ADVERTISEMENT

Kerkliviet to PSU....shocker

You’re outta your mind, my man.

Guess I would have thought Spencer would mention that in the top 10 reasons he chose Iowa. Probably reason 15 is that it was his lifelong dream. Silly me.

Think whatever you’d like chief... It sure wasn’t because of money or clout. It’s not a coincidence the transfer portal is working so well in Iowa’s favor... You’d argue about what color the sky is until you’re blue in the face. You’re dick envy of Iowa is thick AF.

Think whatever you’d like chief... It sure wasn’t because of money or clout. It’s not a coincidence the transfer portal is working so well in Iowa’s favor... You’d argue about what color the sky is until you’re blue in the face. You’re dick envy of Iowa is thick AF.
Never said it was because of money, wtf. All I said is most of these guys didn’t come her because of some lifelong dream.

They think Iowa is a great program with great coaches that can get them to the highest level. That is a good thing. You’re the one make stuff up about these guys dreaming of wrestling for Iowa.

Marinelli and Lee grew up dreaming to be Hawkeyes. You’re dead wrong. Not sure what makes you, an ISU fan, a know it all when it comes to Iowa and it’s wrestlers.

Then throw in Eierman and DeSanto who sought out Iowa.

And don’t forget Cass, Renteria, Young, and Murin.

You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about here.
So, Desanto gave up on his dream first? Did he fall back asleep, or something?

Reactions: funkisfun12
Transfer portal has worked well for Iowa because Iowa is a great program, one of the best in the country, undeniably. They’ve also happened to have gigantic holes on their team.

Again, this is vastly different than Lugo and Desanto growing up dreaming of being Hawks.

I heard all their statements when they committed. Don’t remember one saying it was their dream to be a Hawkeye. They were convinced by the coaches and the mindset. They all 3 were very close to committing to other schools and were 50/50 when they made their decisions.

Nothing wrong with that. In fact, I think it is a good thing for the coaches and closing with the top guys. But let’s not pretend they are here because of some lifelong dream and there was never anywhere else they could have gone.
Concerning Marinelli you are full of shit, which isn't news. I'm not gonna bother with the details, but they are out there I assure you.

They think Iowa is a great program with great coaches that can get them to the highest level.

Which obviously is why most elite guys decide to go where they go. A few may be driven by a lifelong favorite team, some others by financials, some by academics . . . but in the end, most are going where they think they have the best chance at personal success.

I feel bad for the Nevills family.

Nick was the #1 HWT coming out of HS (Stoll#2) and looks promising but injuries derailed him and then losses his spot to Cassar his SR year. I dont put that on Cael at all as who knew Cassar could grow into that weight and still be that quick. Reminds me of Ereksen.

But for Seth. He was what like #2 or 3. You would think he sees the chance to be a 3 yr starter then this happens. I think he can compete with Kirk and give him a bit of a run but just is over matched athletically at the end of the day. I do out this one on Cael if a Mom or Dad. You dont tell a kid like Kirk no thanks but at the same time the Nevills family has invested a lot into PSU and has nothing to show for it. Both kids were highly ranked so its not like its the Ballwegs were they know its an uphill battle to ever start.

Its gonna be interesting where Seth will go because why in the heck would you would stay even if his feeling arent hurt. Kid can start for 95% of the other D1 teams.

Odds are Fresno St but Id be curious if he doesnt give some other schools an audition, say like an ASU. Does Cornell have a HWT waiting in the wings. They have a team that could win it all next year and maybe he is the missing piece?

As a big time Nevills family fan, I do wonder what's going to happen with Seth. I think he has even more upside than Nick.

I do have one critique of your comment about the Nevills family having nothing to show for their investment in Penn State. AJ trained with the NLWC for a year before growing into a heavy which necessitated his transfer back home to Fresno State. I know that was a valuable experience for him to be in the room for a year.

Nick was a 2-time AA and graduated from a Big 10 university. Even more importantly, he met his wife at Penn State. And, he's currently with the NLWC (queu the slush fund conspiracy theories).

Anyway, to say the Nevills family has nothing to show for their investment in Penn State is absolutely incorrect.

What is it with you IA guys and penis size. Must be a thing for you fellas.

The collective clapbacks from you nitwits are embarrassing. Matching wits with you reminds me of arguing with my 8 year old nephew. It’s like a last word thing with you idiots.

Funniest or most pathetic part, depending on how you look at it, is that you’re here on an Iowa message board attempting to defend yourselves. But Cael is in MY head. Got it.

The collective clapbacks from you nitwits are embarrassing. Matching wits with you reminds me of arguing with my 8 year old nephew. It’s like a last word thing with you idiots.

Funniest or most pathetic part, depending on how you look at it, is that you’re here on an Iowa message board attempting to defend yourselves. But Cael is in MY head. Got it.
I made my point I'll be respectful now. It's not about the last word for me it's about making the point that if I come in peace why am I being attacked. It's not gentlemen like anyhow I said my part I'll be respectful

Whatever bud play your ten year old games. I'm betting everything I have a higher iq than you

Obviously not, you've been corrected on "you're" at least 3 times and continue to spell it wrong. And you can act like you're not a douche here all you want, but anyone can read the crap you write on BWI, you are far from "only defending yourself." The fact that you keep coming back just to argue shows YOU'RE an idiot with little man complex, starting fights on the internet, my hero

If it ever happens. Yes I will put any $$$ you can afford, gobblincreaminthroat.

Are all you guys required to come here and act like complete douche bags? Like getting jumped into a gang or something? What a bunch of entitled idiots

tenor.gif

I know its for the better of the kids too get a spot and better for top programs too build

But i think these transfer rules and medical/r
Olympic redshirt rules are too much leniency

Its great too let 26 year old guys wrestle. NOT.

also i get a laugh at the ped accusations. I dont think its as big of a problem now as the early 90's. Look up the 1991 ncaa title matches. Some of those guys looked enhanced.

D1 wrestling may be at a crossroads.

Iowa now has 4 guys who were top 10 p4p in the lineup. That is the most they've had since Brands became head coach. Suddenly there is talk of winning a team title.

Lee #2
Marinelli #3
Kemerer #8
Warner #7

PSU recently has dropped and "only" has 5 who were top 10 p4p.

N Lee #4
Berge #6
Joseph #5
Hall #1
Brooks #2

The transfer of #1 Kerk plus bench warmers #5 Manville and #11 Beard gives PSU some depth. They also got a former ncaa runnerup to transfer to PSU, in Conel.

But it's clear that Cael seems to have problems "developing" lower ranked guys like #20 Verkleeren, #34 Teske and Meredith. And Conel has seemingly regressed.

Unless Cael can get more top 10 guys or world medalists through transfers, PSU's run of titles may end. If he can somehow fatten up the lineup to say, 8 or 9 top ten guys, we can once again marvel at Cael's ability to "develop" guys.

Reactions: Chuck C and Grip220

Iowa now has 4 guys who were top 10 p4p in the lineup. That is the most they've had since Brands became head coach. Suddenly there is talk of winning a team title.

Lee #2
Marinelli #3
Kemerer #8
Warner #7

N Lee #4
Berge #6
Joseph #5
Hall #1
Brooks #2

The transfer of #1 Kerk plus bench warmers #5 Manville and #11 Beard gives PSU some depth. They also got a former ncaa runnerup to transfer to PSU, in Conel.

But it's clear that Cael seems to have problems "developing" lower ranked guys like #20 Verkleeren, #34 Teske and Meredith. And Conel has seemingly regressed.

Unless Cael can get more top 10 guys or world medalists through transfers, PSU's run of titles may end. If he can somehow fatten up the lineup to say, 8 or 9 top ten guys, we can once again marvel at Cael's ability to "develop" guys.

PSU also has #9 Carter Starocci with #7 Beau Bartlett and #9 Robbie Howard coming in.

Lee #2
Marinelli #3
Kemerer #8
Warner #7

N Lee #4
Berge #6
Joseph #5
Hall #1
Brooks #2

To be fair, Teske is a redshirt freshman who may still develop. Unranked freshman Brandon Meredith upset the #10 wrestler yesterday. And Conel is still hampered by injuries and may have wrestled his last match yesterday after re-aggravating it again. But don't let facts get in your way...

Reactions: danoftw and tabenn
I don't have time to go through this whole thread, but have Kirkvliet and Cass ever squared off? I don't follow prep wrestling too closely.

Lee #2
Marinelli #3
Kemerer #8
Warner #7

N Lee #4
Berge #6
Joseph #5
Hall #1
Brooks #2

Why do you continue to argue? It has been established long ago that Cael is not a good wrestling coach who doesn't care about the kids he coaches. He only cares about himself.

It is the kind of thing that one learns on this very fair, unbiased and reasonable board rather quickly. The fact that this board shows no bias, jealousy or hatred towards PSU despite their recent dominance is quite commendable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT