ADVERTISEMENT

Just visited Minny board.

Bandwagon fans this season. They're more tolerable this year because they are finally respectable again.

When they start to struggle again, you'll see the envy that we've always seen.

Sure. Fans who can barely be troubled to show up for a top 10 team are going to spend soooo much time being envious of Iowa when they hit a skid

It’ll be intense!

Go to a game there and you will feel differently. I've had their fans scream curse words in my face. Pick fights with me and my buddies, unprovoked (before an 11 am game). I would NEVER take a young kid to an Iowa game at Minnesota.

As a group, their fans are a drunk bunch. Doesn't help that they serve alcohol at their stadium (they have done so for years).
Definitely wouldn't take my kid in the bathroom since an Iowa fan may be found bending over a fat-ass chick.

Sure. Fans who can barely be troubled to show up for a top 10 team are going to spend soooo much time being envious of Iowa when they hit a skid

It’ll be intense!
I'm referring to those sporting events involving the Gophers where a random "Who Hates Iowa" chant breaks out.

Ol' Doodle has lived in the Twin Cities for more than a quarter century and been to every Iowa game here since 1992. Doodle has tailgated right outside TCF Stadium many times and taken Little Doodle to every game over the past 13 years and never had one problem.

Just like every fan base....if you judge by the keyboard warriors you'll get a warped opinion. But in real life, the vast majority, minus a few drunken idiots of course, are good folks who just want their team to win.

Doodle has had many friends and colleagues whose kids have gone to The U (as they call it here), and most of them say the same thing..."Yeah, I really don't know for sure why we chant 'Who hates Iowa...?', especially when we're not even playing Iowa. I guess we just think it's funny."

At the end of the day, Iowa fans whine about 15 years since our last Big Ten championship and how we lost the 2016 Rose Bowl. Now try to imagine a conference championship drought of more than FIFTY years, and the last trip to Pasadena occurring with Eisenhower finishing up his last three weeks in the White House. Effing Eisenhower!!

So yeah...as much as Doodle can't stand the thought of losing to them, their "coming out of the woodwork" certainly seems more than justified this time.
I have met a few in IC who were good fun

Definitely wouldn't take my kid in the bathroom since an Iowa fan may be found bending over a fat-ass chick.

It happened more than once? The first one didn't fit that description.
Probably better use the don't go to a game at Minnesota you may be struck by your goal posts being torn down and taken out by the opposing team.

Probably better use the don't go to a game at Minnesota you may be struck by your goal posts being torn down and taken out by the opposing team.

I hope Iowa wins, but if they don’t I’ll survive. I live off I35E and assume Kinnick’s goalposts will take I35W.

Go to a game there and you will feel differently. I've had their fans scream curse words in my face. Pick fights with me and my buddies, unprovoked (before an 11 am game). I would NEVER take a young kid to an Iowa game at Minnesota.

As a group, their fans are a drunk bunch. Doesn't help that they serve alcohol at their stadium (they have done so for years).
Come on, man. Leave your wife out of this.

Where is DL65? Haven't seen him post in here for a while. Gopher fan living in Knoxville, IA I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT