ADVERTISEMENT

Kadyn Proctor explains commitment flip from Iowa to Alabama: 'I felt like I was settling'

Have to admit that this kid is just not very bright. Who would of thought that a recruit would actually implicate the schools by name that recruited him by admitting on social media that they offered illegal inducements? I suspect that tweet has been removed but the damage is done. Why am I not surprised. How do you think the Iowa coaching staff is going to respond to the Swarm collective over this? Good luck with that.

My brother has connections with some boosters and people in the Iowa athletic department and this is what he said.

Can’t verify if it true or not, but it sounds like he was staying at Iowa until Alabama offered 2 million and that was life changing money for him and his family that he couldn’t turn down
Unfortunately, all the bridge burning by KP don’t seem to support that narrative. He is basically saying that he decided he wasn’t going to Iowa for any amount of $$$.

• Haha
Reactions: NebBulliesHawkeyes
He doesn't owe it to anyone to tell them what he got paid. Are you kidding me? Look, I really wanted him and losing the top offensive tackle in the country from our home state really hurts but let's quit acting like kids about this. He's gone. It would have certainly helped the weakest group we had on the team, let's not kid ourselves. Is what it is.

Of course he doesn't. But then he should stop complaining publicly that people are saying it's about money. If you want to shut people up, give us the $. Otherwise, quit crying that people speculate it's due to money. The kid won. He is a beast and gets to play cfb in a time when you can make 7 figures doing so. Congrats to him. I'm sure money swayed him though and onus is on him to prove me wrong. Otherwise, I'll just continue to believe that.

My brother has connections with some boosters and people in the Iowa athletic department and this is what he said.

Can’t verify if it true or not, but it sounds like he was staying at Iowa until Alabama offered 2 million and that was life changing money for him and his family that he couldn’t turn down

Can't blame him for that. Should probably stop saying money wasn't a factor though if true.

Can't blame him for that. Should probably stop saying money wasn't a factor though if true.
Nobody cares about you setting the record straight KP. We know you took the bag and good for you. You gave an interview after you committed about how it wasn’t about the money and Iowa wasn’t offering near what was already out there. The money just got bit too big to ignore don’t act like Iowa was the highest bidder lol

Honestly, the guy is coming off as a prima donna now.

I suspect that NIL deal has a performance clause and/or conditions before any substantial money is paid out. Real life comes hard and fast and stars don't count.
I never commented on this but after the whole thing settled down i will say it looks like he went to Oregon to get a read on nil money which his mom has been reported on supporting as a big choice decider. Then he goes to Alabama on the last weekend and ends up flipping. Admits to getting more money, mom buys a house in Alabama, puts hers up for sale, and we are learning more about high school nil deals. For kp i would guess 1 million up front then so much per year based on staying a certain number of years or that money is gone. With the immediate move and buying a house so fast i think that moving was definitely a plan. I am also in agreement that Alabama is not great with how they treat players not performing as well as they are projected to. And the number of linemen leaving this year is surprising and may say something about the school. Kps obviously was trying to sound like he went as the best choice for him but blew it. Terrible look as his family immediately leaves for Alabama. He won't be back and burning bridges is always a bad idea. I'm happy he got paid and hope his mom is not cashing in on her son's money but doesn't seem like it. I personally love hating Alabama and this doesn't change things. The shade thrown at Iowa was unnecessary as was the nil discussion. I don't actually trust much of what he said but am excited that we are going to be getting experienced linemen for next season with his nil. In essence we may actually be better next season as his nil was big enough to get our new recruits that are experienced. That's better than a first year player no matter how talented.

I never commented on this but after the whole thing settled down i will say it looks like he went to Oregon to get a read on nil money which his mom has been reported on supporting as a big choice decider. Then he goes to Alabama on the last weekend and ends up flipping. Admits to getting more money, mom buys a house in Alabama, puts hers up for sale, and we are learning more about high school nil deals. For kp i would guess 1 million up front then so much per year based on staying a certain number of years or that money is gone. With the immediate move and buying a house so fast i think that moving was definitely a plan. I am also in agreement that Alabama is not great with how they treat players not performing as well as they are projected to. And the number of linemen leaving this year is surprising and may say something about the school. Kps obviously was trying to sound like he went as the best choice for him but blew it. Terrible look as his family immediately leaves for Alabama. He won't be back and burning bridges is always a bad idea. I'm happy he got paid and hope his mom is not cashing in on her son's money but doesn't seem like it. I personally love hating Alabama and this doesn't change things. The shade thrown at Iowa was unnecessary as was the nil discussion. I don't actually trust much of what he said but am excited that we are going to be getting experienced linemen for next season with his nil. In essence we may actually be better next season as his nil was big enough to get our new recruits that are experienced. That's better than a first year player no matter how talented.

I feel a whole lot better about this whole situation today than I did a few weeks ago.

Sounds like we might actually be getting some experienced OL in, and sounds like the Proctors aren't particularly "high character" individuals. So this move might ultimately work out okay for all parties involved.

I'm thinking those bridge's started heating up during his final on campus performance in Iowa City.

JFC move on and leave the guy alone.
I mean, he did another interview on the TOS basically saying Iowa offered more money. It is new “news”. It’s not like we’re tweeting at him. I was initially disappointed Iowa lost him but his actions since then whether because of immaturity or poor upbringing makes me believe he wouldn’t be a good fit at Iowa.

I heard Iowa State offered one free buffet per week at Hickory Park.
emperors-new-groove-kronk.gif

Have to admit that this kid is just not very bright. Who would of thought that a recruit would actually implicate the schools by name that recruited him by admitting on social media that they offered illegal inducements? I suspect that tweet has been removed but the damage is done. Why am I not surprised. How do you think the Iowa coaching staff is going to respond to the Swarm collective over this? Good luck with that.
Seems like an unspoken rule in college sports right now that the NCAA is not enforcing their rules against inducement and pay for play. Hope that changes. Proctor explicitly admitted that he was offered money too play at each of these schools (ironically he indicted himself despite trying to downplay the $$$ factor).

You can't trust anything that comes out of that kid's mouth. His behavior has made that crystal clear. A few months ago the kid bragged at his Iowa commitment that other schools were offering as much as a million bucks to sign and he turned them down. LOL. His handlers were basically auctioning him off at the end.

It also doesn't make any sense why he did what he did during the recruiting process if this wasn't about the money. He made statements when he committed to Alabama alluding to "settling for Iowa" and that he was the only big recruiting fish there, and that the competition at Alabama was better. Its not like this information wasn't available to him during the recruiting process from day 1. We didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday.

This is a good recruiting lesson for Iowa though. Certain high-end prospects are likely going to try to play this game in the future - basically fishing for a really big offer by claiming the kid wants to play only for Iowa and then pressing other NIL collectives to go a big percentage higher to gain their services. Iowa is going to need more than one basket to put all of their eggs in the future.

You can't trust anything that comes out of that kid's mouth. His behavior has made that crystal clear. A few months ago the kid bragged at his Iowa commitment that other schools were offering as much as a million bucks to sign and he turned them down. LOL. His handlers were basically auctioning him off at the end.

It also doesn't make any sense why he did what he did during the recruiting process if this wasn't about the money. He made statements when he committed to Alabama alluding to "settling for Iowa" and that he was the only big recruiting fish there, and that the competition at Alabama was better. Its not like this information wasn't available to him during the recruiting process from day 1. We didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday.

This is a good recruiting lesson for Iowa though. Certain high-end prospects are likely going to try to play this game in the future - basically fishing for a really big offer by claiming the kid wants to play only for Iowa and then pressing other NIL collectives to go a big percentage higher to gain their services. Iowa is going to need more than one basket to put all of their eggs in the future.
A former coach I heard speaking at an event said it best: if you want to really know the kid, get to know the parents

It’s funny he commits to Iowa saying other schools offered more (came down to bama and Iowa this summer) and $ didn’t matter. then flips to Bama and says that Iowa was offering more. Yeah call me crazy too when I’m not believing everything he says.

Definitely if he makes it all the way to the championship game because those last three high rank teams really boost your schedule as of right now Bamas schedule is ranked 54th by Sagarins..

I think all anyone’s trying to say is he would’ve had plenty of competition going against the Defense every day of Iowa!

But you know that!
I am guessing he was mainly referring to the more common event, which is practice

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT