ADVERTISEMENT

KF in person press conference Friday 6-12 at 2pm

If Doyle is gone and players have raised the same issues with BF, BF had better be gone too.
they are sort of saying KF is head of it all and it's the whole program including kf, but when pushed they go easy on KF . could be they are saying KF should never have hired any of these coaches. or something.

Doyle's gone for sure. The question is what determination they've came to as to whether or not Brian has to go, and if he does have to go then I'm guessing Fran will be announcing his retirement tomorrow.

they are sort of saying KF is head of it all and it's the whole program including kf, but when pushed they go easy on KF . could be they are saying KF should never have hired any of these coaches. or something.

My fear is that tomorrow is going to be a impactless nothingburger. I could see him saying Doyle is gone, and that Brian and the rest of the coaches will undergo some BS sensitivity training or something. From the sounds of it, Brian is a big part of the problem. The number of players coming out about treatment I think is double from the years Brian took over compared to previous years. That's not nothing. This is a big moment for the Iowa program, I hope they use it to really force needed change in the culture. We're either going to be looked at as a program that's serious about this monumental issue and willing to lead the way through it, or a program in KF's hip pocket that just cares about sweeping it under the rug.

My fear is that tomorrow is going to be a impactless nothingburger. I could see him saying Doyle is gone, and that Brian and the rest of the coaches will undergo some BS sensitivity training or something. From the sounds of it, Brian is a big part of the problem. The number of players coming out about treatment I think is double from the years Brian took over compared to previous years. That's not nothing. This is a big moment for the Iowa program, I hope they use it to really force needed change in the culture. We're either going to be looked at as a program that's serious about this monumental issue and willing to lead the way through it, or a program in KF's hip pocket that just cares about sweeping it under the rug.
I have always viewed brian as being the one who saved the program from greg davis. and the one who finally made them the new England patriots-lite. KF's dream: to be the patriots. run it like the NFL. right down to taking a time out a the two minute point because that darn NCAA does not have a two minute warning. but KF and the patriothawks do. sound like the ex-players are trying to say they thought they were going to college instead, and not playing for the NFL for free. or something. and when they got there it was too many nfl rules but without the pay.

Reactions: ThisHawks4u

You might be right but what’s the data say?

no. But wouldn’t be surprised if he is announcing the dismissal of Doyle. Needs to happen.

I am in the court that says we need the independent investigation run it’s course. You can’t fire people over social media uproar, especially when the kids story changes from “sending you back to the ghetto” to “sending you back to Glenville”. Facts matter.

I am in the court that says we need the independent investigation run it’s course. You can’t fire people over social media uproar, especially when the kids story changes from “sending you back to the ghetto” to “sending you back to Glenville”. Facts matter.
uhhh, but to this generation of young people, twitter is God and the bible. more accurate and true than a court of law.

My prediction...Doyle is gone. Kirk will admit that things need to change but will provide few specifics. Will say that a committee/group put together to analyze the program. I don’t want to call it a nothing burger, but it’ll be really close. When was the last time Kirk said anything of substance and significance.

And I also think Brian will be suspended and will have to go through some sort of training.

My prediction...Doyle is gone. Kirk will admit that things need to change but will provide few specifics. Will say that a committee/group put together to analyze the program. I don’t want to call it a nothing burger, but it’ll be really close. When was the last time Kirk said anything of substance and significance.
I think it would be good if changed back to hayden-style college football but those days are gone.

I would be shocked if Doyle did not sue if fired. No way in Gods Green Earth that Brian will be fired.

I bet you are right. Either resigns after writing is on the well when the investigation ends or makes them fire him and sues.

I also don’t think Brian is fired but if I’m Kirk I’d be on the phone calling belicheck or O’Brien seeing if they have a spot after this year for Brian to go back to the nfl. For those who remember he passed up being OL for Houston few years back.

I bet you are right. Either resigns after writing is on the well when the investigation ends or makes them fire him and sues.

I also don’t think Brian is fired but if I’m Kirk I’d be on the phone calling belicheck or O’Brien seeing if they have a spot after this year for Brian to go back to the nfl. For those who remember he passed up being OL for Houston few years back.
I've been wondering if KF might go NFL . maybe not head coach

I would be shocked if Doyle did not sue if fired. No way in Gods Green Earth that Brian will be fired.
Doyle has his payout and NDA guaranteed. NO way they let a lawsuit loose involving the student-athletes and coaches....Doyles lawyers would decimate the program forever through interrogation. He was paid the most of any s&c coach in the nation by a university program either clueless, uncaring or lying about the issues requiring his termination. Beyond ugly. The settlement number was all this week was about.

Would much rather have these coaches face the issue head-on, keeping a continued dialogue open with the players, rather than the UofI/AD sweeping it under the rug with dismissals. Be progressive and proactive and they can spin the program into something positive for future players.

Sadly, I think some fans would prefer to sweep it and get away from the uncomfortable conversations, continue with blinders.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT