ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan Murray had himself a night!

It blows my mind it was so widely panned. Anyone that actually paid attention to Murray knew it was pretty obvious who the better player was
And it's no disrespect to Jaden Ivey, he could still have a good or even great career. But Keegan was ready to at worst be a rotational 3 and D wing day one. I did not think he would get this good this quickly, but Keegan (as they say) has that dog in him.

I read something about his year so far recently. He's evidently (up until last night anyway) having a worse shooting year than last year, but his defense has evidently been excellent. I seem to recall he's had some back issues so maybe that's part of the shooting issues.

Aside from chronic injuries, I don't see any reason why he'll sort of parallel his Iowa career in that each season he'll improve into becoming all star caliber.

I just hope his brother gets out of Portland because it's looking like he's not going to get a comparable opportunity at PT any time soon (at least this season for sure).

Reactions: McLovin32
Haven't followed his NBA career but it looks like he his shot setup is different. Appears to set his feet wider and squats just a little bit more before going up?

Or am I crazy?
He certainly has made some great adjustments over the past year that are paying major dividends now, both on the offensive and defensive side of the ball.

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
Still boggles my mind that Keegan somehow started 78 games in his NBA rookie season yet sat behind a McCaffery early in his career at iowa.
That's nothing, what really boggles the mind is in the 2021-2022 season his brother Kris was 6th in minutes played despite easily being the 2nd best player on the team. It wasn't even close.

Yep. CMac was sort of a position-less player that played the two to four and a little one on occasion. He was also an assist to turnover ratio god.

I wouldn't mind him on this team sadly, the floor needs a leader.
Fran is just rolling with no PGs as the starters now, while bringing in Harding/Bowen/Dix from the bench. Definitely some roster clunkiness.

They started Bohannon/Fredrick/Wieskamp/McCaffery/Garza. Obviously the spot Murray would’ve taken was McCaffery.

They started Bohannon/Fredrick/Wieskamp/McCaffery/Garza. Obviously the spot Murray would’ve taken was McCaffery.
McCaffrey was in there to pass to the scorers. Like someone said, he kind of played position less basketball. Garza had the ball the most.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT