ADVERTISEMENT

Judge calls DeSantis ban on transgender care unconstitutional

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
A federal judge blocked most of a law championed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) that strictly limited transgender health care for adults and banned it completely for children.
In his decision, U.S. District Judge Robert L. Hinkle rejected a common mantra of the DeSantis administration, saying that “gender identity is real,” and that the state cannot deny transgender individuals treatment.

“Florida has adopted a statute and rules that ban gender-affirming care for minors even when medically appropriate,” Hinkle wrote. “The ban is unconstitutional.”
The decision on a lawsuit filed by parents of transgender children and also adults was hailed by many in the LGBTQ community as a significant victory.

One of the Floridians who sued, Lucien Hamel, said the decision was a relief.
“The state has no place interfering in people’s private medical decisions, and I’m relieved that I can once again get the healthcare that I need here in Florida,” Hamel said in a statement released by the lawyers who represented him and others in the case.
DeSantis press secretary Jeremy Redfern said the state will appeal the decision.
“Under Governor Ron DeSantis, Florida will continue to fight to ensure children are not chemically or physically mutilated in the name of radical, new age ‘gender ideology,’” Redfern wrote in an email.

You shouldn't be able to make gender changes to your body until a certain age.

What that age is I'm not sure. At least 18, probably 21.

If you are 24 or so and want to turn your outie into an innie go for it.
And here i heard the cons were the small govt party, now when did that change. ' I'm watching them try to control all women's health, now gender changes to adults today. Your party is now all over the place and i don't know when its going to stop.

Abby after Trump conviction

You actually expect Republicans to care about a judgement reached with a partisan prosecutor, a conflicted judge and a jury pulled from a venue that votes for dems by a 10:1 margin? Please, go complain to your mirror.

Abby today

I'm curious, why do you feel this is an absurd statement? Didn't Biden simply just ignore the SCOTUS decision? Why can't DeSantis do it then? Either we agree to accept the legality of our actions or we don't.

So where exactly do you stand?

What other decisions do you think you should get to make for other people?
Okay with a voting age?
A drinking age?
Driving age?
Age of consent?

A child is helpless and must rely on a parent to make decisions about their body. Those parents don’t always make the best decisions for a child.
Just last week a news outlet reported that a “Mother” offered to sell her 5 year old daughter for sex. Great decision!
Parents aren’t allowed to sign away their underage daughters to a marriage.
The child should be of a certain age and make their own decision about their own body.

An adult deciding to undergo reassignment surgery has that right. Just don’t ask me to pay for it. Your body, your money,

Okay with a voting age?
A drinking age?
Driving age?
Age of consent?

A child is helpless and must rely on a parent to make decisions about their body. Those parents don’t always make the best decisions for a child.
Just last week a news outlet reported that a “Mother” offered to sell her 5 year old daughter for sex. Great decision!
Parents aren’t allowed to sign away their underage daughters to a marriage.
The child should be of a certain age and make their own decision about their own body.

An adult deciding to undergo reassignment surgery has that right. Just don’t ask me to pay for it. Your body, your money,
It's a medical decision and a sexual one. You have no right to be part of those conversations.

States like Ohio trying to interfere with adults, too. This absolutely isn't being limited to minors.

So this 31 year old person is worried they could have a period again if they couldn’t get the testosterone they need? I’m not sure I understand why they still have female organs if they call themselves a Man. But they’re an adult so it’s their decision about their internal organs.

If you think you’ve presented a gotcha example you may want to rethink that.

What other decisions do you think you should get to make for other people?
It’s well studied the human brain isn’t fully developed until into your 20’s.

You think a 15 year old should be able to make a gender change decision?
Lmao

My wife works with a man whose granddaughter wanted to become a boy. The parents were all on board. NOW, she wants to be a girl again. She is pissed they allowed her to make those decisions and took testosterone etc.

True story, don’t even try to say I made it up. I’ve told the story in the past.

Can’t wait for the replies.

Lmao

My wife works with a man whose granddaughter wanted to become a boy. The parents were all on board. NOW, she wants to be a girl again. She is pissed they allowed her to make those decisions and took testosterone etc.

True story, don’t even try to say I made it up. I’ve told the story in the past.

You don't live in Iowa, right?

Reactions: cigaretteman
I bet you were on board with mandatory vaccines. Is that a medical decision?
What mandatory vaccines? Certain jobs, establishments, schools, etc. may require vaccinations. I don't think any state has taken away anyone's choice about whether to receive a vaccine or not. Can you name a few?

Reactions: cigaretteman
What mandatory vaccines? Certain jobs, establishments, schools, etc. may require vaccinations. I don't think any state has taken away anyone's choice about whether to receive a vaccine or not. Can you name a few?
Ask the people of NY if they had a vaccine mandate

• Haha
Reactions: TC Nole OX
Ask the people of NY if they had a vaccine mandate
They were required to have a vaccine for indoor dining, indoor fitness, and indoor entertainment and certain meeting spaces. Citizens of New York were not banned from making the choice to take/not take the vaccine. There were limitations on places they could go without the vaccine, but people still could make their own medical decision about taking the vaccine.

Lmao

So you are campaigning to increase the age for gun purchases, military service, alcohol consumption, mandatory public education into the 20s, and hope to keep kids at your house longer (if you have any)? Or are you just selectively using cognitive maturity to apply to one issue?

What was partially created here was paperwork created to instill fear and doubt in those of us taking prescribed hormones/medications.

Also, if your prescribing doctor was a nurse-practitioner, they lost the ability to manage your care in lieu of an actual MD.

I had to scramble to find a doctor so I could continue with my prescribed meds.
I didn’t like it, but I also didn’t find it terribly inconveniencing, although I’m sure many did.

Boom Pound It GIF by TipsyElves.com
Smart judge, the government should have zero say in decisions about people’s bodies.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT