ADVERTISEMENT

Joe W. could be something special......Fran is RAVING about him!!!!

Come on you guys. Fran's history is blowing smoke up everyone's ass about his players ability. All his players. In the seasons he has been here I don't see the results that players as great as he claims produced. This is no reflection on the players and especially Joe W. who hasn't played a second for Fran at this point.
I think it is very legitimate to question Fran's comments about any of his players. Especially since 2 of them went to the pro camps to get real criticism/analysis of their skill sets.
They must not trust the staffs judgement on their game. I know a lot of players go thru the pro vetting process but I'm talking about Fran's commentary about his players great talent levels. If what he says about his players talents are true then I can only conclude we lose because of terrible coaching. Maybe I am on to something, they can't play defense.

Again these are your quotes!!! There are quite a few players that get “2nd opinions “ but Fran is called out by you!!! “All” the other coaches of the players getting evaluations must be incredibly awesome and don’t get 2nd guessed but Fran does? Seriously? Explain some more please.

Plus..... I would hate to be a freshman as Joe W. is and have my coach say “you suck and no way will help this team”.

Look at other coaches comments with incoming Freshmen!

“Come on man, get real “.

Zuma, get real. Their is a huge difference in blowing smoke about every player and a coach saying a player sucks. I've never heard of a highly compensated coach say publicly that one of his players sucked and I never implied that Fran should. I just don't think every player playing for Fran at Iowa is great per his hyperbole.

If Fran ever won anything significant what superlatives are left to explain how his players perform ?

Also, I think Joe could be a real good player for Iowa, maybe great some day, but let's give him a chance for a couple of years before we annoint him savior of the program.

He's not wrong.
Your endorsement doesn't mean as much as you think it does. After all, your usual 3 word replies don't really say much. To back up your claim, albeit a whole 3 words, please provide us a link where Fran ever made ''Lil' Lick out to be a legitimate B10 player.'' You must have an example to be so sure of yourself. And, Oh, the clown that you are defending claims ''It’s called hyperbole. If you think I was serious, you’re dumb.'' You defended him and your reward was being called dumb.

I'm typically pretty hard on Fran but I honestly don't see any hyperbole in those comments. They're entirely reasonable to me.

I think Wieskamp has a really good chance to be an impact freshman in the league. Usually our fans -- like all fans -- talk up our own players without really knowing what any other team has but if you look around the league at the 2018 class, only three teams -- Maryland, Indiana, and Illinois -- are bringing in higher rated players at the same position.

When is the last time that happened under Fran? Woody?

JW is a winner. I love his work ethic and if he's as mature as Fran seems to think, it's far from crazy to think that he will contribute significantly this year.

here is some of the accolades for Joe from last summer
NBPA Top 100 Top 10 player at their camp
NIKE Top 100 #3 SF at their camp
TOP 8 Adidas player in their AAU Circuit games
in state
2 Time Gatorade POY and Mr. BB the last player to do that was Barnes who went to UNCheats

never got a decent ranking because NONE of the Blue Bloods offered.
Blue Blood offers = higher ranking.

Fran is not blowing any smoke up anybodies arses. Joe has earned all the praise that Fran is giving him.

Reactions: Mgkcbb and ZumaHawk
point # 2 those saying that Fran can't coach don't know what they are talking about
1st Defense
the 4 years defensive adjusted Defense were at the lowest was #33 and at the highest #75 these were the years when MG and AW were the starters.

point #3 these were the players that were coached to this level
Marble unranked 3* 1st Team All BT and 2nd round NBA Pick
White unranked 3* 1st Team All BT and 2nd round NBA Pick
3* by Rivals and a 4* top 100 by ESPN Uthoff 1st Team all BT 2nd Team AA
Jok unranked 3* 1st Team All BT

this happened in 4 straight years.

Reactions: Mgkcbb and mrF6n6
point # 2 those saying that Fran can't coach don't know what they are talking about
1st Defense
the 4 years defensive adjusted Defense were at the lowest was #33 and at the highest #75 these were the years when MG and AW were the starters.

point #3 these were the players that were coached to this level
Marble unranked 3* 1st Team All BT and 2nd round NBA Pick
White unranked 3* 1st Team All BT and 2nd round NBA Pick
3* by Rivals and a 4* top 100 by ESPN Uthoff 1st Team all BT 2nd Team AA
Jok unranked 3* 1st Team All BT

this happened in 4 straight years.

Oh ****.

here is some of the accolades for Joe from last summer
NBPA Top 100 Top 10 player at their camp
NIKE Top 100 #3 SF at their camp
TOP 8 Adidas player in their AAU Circuit games
in state
2 Time Gatorade POY and Mr. BB the last player to do that was Barnes who went to UNCheats

never got a decent ranking because NONE of the Blue Bloods offered.
Blue Blood offers = higher ranking.

Fran is not blowing any smoke up anybodies arses. Joe has earned all the praise that Fran is giving him.

Please end your existence.

point #4 to keep each post short
the 4 year stretch with MG and AW they led Iowa to the 3rd best 4 year win total in the history of Iowa BB.

Fran can't coach right. its time for some of you learn something about BB.

Reactions: Mgkcbb and mrF6n6
I'm typically pretty hard on Fran but I honestly don't see any hyperbole in those comments. They're entirely reasonable to me.

I think Wieskamp has a really good chance to be an impact freshman in the league. Usually our fans -- like all fans -- talk up our own players without really knowing what any other team has but if you look around the league at the 2018 class, only three teams -- Maryland, Indiana, and Illinois -- are bringing in higher rated players at the same position.

JW is a winner. I love his work ethic and if he's as mature as Fran seems to think, it's far from crazy to think that he will contribute significantly this year.

depending on the site
Cook #38 overall and 8th best PF.
GOING by ESPN these are the 4* players now on this team
JR Bohannon just outside their top 100
RSJR Moss just outside their top 100
SO Garza top 100
RSFR Connor top 100
FR Joe top 100

2019 commit
Patrick top 50

Fran has been recruiting pretty good and the best thing this season he will have UPPER CLASSMEN to lead this team unlike last season.

Last edited:
depending on the site
Cook #38 overall and 8th best PF.
GOING by ESPN these are the 4* players now on this team
JR Bohannon just outside their top 100
RSJR Moss just outside their top 100
SO Garza top 100
RSFR Connor top 100
FR Joe top 100

2019 commit
Patrick top 50

Fran has been recruiting pretty good and the best thing this season he will have UPPER CLASSMEN to lead this team unlike last season.

This is a point often lost on people. Other than the Baer last season was entirely played without significant contribution from any upperclassmen. If Joe W starts all five starters were ESPN 4*s when recruited. As a comparison, ESPN had Jordan Bo ranked about 50 players ahead of Joe Toussaint.

Please, just stop saying Jordan was a 4 Star recruit. He's a five star shooter with 2 star skills when it comes to physicality and athletic ability.

If he was, as you say a four star recruit he would've had a laundry list of high major offers. He in fact he had no other high major offers. In fact he had very few mid major offers when Iowa offered.

His offer list was much more in line with a 2 star or low 3 star rating. In the end, real offers from coaches/schools are what determine a clearer picture on a athletes rating coming out of high school. This is why many of UNI recruits are rated as 2 or 3 star recruits.

I enjoy watching Jordan and happy he is a Hawkeye.

This!

Please, just stop saying Jordan was a 4 Star recruit. He's a five star shooter with 2 star skills when it comes to physicality and athletic ability.

If he was, as you say a four star recruit he would've had a laundry list of high major offers. He in fact he had no other high major offers. In fact he had very few mid major offers when Iowa offered.

His offer list was much more in line with a 2 star or low 3 star rating. In the end, real offers from coaches/schools are what determine a clearer picture on a athletes rating coming out of high school. This is why many of UNI recruits are rated as 2 or 3 star recruits.

The problem is people go off of ESPN Recruiting Rankings and their rankings are trash.

I would sure hope you are happy he's a Hawkeye!!!! He's one of a few players to have a 150 assists and 80 3 pointers made in the last 25 years. What an awesome "2 star"!!! Plus his sophomore year he played with some sort of "plantar something or another" not sure what it's called. He is a great Hawkeye in my mind. Could have beat Chris Street's record in free throws made in a row but had tooooo much class and respect to do that. But go ahead and beat him up all you want!!! I'm a JoBo fan if you haven't figured it out. Cheers!!!!

Reactions: mrF6n6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT