ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Harris VP pick thread

Do we have an extreme Pepsi category?

4us.gif

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
And the announcement is being made in Philly next week.

Seems like a damn good choice.

Vance is gonna get his ass beat badly in any debate.

Reactions: win4jj
The lefties seem to hate Shapiro, which means he is probably the best choice.

And the announcement is being made in Philly next week.

Seems like a damn good choice.

Vance is gonna get his ass beat badly in any debate.
To which Trump will say something to the effect of "He did great I thought. Nobody gives a shit about the VP anyway."

I would say Shapiro. But maybe Kelly in a close second. Both would be good picks. Yeah no……not felons.

Reactions: MitchLL
She needs a democrat that isn't a threat to her own cult of personality. The VP can't be more likeable than her.

That's why Trump picked whitebread Pence and Obama picked Joe. Capable career politicians, but no threat on the charisma scale.

You don't want your VP to be more popular than you.

A boring VP is insurance against assassination.

For Kamala, I can't think of anyone who fits that bill.

The lefties seem to hate Shapiro, which means he is probably the best choice.
He is Pro-Israel which many of the young voters do not like. So, he would be a bad pick if you want to encourage young voters to vote.

Shapiro on the ticket makes FL a toss-up IMO.
You raise an interesting point.
Many of the Jewish population of Florida voted for DeSantis. All told they comprise less than 4% of the population of the state. I expect that many will vote Democrat in a national contest but Harris has a challenge on her hands if she doesn’t pick Shapiro.
Does she risk Michigan, which is a razor close vote or does she risk the Jewish vote in FL which will be very close to red anyway?

Hey superlibs of this board I really like Pete but does he maybe undermine her as VP if he's the pick?

I could see Pete as Press Secretary, he’s a really great communicator. I just don’t know persuasive he can be outside his base.

You raise an interesting point.
Many of the Jewish population of Florida voted for DeSantis. All told they comprise less than 4% of the population of the state. I expect that many will vote Democrat in a national contest but Harris has a challenge on her hands if she doesn’t pick Shapiro.
Does she risk Michigan, which is a razor close vote or does she risk the Jewish vote in FL which will be very close to red anyway?
You also have Constitutional Amendment 4 on the ballot which guarantees a right to an abortion based on fetal viability (around 24 weeks) instead of the very strict 6 week ban that DeSantis signed.

We know that similar measures won approval by substantial margins in red states (KS, OH, e.g) after Roe was overturned. This measure will likely drive many more voters to the polls, including pro-abortion supporters newly registered because of this issue.

Reactions: lucas80 and goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT