ADVERTISEMENT

KF in person press conference Friday 6-12 at 2pm

What a cluster. Only Bob Commings coming back to life would get me back to a game next year.

Sports is an escape, a getaway....This is a mess and I want no part of it.

Reactions: GOHOX69
“Sports is an escape, a getaway....This is a mess and I want no part of it.“

I am really close to this as well. I enjoy watching Iowa football, but it doesn’t have the same priority anymore. I made the decision to refuse getting so invested in Iowa football, for several reasons. My Saturday’s are much better now...and this situation doesn’t help at all.

Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?
giphy.gif

Reactions: drew_hawk
I just can't come to terms that a man making 4M a year has no deep interaction with his program over 20 years. At the the very least he's lazy (get rid of him) at worst he fostered the atmosphere (get rid of him). What can he claim in between?

He's not lazy, he just has his coaches in a circle of trust. Too trusting for some of them, it turns out.

I just really want to hear what the players have to say. Anyone know who is speaking?

Let's also throw some % around for funsies... you know, because this whole thing sucks.

Doyle fired: 99%
Doyle resigned: 60%
Brian administrative leave: 55%
Kirk resigning: 50%
Wallace administrative leave: 50%
Brian fired: 40%
Wallace fired: 35%
Whole staff fired: 20%
Kirk fired: 15%

I am in the court that says we need the independent investigation run it’s course. You can’t fire people over social media uproar, especially when the kids story changes from “sending you back to the ghetto” to “sending you back to Glenville”. Facts matter.
This. The group of former and current players that will make recommendations hasn't had time to do any thing yet. This is going to take some time, you can't expect decisions to be made already. What is this sports management advisory firm from Virginia that some parents have contacted to help organize their voice ?

Reactions: Farleyhawk
I just can't come to terms that a man making 4M a year has no deep interaction with his program over 20 years. At the the very least he's lazy (get rid of him) at worst he fostered the atmosphere (get rid of him). What can he claim in between?
Pretty nice you can hide behind a fake name and say anything you like. Talk about a loser but you do have a right to say anything on a forum. Are you an Iowa State fan or a Nebraska loon-e?
No reply needed...

Pretty nice you can hide behind a fake name and say anything you like. Talk about a loser but you do have a right to say anything on a forum. Are you an Iowa State fan or a Nebraska loon-e?
No reply needed...

If you want to know who I am just DM me and I'm more than happy to get rid of the veil. I'm not hiding from anyone. If anyone wants to know who I am just DM me, I'm more than happy to share who I am and my personal information. I'm asking you will you share yours if I ask?

The press conference is with Kirk and 3 players. If he was announcing hes quitting, he wouldn't do it with 3 players by his side. It would be more formal with him and Barta.

All the press conference will be is Kirk acknowledging he has heard all the allegations and the University is reviewing everything. It likely will involve Doyle getting released.

But theres absolutely no way Kirk announces his resignation next to 3 players.

No reply needed...

I'm actually interested in who you are. No reply needed? That's me in the avatar with my three kids, I live in San Jose, CA. Please, come join me in a conversation, I'll give you my personal address.

If Doyle is gone, KF will retire next year, since Brian has been brought up in this, he won't be the next coach for 20 years so we will hire a politically correct coach to ruin the program and go 3-9 every year. Then we'll fire him and get a new coach to go 3-9. Congratulations we will be Illinois, Nebraska, Rutgers. Great work by everyone

Sipple from Lincoln Journal Star thinks KF is done. I look forward to tomorrow to hear the latest.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...campaign=user-share&__twitter_impression=true

Thanks for linking, read this for the hell of it. While I fully hope Ferentz stays and leads the change, and I think I've made that clear, I can't rule out the possibility of him being gone. If that happens, BF goes too. In that situation, I'd gladly take Stoops as HC and Norvell as OC. Potential long term solution with Norvell learning under Stoops and taking the reigns once Stoops decides to retire again. Not to mention we stay within the Fry family.

Again, it's a worst-case scenario hypothetical, but I don't think it's inherently BS just because a Nebraska writer said it.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
I just really want to hear what the players have to say. Anyone know who is speaking?

Let's also throw some % around for funsies... you know, because this whole thing sucks.

Doyle fired: 99%
Doyle resigned: 60%
Brian administrative leave: 55%
Kirk resigning: 50%
Wallace administrative leave: 50%
Brian fired: 40%
Wallace fired: 35%
Whole staff fired: 20%
Kirk fired: 15%

Doyle Fired: 50%
Doyle Resign: 25%
Brian Leave: 20%
Kirk Resign: 10%
Wallace Leave: 10%
Brian Fired: 5%
Wallace Fired: 1%
Whole Staff Fired: 1%
Kirk Fired: 1%

My fear is that tomorrow is going to be a impactless nothingburger. I could see him saying Doyle is gone, and that Brian and the rest of the coaches will undergo some BS sensitivity training or something. From the sounds of it, Brian is a big part of the problem. The number of players coming out about treatment I think is double from the years Brian took over compared to previous years. That's not nothing. This is a big moment for the Iowa program, I hope they use it to really force needed change in the culture. We're either going to be looked at as a program that's serious about this monumental issue and willing to lead the way through it, or a program in KF's hip pocket that just cares about sweeping it under the rug.
Would it make you happier if they had public hangings for KF, BF, Doyle, Barta and any other white guys associated with the program? Would it help if they just burned down the program altogether because some mommy's boys got their feelings hurt? I'm betting there were plenty of white guys who didn't like Doyle pushing them to be their best or having Brian in their faces, too. But having them come forward might dispel the racial argument if they treated everyone the same.Your fear is that the press conference will not spill enough blood for your satisfaction.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I’m really hoping keavon merriweather is there so he can tell all the fans to **** off again. I’m all for the movement, but calling out fans is not a good look. I guarantee you it will bite him in the ass as soon as he ****s up in a game.

If Doyle is gone, KF will retire next year, since Brian has been brought up in this, he won't be the next coach for 20 years so we will hire a politically correct coach to ruin the program and go 3-9 every year. Then we'll fire him and get a new coach to go 3-9. Congratulations we will be Illinois, Nebraska, Rutgers. Great work by everyone

Well if it happens blame the people who caused it. That’s Kirk, Brian & Doyle blaming anyone else is ridiculous. People outside of Iowa looking in at this situation. Currently see fans doing nothing but attacking the players who have spoken up and protecting their coach. So is that really a look ya’ll want? No coach is worth that stain. Damage is done, you’ll never win a cover up in public opinion.
Hawk fans need to face certain facts. This happened, now you just have to rip the bandage off and deal with it. Turn a negative into a positive. Keeping your head in the sand, pretending that all was perfect does nothing but instill the the racists view of Iowa.

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT