ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Toussaint Back in Transfer Portal

Joe committed to Texas Tech.

Fardaws Aimaq transferred to Cal., in case anybody was wondering if they were going to play together.

Last edited:
Reactions: WestCoastHawkI
Good god man, this isn’t that hard. 100% of all hawk fans would be ecstatic if Harding comes in and sets the world on fire. At this point in time we have a guy who looked very unsure of himself last year and an incoming Frosh who looks to be very talented and heady but a little on the small side. Big Ten probably the most physical conference around. Bowen was on the smallish side last year and struggled. So yes, a lot of people are assuming Harding might take awhile to adjust. Not any kind of conspiracy theory I see. Harding seems to be an overachiever. We need him to be. That’s all.
I agree with everything you said until you got to "overachiever". Talent is talent and he's got it. But yes, I'm sure he will need a little time to get his body adjusted to a more physical game.

as far as Harding is concerned its not like he is coming from a class A level school and never played a higher level of competition. Harding played against the highest level in Illinois. against this level he was named Illinois Mr. BB and was named Illinois POY. that was against some very stiff competition. there is a number of Illinois players that go on to play in the BT. some even go to play at schools like Duke, UNC to mention non BT schools.

if that is not good enough to judge how a player will do at IA then I have no IDEA what will.
MSU signed Jeremy Fears a PG that Hardy played against this past fall, not only did he beat him head to head but Harding was picked ahead of Fears for these 2 top awards, yet Fears for some reason is ranked #27 by ESPN and #38 by Rivals, I will refrain from posting my thoughts on why.

I agree with everything you said until you got to "overachiever". Talent is talent and he's got it. But yes, I'm sure he will need a little time to get his body adjusted to a more physical game.
Maybe shouldn't have said "overachiever." That implies he's not talented, which he clearly is. Point was more is the thought is it normally takes awhile to get used to a more physical game at his size. Just as it did Bowen last year. He's played against the best and clearly kicked ass. All good. Now I'll wait for @karnack1955 to give me Gessell's height and weight from 10 years ago.

Reactions: ChiPackHawk
before AAU expanded I would agree but with AAU and HS now scheduling games out of state to play the best talent that they can that fear is no longer there,

their team played one of the best team last fall. their AAU team played against some of the best talent in the nation. to bad Rivals does/did not rate them accordingly.

the same thing can be said about Koch making that U18 USA Team and yet he dropped 17 spots to fall out of their top 100. only God knows why.

Freeman didn't even make Rivals top 150
Harding didn't even make Rivals top 150
yet MSU's PG ended up rated #38th

why? you really don't want to know my opinion. on why the rankings are the way they are.

Reactions: littlez
even Sanfort barely squeezes in at #95 by Rivals but since he comitted to Iowa I no longer care, white or commit to Iowa they will drop no matter how good they are.

no I NEVER that he wouldn't be any good because he is white, I was responding to those that doubted his ability to even play. also if you had payed attention I used JBO and Gesell who are both White as examples to how good he could be.

quit twisting it to cover your ass.
The reason karnack is not banned is because he creates a lot of clicks.

Reactions: shoot_the_three
before AAU expanded I would agree but with AAU and HS now scheduling games out of state to play the best talent that they can that fear is no longer there,

their team played one of the best team last fall. their AAU team played against some of the best talent in the nation. to bad Rivals does/did not rate them accordingly.

the same thing can be said about Koch making that U18 USA Team and yet he dropped 17 spots to fall out of their top 100. only God knows why.

Freeman didn't even make Rivals top 150
Harding didn't even make Rivals top 150
yet MSU's PG ended up rated #38th

why? you really don't want to know my opinion. on why the rankings are the way they are.
recruiting rankings are a junk science. Too subjective, unclear and flimsy metrics, and like all things money probably influences certain factors.

I would say you should measure a recruit based on their offer sheets, but even that can be misleading. Some players don't have tons of offers because they commit to a team early in the process or before their game really blows up. For example: Brock Harding had a spectacular senior season after he committed to Iowa. I truly believe Harding would have had more Power 5 offers if he had waited to commit.

recruiting rankings are a junk science. Too subjective, unclear and flimsy metrics, and like all things money probably influences certain factors.

I would say you should measure a recruit based on their offer sheets, but even that can be misleading. Some players don't have tons of offers because they commit to a team early in the process or before their game really blows up. For example: Brock Harding had a spectacular senior season after he committed to Iowa. I truly believe Harding would have had more Power 5 offers if he had waited to commit.
maybe but what he did last fall he also was doing it thru out the AAU season when they had the time to evaluate him. also why is it that ESPN could give him a grade 81 4* ranking. or how about Freeman who got a grade 80 4* ranking? funny how Dembele got his 4* ranking,

even Sanford barely made their top 100 at #94/95 ranking.

you call it what you want but to me their ranking are based solely on racism and prejudice based in who offers and who they commit to which is worse than racism.

• Haha
Reactions: shoot_the_three
Did you watch the recent NBA draft which represents the purest market assessment of BB talent in the world?
How many American born white players got drafted?
That is not racism..it is salvage your careerism ...merit only.

The reason karnack is not banned is because he creates a lot of clicks.
At one point, years ago, I thought he may have been a made up persona for that purpose. Comes around when the board is slow to create traffic for advertisers.

But unfortunately its not an act.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT