ADVERTISEMENT

KF basically calls Wadley a liar. "Some of the things were just flat-out not true." Now what?

It should. Racial bias, especially at a public institution, is a serious charge. If someone is going to throw out those types of charges, there better be some teeth to them.

I have no doubt there were some unconscious biases and a few cultural issues that needed addressed but it's been tough reading some of the accusations leveled against Kirk. What started as well-intentioned grew into a mob mentality for some disgruntled opportunists with private agendas, IMO.
So "racial" bias has now co-opted "cultural bias". It was that racist actions were not allowing people access simply because of what they physically are. Making judgments simply because of how people are born. Now, if you don't like someone's hair style, you don't like their music, you don't like how they act (which is all stems from a culture you were raised in), that is now racial bias. Respect for one's culture, or disrespect, should not be tagged with race.The things you say or do, the choices you make, should not be protected at the same level as what you simply are.

I think we're saying the same thing regarding intent Birch.

What does make it challenging is that I think there were many players that brought up valid issues and just wanted change to eliminate the (likely unintentional) bias that existed. Then you have a handful that decided to hop on the wagon (I'm not saying boat!!! :) ) with over the top and in some cases just plain false accusations.

I was really happy to see Kirk address Akrum in particular. There is no question that several saw an opportunity and care little about making the program better. I have no issue with those comments being ignored and unaddressed.

And I want this team to get to play this fall in the worst possible way. I think it will quiet a lot of the doubters to see that the performance on the field will continue to be excellent even with some changes in the football building.

So "racial" bias has now co-opted "cultural bias". It was that racist actions were not allowing people access simply because of what they physically are. Making judgments simply because of how people are born. Now, if you don't like someone's hair style, you don't like their music, you don't like how they act (which is all stems from a culture you were raised in), that is now racial bias. Respect for one's culture, or disrespect, should not be tagged with race.The things you say or do, the choices you make, should not be protected at the same level as what you simply are.

Preach it, brother. Preach it! :rolleyes:

The first part is true about shear numbers of police killings. The second part is false, fake news. Blacks comprose ~13% of the US population. African Americans are shot and killed by police at more than twice the rate as white Americans. You can deny it, or try to rationalize it. Not isolated incidents. Rather a pattern persisting since the days of blatant slavery.

The 13% does not mean crap when it represents close to 50% of violent crime.

Im done here.

This has turned into all of the White guys with decades and decades of hate all congregating and attacking Blacks and BLM. This is pointless. And whatever I say is not going to change these ideals that have been instilled in you for years compounding the fact you have no desire to be culturally competent.

You guys carry on.

LMAO. Good lord
Way to bury your head in the sand. Black culture needs to change, not white culture to fit and throw money at the broken black culture.

Black Community, Heal Yourselves
before you come crying to the country to bend to fix all your problems (which never works). There has to be a willingness to change on the part of black people that are so transfixed on victim mentality that they refuse to fix their internal issues. Quit having kids out of wedlock in ridiculously high numbers, and the problems will resolve themselves. Poverty is a single parent driven issue, not a black issue.

Way to bury your head in the sand. Black culture needs to change, not white culture to fit and throw money at the broken black culture.

Black Community, Heal Yourselves
before you come crying to the country to bend to fix all your problems (which never works). There has to be a willingness to change on the part of black people that are so transfixed on victim mentality that they refuse to fix their internal issues. Quit having kids out of wedlock in ridiculously high numbers, and the problems will resolve themselves. Poverty is a single parent driven issue, not a black issue.
Incredible

Reactions: hawkbirch
Im done here.

This has turned into all of the White guys with decades and decades of hate all congregating and attacking Blacks and BLM. This is pointless. And whatever I say is not going to change these ideals that have been instilled in you for years compounding the fact you have no desire to be culturally competent.

You guys carry on.

LMAO. Good lord

Listen, I have African Americans that I have been involved with my whole if, but no one ever answers the question of black on black crime. If white people have to have the difficult coversations, they why do black people get a pass at this? I want less white people calling the cops on black people for walking down the street with a hood on, but I also want gang violence to stop and black on black crime to stop also. If you are so onesided you are part of the problem

Does the report take EACH accusation and see if there is another player or player to verify the accusation? Ie, the other player says, "Yes, that did happen."

I believe there were over 50 accusations of racial bias?
been really busy lately . is there a list anywhere of all the accusations ?

Here we go. I knew it was coming sooner or later from White guys like you. The recurring theme “well All Lives Matter” “Blue Lives Matter” “White Lives Matter” “what about Black on Black crime” “those Blacks kill themselves anyway”.

Dude Im not going to get into something that has been discussed over and over nationally. All you have to do is google the topic and you will see the intent of BLM and the narratives about the clear ignorance in what you’re suggesting. Its White guys like you have absolutely no interest in leaning about the issues or changing so you latch on to any misinformed argument and run with it.

All I am saying is if Black Lives Matter, then all black lives should matter. Not just ones that are wrongly accused or shot or murdured by another race.

Reactions: BigDelHawk
Ive been on this board for 3 years bro. But I dont condone racism so I will speak up. That’s why we need movements like BLM. I know its hard for you to hear. But racism needs to end in football programs Whether you want to hear it or not.

for christs sake
Bro, bro, bro.

I know right, I hit it so on the head.
In the same post you said that black people need to fix their own issues, said that having kids out of wedlock is responsible for most of them, and then said that poverty is a single parent issue, not a black issue. If poverty isn’t a black issue, then why should black people be solely responsible for solving it within their communities?

Moreover, you have to be ignorant as all get out to believe that white peoples’ hands are clean in the plight of black people in America. To speak condescendingly about a “victim mentality” when you presumably haven’t walked a day in the shoes of a POC, and to be against investing money to help your fellow humans and Americans is a POS mentality. How much better would our country be with prosperous and productive inner cities? A lot.

The “Black People, heal yourselves” comment would be like me stealing all your money then taunting you and telling you to get your bread up

Like I said, it’s incredible how people can lack empathy to this degree

Last edited:
In the same post you said that black people need to fix their own issues, said that having kids out of wedlock is responsible for most of them, and then said that poverty is a single parent issue, not a black issue. If poverty isn’t a black issue, then why should black people be solely responsible for solving it within their communities?

Moreover, you have to be ignorant as all get out to believe that white peoples’ hands are clean in the plight of black people in America. To speak condescendingly about a “victim mentality” when you presumably haven’t walked a day in the shoes of a POC, and to be against investing money to help your fellow humans and Americans is a POS mentality. How much better would our country be with prosperous and productive inner cities? A lot.

The “Black People, heal yourselves” comment would be like me stealing all your money then taunting you and telling you to get your bread up

Like I said, it’s incredible how people can lack empathy to this degree
https://www.politifact.com/factchec...on-lemon-says-more-72-percent-african-americ/

Put it in any terms you want. Blacks are nearly 2 1/2 times more likely to be raised in a single parent home than white people. 67% of all black children are raised in single parent homes. I will also postulate that many of those white kids being raised in single parent homes are raised in affluent single parent homes.

Lets look at the BLM website:

"We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work."

Don't have kids out of wedlock and when you cannot afford them and expect the government to pay for them.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

This is just a **** you Whitey, we are not going to bow to pressure to not have so many kids out of wedlock. We want to keep doing what we want to do! How is that being raised by a village working out for you? Do I need to pull up sexual molestation rates, STD's, Sexually active rates at young ages, incarceration and crime rates?

BTW, the great society welfare systems created this monster, throwing more money at it is not going to fix it and will likely make it worse and Defunding the Police is just going to make our inner cities worse.

Last edited:
The first part is true about shear numbers of police killings. The second part is false, fake news. Blacks comprose ~13% of the US population. African Americans are shot and killed by police at more than twice the rate as white Americans.

Why did you ignore the "when normalized for the amount of violent crime part?" Black males are about 6% of the population but commit over 50% of the violent crimes. 60% of the robberies and 60% of the murders. So no, this is not fake news. Based on the number of times blacks are interacting with the police, they are less, not more, likely to be killed than whites.

The first part is true about shear numbers of police killings. The second part is false, fake news. Blacks comprose ~13% of the US population. African Americans are shot and killed by police at more than twice the rate as white Americans. You can deny it, or try to rationalize it. Not isolated incidents. Rather a pattern persisting since the days of blatant slavery.
Reading is hard huh :)

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...on-lemon-says-more-72-percent-african-americ/

Put it in any terms you want. Blacks are nearly 2 1/2 times more likely to be raised in a single parent home than white people. 67% of all black children are raised in single parent homes. I will also postulate that many of those white kids being raised in single parent homes are raised in affluent single parent homes.

BTW, the great society welfare systems created this monster.
wth is your point?

also, who designed and implemented the great society welfare systems? I’m sure it was all those black American politicians. You could not be doing a better job ruining your own arguments. Unreal

edit: I see you edited your post with quotes from the BLM website and talking about defunding the police, which I haven’t even discussed. What is being discussed is your opinion that black people should figure out their problems themselves and that the situation that black people find themselves in is their own fault. I hope that you don’t claim to be a person of faith

Last edited:
wth is your point?

also, who designed and implemented the great society welfare systems? I’m sure it was all those black American politicians. You could not be doing a better job ruining your own arguments. Unreal
My point is that having children out of wedlock largely is a black problem. Certainly a much larger problem for that community. Also, when kids are raised in a household with no father, they are much more likely to go to prison. They just have less or no discipline and run as they want.

wth is your point?

edit: I see you edited your post with quotes from the BLM website and talking about defunding the police, which I haven’t even discussed. What is being discussed is your opinion that black people should figure out their problems themselves and that the situation that black people find themselves in is their own fault. I hope that you don’t claim to be a person of faith
I am, and I pray every day that the black community will wake up one day.

I also attend an inner city church by choice as I feel that they strive to improve the situation in the inner city through their works. Rioting, burning buildings, writing graffiti and more does nothing but harden people to the BLM cause, and it also redirects scarce resources to clean up the mess left behind rather than being used more wisely.

Either way, BLM is a Racist and Marxist organization at its core.

Reactions: GolfHacker1
My point is that having children out of wedlock largely is a black problem. Certainly a much larger problem for that community. Also, when kids are raised in a household with no father, they are much more likely to go to prison. They just have less or no discipline and run as they want.

Steve King?? Is that you?

I am, and I pray every day that the black community will wake up one day.

I also attend an inner city church by choice as I feel that they strive to improve the situation in the inner city through their works. Rioting, burning buildings, writing graffiti and more does nothing but harden people to the BLM cause, and it also redirects scarce resources to clean up the mess left behind rather than being used more wisely.

Either way, BLM is a Racist and Marxist organization at its core.

I'm sure they appreciate your Christian judgment.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
It is interesting watching the absolutists going back and forth. Both sides have aspects that are spot on but in general somewhere in the middle is where the answer is. The statistics are what they are and they really can't be argued. The underlying cause is what we need to find out and attack. Throwing money at it isn't the answer nor is the 'figure it out' approach. There has been a significant amount invested currently and on going. Whether that is prudent investment is what we need to look at. Creating a situation where being a single parent is financially more rewarded might not be the correct path either. Not sure what the answer is but standing on your absolutist position will create gridlock and no progress.

Reactions: CalmHawk
It is interesting watching the absolutists going back and forth. Both sides have aspects that are spot on but in general somewhere in the middle is where the answer is. The statistics are what they are and they really can't be argued. The underlying cause is what we need to find out and attack. Throwing money at it isn't the answer nor is the 'figure it out' approach. There has been a significant amount invested currently and on going. Whether that is prudent investment is what we need to look at. Creating a situation where being a single parent is financially more rewarded might not be the correct path either. Not sure what the answer is but standing on your absolutist position will create gridlock and no progress.

Akrum, your happy feet thrilled us all as you danced around defenders and found holes that only you could see. Thrill us again with those feet and dance off into the sunset. Chasing after slights that only you can see.
Yep, Wadley has burned the bridge when it comes to Iowa. At some point in the future he will realize what a foolish move he made.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
Akrum, your happy feet thrilled us all as you danced around defenders and found holes that only you could see. Thrill us again with those feet and dance off into the sunset. Chasing after slights that only you can see.
Yep, Wadley has burned the bridge when it comes to Iowa. At some point in the future he will realize what a foolish move he made.

Reactions: CAS1949

I don't know that there is only one reason. It's likely a combination of a number of things that result in the high rate.

When people talk about this, it is like they ignore the underlying factor to why these crimes are happening. Desperation and lack of education is one. Not holding their own accountable is another, and the list goes on and on.

When people talk about this, it is like they ignore the underlying factor to why these crimes are happening. Desperation and lack of education is one. Not holding their own accountable is another, and the list goes on and on.

and the reasons behind one crime are not the same as the reasons behind another crime. Unresolved mental health issues and substance abuse are huge factors in a lot of crime regardless of race. Our society as a whole does not do a great job addressing either and it shows in our crime rates.

You lose me on the Breona Key killing. Terrible execution of a no knock warrant, but racist.....no. The bf fired shots, not that I wouldn’t do the same, but that caused the return of gunfire.

No Knock warrants shouldn't be allowed IMO, I don't give a damn what the courts say, because frankly their interpretation is resulting in unintended tragedy. Maybe we can avoid these murders by LE in the future by following proper procedures to the letter, including making damn sure you're at the correct address (which to me is an inexcusable mistake).

and the reasons behind one crime are not the same as the reasons behind another crime. Unresolved mental health issues and substance abuse are huge factors in a lot of crime regardless of race. Our society as a whole does not do a great job addressing either and it shows in our crime rates.

Many times the Mental health and substance issues go hand in hand. At some point it became "more cost effective" to medicate rather than help people deal with the issues they face. The part that gets lost is that the person feels ok when they are on their meds then stop taking them, because they feel ok.

Many times the Mental health and substance issues go hand in hand. At some point it became "more cost effective" to medicate rather than help people deal with the issues they face. The part that gets lost is that the person feels ok when they are on their meds then stop taking them, because they feel ok.

mental health and substance abuse are the root cause in the overwhelming majority of my court cases. You are correct about people feeling good so they stop taking their meds and slip back into previous behaviors. It happens all the time. People use drugs to manage their mental health issues. Unresolved trauma is a huge impact as well. The stigma with both is getting better but there are not enough treatment resources available to help everyone that is in need.

mental health and substance abuse are the root cause in the overwhelming majority of my court cases. You are correct about people feeling good so they stop taking their meds and slip back into previous behaviors. It happens all the time. People use drugs to manage their mental health issues. Unresolved trauma is a huge impact as well. The stigma with both is getting better but there are not enough treatment resources available to help everyone that is in need.

No Knock warrants shouldn't be allowed IMO, I don't give a damn what the courts say, because frankly their interpretation is resulting in unintended tragedy. Maybe we can avoid these murders by LE in the future by following proper procedures to the letter, including making damn sure you're at the correct address (which to me is an inexcusable mistake).
Don’t disagree, I get tired of people using her name in the BLM.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT