ADVERTISEMENT

Keep that circle tight ladies

kceasthawk

HR Legend
Nov 5, 2016
Yep, time to really circle the wagons. Amazing that Clark has to hear idiots in the media, (and even some supposed Iowa fans) saying she somehow engineered that collision even though she had NO way to control how bad it would be, and she could have really been injured, but then Hannah has to close her social media accounts as supposed "fans" blast her for her struggles. "Fanatics" indeed....

Yep, time to really circle the wagons. Amazing that Clark has to hear idiots in the media, (and even some supposed Iowa fans) saying she somehow engineered that collision even though she had NO way to control how bad it would be, and she could have really been injured, but then Hannah has to close her social media accounts as supposed "fans" blast her for her struggles. "Fanatics" indeed....
I mean we are only 18-2. Damn Bluder.

What?!?! Guess I missed that…are you serious? There are some folks out there who really don’t like us being this good….and yes I get she is a constant talking point, almost irritating to even me as a fan actually….

But it seems theyd prefer we were an anomaly and not elite?!

They'll be fine. Anybody who's predicting the end of times is just being reactionary. This team is going to win 25+ games and be in the top 2-8 when it's all said and done. Bluders teams get better as the season progresses just like Frans do. OSU is a good team that can make a run. It's not like we lost to a bad team.

They'll be fine. Anybody who's predicting the end of times is just being reactionary. This team is going to win 25+ games and be in the top 2-8 when it's all said and done. Bluders teams get better as the season progresses just like Frans do. OSU is a good team that can make a run. It's not like we lost to a bad team.

No and seriously didn’t McMahon travel multiple times and run a few people over? I work hard at being a reasonable fans. I hate it when fans turn to fouls immediately….but seriously ?They had three players with 4 fouls and none fouled out until late OT?

No and seriously didn’t McMahon travel multiple times and run a few people over? I work hard at being a reasonable fans. I hate it when fans turn to fouls immediately….but seriously ?They had three players with 4 fouls and none fouled out until late OT?
Unfortunately McMahon constantly had access to an open lane resulting in mostly point-blank shots. Her powerful frame was a big plus in finishing those shots. Iowa has to do a much better in defending players like her. This loss may be a blessing resulting in improved defensive play by our bigs.

Unfortunately McMahon constantly had access to an open lane resulting in mostly point-blank shots. Her powerful frame was a big plus in finishing those shots. Iowa has to do a much better in defending players like her. This loss may be a blessing resulting in improved defensive play by our bigs.

Agreed

Reactions: hawkod
It didn't help that apparently we had flu/food poisoning was impacting several players, Stuelke was battling foul trouble, and as a result AOG couldn't play as aggressively either.

Some of McMahon's success came because she's a good player. Some also came because Iowa couldn't play the defense it wanted.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
I am seeing stuff about how people are ripping Hannah which is crazy to me. An Iowa kid staying home and a good player? Dumb...

The Clark thing drives me insane. By all accounts of anyone who actually knows, Caitlin is a good person. She is spicy on the court, that's the way she plays. You see exactly who she is off the court but other fans of other programs are trying to rip her apart. I simply don't get it other than it is crazy jealousy.

The idea that she made that happen to get more media attention is so stupid. She is on commericals all over and talked about ALL THE TIME when the women's game is mentioned. I don't think she was seaking anything.

Well, that didn't take long. One FF run and fans expectations adjust to expect it. Now anything less than near perfection is a disappointment and even makes some angry.

People can very very ugly creatures.

Hopefully one day they’ll make some reality TV shows heckling people at their jobs and talking about how poor they are doing…

Then they’ll circle back around and show how poor a job the hecklers are doing at their jobs.

😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Hawk_4shur

The collision knocked BOTH the fan and CC down. Caitlin said the wind got knocked out of her. The worst of the worst would say Caitlin is lying.

Twitter, Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook (and other platforms) have been out of control for way too long, imo. Young kids scroll all day long; many become addicted. Any anonymous clown can say anything to anyone.

And for all of the critics for losing ONE game to the #18 team in front of an 18,000 plus hostile crowd:

When you feel like shit, how well do you perform?

Or do you choose to not perform because you're lying on the couch?

Well, the Iowa women didn't call in sick. They showed up and played a full game plus an extra 5 minutes. No wonder they ran out of gas at the end.

Just something to think about.

The collision knocked BOTH the fan and CC down. Caitlin said the wind got knocked out of her. The worst of the worst would say Caitlin is lying.

Twitter, Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook (and other platforms) have been out of control for way too long, imo. Young kids scroll all day long; many become addicted. Any anonymous clown can say anything to anyone.

And for all of the critics for losing ONE game to the #18 team in front of an 18,000 plus hostile crowd:

When you feel like shit, how well do you perform?

Or do you choose to not perform because you're lying on the couch?

Well, the Iowa women didn't call in sick. They showed up and played a full game plus an extra 5 minutes. No wonder they ran out of gas at the end.

Just something to think about.

You kind of wonder about Clark as well. She would even walk over to the bench and hydrate during dead balls, even when she was still in the game. Had not seen her do that before.

seinfield-theyre-the-worst.gif

What?!?! Guess I missed that…are you serious? There are some folks out there who really don’t like us being this good….and yes I get she is a constant talking point, almost irritating to even me as a fan actually….

But it seems theyd prefer we were an anomaly and not elite?!
Don't mourn the loss of the anonymity of irrelevance!

Reactions: cmhawks99
It didn't help that apparently we had flu/food poisoning was impacting several players, Stuelke was battling foul trouble, and as a result AOG couldn't play as aggressively either.

Some of McMahon's success came because she's a good player. Some also came because Iowa couldn't play the defense it wanted.
I watched the game with my son (current Iowa student) and my daughter (an Iowa grad) and actually said something very similar. It was a fascinating game to me as the two teams had very different styles, and when that happens, the team that forces the other team to play their style will usually win. For much of the first half, Iowa was able to force OSU to play Iowa's style, and we saw that OSU didn't transition back on defense very well, and Iowa kept OSU from getting the ball to the high post frequently. That all changed in the latter part of the second half where OSU dictated play getting more Iowa turnovers and on O consistently getting the ball in the paint.

McMahon is a really good player who hasn't been having a very good Sophomore season. She's a tough matchup for any team. Some of you keep bagging on our post players but she's not a Center, she's actually more of a small forward/power forward. Strong and pretty quick. To fast for most Centers to guard and way to strong for most forwards to handle. She caught fire and got some confidence. Happens.

McMahon is a really good player who hasn't been having a very good Sophomore season. She's a tough matchup for any team. Some of you keep bagging on our post players but she's not a Center, she's actually more of a small forward/power forward. Strong and pretty quick. To fast for most Centers to guard and way to strong for most forwards to handle. She caught fire and got some confidence. Happens.

You are 100% dead on….the more that game gets in my rearview mirror, the more it doesn’t bother me. Flu symptoms, OT, foul trouble, on KM in particular, not a big loss.

You are 100% dead on….the more that game gets in my rearview mirror, the more it doesn’t bother me. Flu symptoms, OT, foul trouble, on KM in particular, not a big loss.

It will only bother me if 1) we have a hangover and drop a couple more in quick succession or 2) she does the same thing on the return visit and establishes it wasn’t just a one-off.

I think he is making a pretty standard statement really, isn’t he?
No offense to the OP or anyone else, but is any of the social drama that bad? It’s not like Covid decimated the team or CHA’s roof collapsed forcing them the play the remainder of the season on the road.

lol….drama much?
No not really. I think people are REALLY underestimating the pressure on the team and Clark in particular. The huge crowds, and the national spotlight. Clark actually being portrayed by some as "the villian"? I mean really? She's handled everything with grace outwardly, but some of this has to be really hard. (Another reason I don't see anyway she comes back next season). Kelsey Plumb had some words of encouragment for CC before the season, and told her to be prepared for just how much would come down on her the closer she got to the record. She said it really messed with her emotionally and mentally, even for a time when she moved up to the W.....

No offense to the OP or anyone else, but is any of the social drama that bad? It’s not like Covid decimated the team or CHA’s roof collapsed forcing them the play the remainder of the season on the road.
You don't think that people on social media including on some networks calling out her character or making her the villian could be hard on her. Ask Kelsey Plumb what she went through chasing the record, and the media is even worse now......

No not really. I think people are REALLY underestimating the pressure on the team and Clark in particular. The huge crowds, and the national spotlight. Clark actually being portrayed by some as "the villian"? I mean really? She's handled everything with grace outwardly, but some of this has to be really hard. (Another reason I don't see anyway she comes back next season). Kelsey Plumb had some words of encouragment for CC before the season, and told her to be prepared for just how much would come down on her the closer she got to the record. She said it really messed with her emotionally and mentally, even for a time when she moved up to the W.....
Hey, I agree 100%

I think some of it is Caitlin fatigue. Also jealousy. That and just standard trolling.

If rallying around all this helps the team down the home stretch, then it’s fine with me.

I couldn't agree with you more. Caitlin Clark has to be under tremendous pressure both on and off the court. She's constantly under the spotlight through no fault of her own because she's such a special talent. The constant attention she gets would tax anyone. I think people forget that she's still a college kid having just turned 22. The fact that she can handle it so well is really amazing. Props to her for being such a great ambassador for women's basketball and especially the University of Iowa.

Hey, I agree 100%

I think some of it is Caitlin fatigue. Also jealousy. That and just standard trolling.

If rallying around all this helps the team down the home stretch, then it’s fine with me.
I agree that "Caitlin fatique" is a real thing. I get that. Of course there are always those who want to watch the winners crash and burn. Of course the whole Circle thing is something Lisa started last year when they were struggling.

Absolutely agree Fran. A couple Iowa specific message boards is as far as it goes for me with regards to social media. And even our own message boards can get toxic, littered with flat out human indecency and attention seekers. Thank God I was raised with a fair amount of common sense, color me lucky I guess lol.

Another poster commented on a noticeable reduction of social media posts since the first of the year coming from Lisa's staff, short of Jensen.

I'm hard pressed to believe the data allowance packages on employer provided devices has been cut. :)

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
I agree that "Caitlin fatique" is a real thing. I get that. Of course there are always those who want to watch the winners crash and burn. Of course the whole Circle thing is something Lisa started last year when they were struggling.

I haven’t missed her play, when they were on TV in 2 years and I think Lisa, Bluder and CC & the whole team are filled with pleasant human beings… With that said, I get tired of a whole game of them talking about Caitlyn. So imagine if you are a rival…

Even us Iowa fans know, Caitlyn can’t lead them to the final four or a championship alone and we also know Kate Martin is having a hell of a year and Hannah Stuelke is getting better and better from even the start of the season. This is a good team. But Everyone is fixated on CC. It would have to be an amazing amount of pressure!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT