ADVERTISEMENT

Just how damn good our defense is

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
If you look at some of these scores like PSU vs Michigan 41-17 then look at Illinois blasting Wisconsin 34-10 Iowa holds Michigan to 27 and lose by 13 ….Iowa loses to Illinois 9-6 ….. I know it’s tough to use comparative scores but if we had a f’ing pulse on O we would definitely be 5-1 or MAYBE 6-0…. What a waste of the best defenses in college football

If you look at some of these scores like PSU vs Michigan 41-17 then look at Illinois blasting Wisconsin 34-10 Iowa holds Michigan to 27 and lose by 13 ….Iowa loses to Illinois 9-6 ….. I know it’s tough to use comparative scores but if we had a f’ing pulse on O we would definitely be 5-1 or MAYBE 6-0…. What a waste of the best defenses in college football
That's with them being on the field the whole freaking game too. How good might they be with some rest and actually being excited if the O could maybe score and capitalize on their effort?

The I-wa Defense and Special Teams have almost been detrimental In the sense that they have helped cover up the atrocious offenses The last few years. This year is exposing itself despite the excellent D because the O line and QB play are the worst in the entire country.
And you’d think going against the Iowa D every day in practice that the O would be able to do something vs opponents.

QB1 is very very important to a functioning offense. How many plays did McCarthy make for Michigan today? I lost count.

McCarthy made more plays against a top 10 opponent than Petras has made all season.

And everyone knows it’s true.
You’re just flat out wrong bud.

Not ‘everyone’ knows it’s true.😏

Last edited:
And you’d think going against the Iowa D every day in practice that the O would be able to do something vs opponents.
Do we know for a fact Iowa practices 1 v 1’s? Some coaches don’t match up the top two units…

Our #1 defense has to absolutely embarrass the offense if they do.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
How many points per possession do they give up and where does that stack up nationally? Anyone got that? As others stated in this thread the last place offense can't hold onto the ball for extended periods and the opponent gets a LOT of times per game.

Hey broski I wholeheartedly agree with you
I wasn't going to look but my curiosity wouldn't ignore it. I was able to find defensive points per play on a stats website. Iowa is second at .153 points per play. Behind Illinois at .145. It doesn't list how many games were played in the statistics so I'm not sure if today's Minnesota game is counted in that.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Iowa will find out how good their defense is this coming Saturday

I am not sure where you are coming from about "how good" since we already know it is really really good. Just holding Illinois to no TDs, holding mich to 20 pts until the late TD given to them by having to go on 4th down by the hawks, etc etc. ISU's offense is no juggernaut but holding them to 3 points until late in the game.

I think if the hawk defense gets off to a good start against OSU and not give up two early scores they can frustrate the Bucks. I have noticed coach Day get a little crazy in his play calling when they are not humming on all cylinders which leads them to some bad plays

You’re just flat out wrong bud.

Not ‘everyone’ knows it’s true.😏

Yep what do i know? I’m just the guy that saw Petras start for the first time against Purdue in Oct 2020 and wrote him off as “flipping terrible.” His first game. That was my conclusion.

Those first three games Goodson ran for 4.8, 8.1, and 7.1 YPC despite having a bad QB under center.

In 2021 I posted on this site that if we were going to stick with Petras we needed to game plan around getting the ball out of Petras’s hands and into the hands of our playmakers. Particularly to Goodson in space. Did we do that? No. We used him primarily as an everydown between the tackles back. Negating his athletic skill of agility and above average quickness.

Somehow by the end of last year the fanbase was deluded enough to believe Kirk and blame Goodson for our Offensive woes instead of QB1 and our OC.

Well now we have our answer. Goodson is on the Packers and Petras is flailing horribly to our worst season likely since 2012.

How do you homers like them apples? @HawkOn15 @cmhawks99 @Frosty7130

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Yep what do i know? I’m just the guy that saw Petras start for the first time against Purdue in Oct 2020 and wrote him off as “flipping terrible.” His first game. That was my conclusion.

Those first three games Goodson ran for 4.8, 8.1, and 7.1 YPC despite having a bad QB under center.

In 2021 I posted on this site that if we were going to stick with Petras we needed to game plan around getting the ball out of Petras’s hands and into the hands of our playmakers. Particularly to Goodson in space. Did we do that? No. We used him primarily as an everydown between the tackles back. Negating his athletic skill of agility and above average quickness.

Somehow by the end of last year the fanbase was deluded enough to believe Kirk and blame Goodson for our Offensive woes instead of QB1 and our OC.

Well now we have our answer. Goodson is on the Packers and Petras is flailing horribly to our worst season likely since 2012.

How do you homers like them apples? @HawkOn15 @cmhawks99 @Frosty7130
6 Times in a row, Fantabulously Flabbergasted

Reactions: HawkOn15
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT