ADVERTISEMENT

John Smith video from Flo

Some nice comments about John Smith here - what the hell?

Since it's still pre dual, I figured some of you guys might like this...Trackwrestling interviewed John the other day.
About Tom, John said that after their match at the 1991 US Open, he knew Tom would be a future world champion after he retired in 1992.

Paraphrasing, he said he "felt Tom's will" in that match. Said Tom was one of the strongest guys he wrestled, but that he had "wrestled a lot of strong guys in his career where he didn't feel their will". With Tom he did.

I was actually going to post a comment about all the videos they have regarding this meet. Interviews from coaches, wrestlers, past greats like Ironside and more. Flow is the best $150 or whatever it is I spend every year.

Disclaimer: I have ZERO ties to flowrestling. Just a small town Iowa boy that loves his Hawks and all things wrestling.

Reactions: meatloaf55
I was actually going to post a comment about all the videos they have regarding this meet. Interviews from coaches, wrestlers, past greats like Ironside and more. Flow is the best $150 or whatever it is I spend every year.

Disclaimer: I have ZERO ties to flowrestling. Just a small town Iowa boy that loves his Hawks and all things wrestling.
I agree .. just signed up last week and the coverage has been excellent... I am not a Flo guy and sometimes havent liked their "takes" as it relates to Hawkeye wrestlers but their wrestling coverage is second to none. Whether someone thinks it is worth the annual fee is up to them but the coverage is great

Some nice comments about John Smith here - what the hell?

Since it's still pre dual, I figured some of you guys might like this...Trackwrestling interviewed John the other day.
About Tom, John said that after their match at the 1991 US Open, he knew Tom would be a future world champion after he retired in 1992.

Paraphrasing, he said he "felt Tom's will" in that match. Said Tom was one of the strongest guys he wrestled, but that he had "wrestled a lot of strong guys in his career where he didn't feel their will". With Tom he did.

Along the same lines is a podcast with Alan Fried on The Matboss Podcast. Tom seriously ruined this guys wrestling fun. It's defintitely worth a listen if you can get through some of the rambling. Lots of Hawk references through the eyes of the enemy.

Nice interview, JS being respectful. I didn't realize OSU had so many in-state wrestlers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT