ADVERTISEMENT

Kerkliviet to PSU....shocker

shocked_face_2.jpg

Well looks like minimal drop off at heavy for PSU next year.

Next year Iowa will have a ton returning, but PSU has a bunch of super talented young guys. Beard, Brooks, Kerk.

Actually, I'm starting to think Kerk is a "head case".

And if I'm TanTom... I might push a "tampering" agenda to the NCAA.
While I love to bust PSU chops, kerk signed up to wrestle in a room where he’d have access at least in offseason to a multiple time world champion.
That changed....
garantee that was a huge selling point that tan tom used. So if you lose that selling point, well.....

Reactions: lionlover
Oh... one more thing, not that anyone should care, but not another negative comment from me towards ISU/Dresser/Metcalf/DSJ for the rest of this season.

The generous donations from Metcalf and DSJ, and the nice comments from KD regarding Sorenson proves to me they are pretty good guys and the wrestling community is a pretty tight club.

Oh... one more thing, not that anyone should care, but not another negative comment from me towards ISU/Dresser/Metcalf/DSJ for the rest of this season.

The generous donations from Metcalf and DSJ, and the nice comments from KD regarding Sorenson proves to me they are pretty good guys and the wrestling community is a pretty tight club.
What about the Gophers?

Um, yeah. I think he can coach. It’s not rocket surgery.

What school do think gets the most of their recruits? I’m not saying it’s PSU at all, just curious what people think. Who coaches up the best?
I see what you did there. Good stuff.

Dream about wrestling varsity....

or get into the portal - maybe they all get 7 years of eligibility like Cassar?...

who missed two full seasons because of injury.
But let’s ignore that.
By the by, he only won 1 state title in high school. Pretty good now.

Now this season is going to be like the episode of The Office where Michael Scott couldn't say, "That's what she said" anymore!

Can he technically use an olympic red shirt this year and have a normal red shirt available for future use?

Um, yeah. I think he can coach. It’s not rocket surgery.

What school do think gets the most of their recruits? I’m not saying it’s PSU at all, just curious what people think. Who coaches up the best?
The most critical 75% of coaching at the NCAA Division I level is recruiting. The best high school recruits are ready to win a title when they step on the mat. The other 25% is talent retention, AD relations, fan relations, fund raising, and...actual coaching, which includes technique, fitness, and motivation.

Because of NCAA point scoring, you must have champs and finalists to win a title. You can't win with a bunch of fringe AAs.

And because of scholarship limits, you have to recruit 4-year starters who are capable of winning titles all 4 years. There's not enough scholarships to bring in kids and groom them for 3 years before they are good enough to make the finals. You've just wasted 3 years of scholarship money that could have gone to an elite recruit.

And because life isn't fair, it's extremely difficult to turn a good high school wrestler into a superb college wrestler, even in 5 years but especially in 1-2 years. The exceptions prove the rule.

All of this we've learned the hard way.

All the top coaches are good at getting strong performances out of their wrestlers. But if that's all there was to it, Cash Wilcke would be twice as good as Spencer Lee.

Was over at BWI just doing some reading and this comes as no surprise to me. Tan Tom can refuse the release though right sure hope so or Kerk might just get right in and go197..

Reactions: lionlover
I was aware of minnesota, tosu and now penn state. What school was the 4th?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT