am REALLY hoping they learned something about JB we don't know.

It is a business moron. Kids are getting recruited over everyday. I would rather have a coach tell you the truth than not...but be Elite right?

Fleck is recruiting kids everyday too.

He is also telling the truth.

I keep hearing that Fleck is not recruiting correctly. He puts pressure on kids or someone else will take your spot. So in essence, they have their chance to commit, and if they don't, a Brock situation occur.

I'm trying for one of you geniuses to tell me what it is exactly that Fleck is doing wrong. It will be CRICKETS!

Reading through the lines a little....it sounds like Brock was openly disappointed about the 2 other backs coming in. The Hawkeye staff may have seen this as a "me first" move and decided that the remaining spots would be better used on "team first" players.

We are a team in desperate need of offensive weapons, position be dammed, the win over replacement for brock was much higher than Padilla. We can get a guy with Padillas skills most years. That is not the case for Brock.
Your uneducated, non-credible opinion on Padillas means nothing to us...you realize that, right?

I forgot to ask. Is it a big deal if Brock goes to Minnesota?

And will his talent level drop significantly the day he does?

I forgot to ask. Is it a big deal if Brock goes to Minnesota?

And will his talent level drop significantly the day he does?
You should be happy with the developments as Iowa was considered probably the betters favorite to land Him. If He goes and plays for the SS Minnow and its fearless Captain I hope He has an injury free career.

Gotta admit I'm bummed he is not visiting as I thought he was a likely commit, but i don't know all the information. Hopefully they find some room for him

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Fleck is recruiting kids everyday too.

He is also telling the truth.

I keep hearing that Fleck is not recruiting correctly. He puts pressure on kids or someone else will take your spot. So in essence, they have their chance to commit, and if they don't, a Brock situation occur.

I'm trying for one of you geniuses to tell me what it is exactly that Fleck is doing wrong. It will be CRICKETS!
The only crickets around here are in your brain, because there's such little activity going on there. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: bloodredd
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT