ADVERTISEMENT

KF Leaving

IAHUNTER

HR All-American
Dec 26, 2002
Maquoketa, IA
For those that think Barta Has any say about him firing KF. Did you see the buy out.

Ace Anbender of thebucketproblem.com took on the task of compiling the various coaching contracts from across the Big Ten, and even though he knew Ferentz’s buyout was massive, the actual number turned out to be even bigger than he expected.

According to Anbender, Ferentz’s buyout is equal to $6 million per year for the duration of his contract. Since Ferentz has eight years remaining on his deal with the Hawkeyes, that means that if Iowa were to fire Ferentz today, they would still owe him a mindblowing $48 million.

Wow, that is actually completely nuts….how is Barta still employed as an AD?

And who’s Kirk’s agent? That guy must be stellar

Edit: it also explains the reasoning and Kirk’s attitude….he knows he isn’t going anywhere at any point no matter how bad things get….so he’s telling us all to correctly take a hike…

It was crickets at the end of the regular season last year. Iowa punched its ticket to Indy.

Fact is Iowa has gotten a great value in Ferentz. It’s gonna be a rough year but historically he turns it around. He has transformed the Iowa football brand, kinnick and the culture in very positive ways.

And who’s Kirk’s agent? That guy must be stellar

Edit: it also explains the reasoning and Kirk’s attitude….he knows he isn’t going anywhere at any point no matter how bad things get….so he’s telling us all to correctly take a hike…
We can rip on Barta all that we would like, but the football team was in the BIG championship last year, both basketball teams are coming off of BIG tourney championships. Mens wrestling was 1 year removed from a national championship. I really don't know how much more we could ask, and I'm not a huge fan of Barta.

Last edited:
I ask that all the time. The controversy section of his Wikipedia page is by far the longest. As a whole U of I ranks last or near last in the Big Ten every year in the directors cup rankings for performance across all sports. The whole debacle now with the inept coaches kid being hired the way he was, then made a coordinator no questions asked and failing and hamstringing the program. The ridiculous fireproof contracts he hands out.

But he brings a lot of money in from donors! Lol. There is so much money flooding into college athletics in the last two decades it's insane. He's doing it in a state where it's the only show in town and doesn't have to compete against any professional teams in football and basketball.

I ask that all the time. The controversy section of his Wikipedia page is by far the longest. As a whole U of I ranks last or near last in the Big Ten every year in the directors cup rankings for performance across all sports. The whole debacle now with the inept coaches kid being hired the way he was, then made a coordinator no questions asked and failing and hamstringing the program. The ridiculous fireproof contracts he hands out.

But he brings a lot of money in from donors! Lol. There is so much money flooding into college athletics in the last two decades it's insane. He's doing it in a state where it's the only show in town and doesn't have to compete against any professional teams in football and basketball.
Yeah, he has not been good legally for the university. I have been hoping the new president would look to have a reset, especially with the DEI issues occurring under his watch…

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
It was crickets at the end of the regular season last year. Iowa punched its ticket to Indy.

Fact is Iowa has gotten a great value in Ferentz. It’s gonna be a rough year but historically he turns it around. He has transformed the Iowa football brand, kinnick and the culture in very positive ways.
His greatest value is retaining Phil Parker all these years. Let's face it, while PP is not the only stellar coach on the staff, KF has made a living on Phil's back.

Transformed the brand? Are you serious?! Maybe from semi sexy under Hayden to not sexy but he and Hayden have almost the exact same winning percentage at Iowa. He has maintained what Hayden built but get out of here with that transformed the brand bullshit.... Hayden brought us the tiger hawk along with the uniforms we still wear today and actually had offenses that weren't a national laughingstock

Transformed the brand? Are you serious?! Maybe from semi sexy under Hayden to not sexy but he and Hayden have almost the exact same winning percentage at Iowa. He has maintained what Hayden built but get out of here with that transformed the brand bullshit.... Hayden brought us the tiger hawk along with the uniforms we still wear today and actually had offenses that weren't a national laughingstock
I think “recovered” the brand is certainly warranted. The 90s Hawks were not the same as the 80s Hawks. Hayden had some good years in the mid-90s, but the program was clearly on the downswing when Fry retired.

Reactions: amahawk
For those that think Barta Has any say about him firing KF. Did you see the buy out.

Ace Anbender of thebucketproblem.com took on the task of compiling the various coaching contracts from across the Big Ten, and even though he knew Ferentz’s buyout was massive, the actual number turned out to be even bigger than he expected.

According to Anbender, Ferentz’s buyout is equal to $6 million per year for the duration of his contract. Since Ferentz has eight years remaining on his deal with the Hawkeyes, that means that if Iowa were to fire Ferentz today, they would still owe him a mindblowing $48 million.
Thanks Barta! Then Barta should go now.

We can rip on Barta all that we would like, but the football team was in the BIG championship last year, both basketball teams are coming off of BIG tourney championships. Mens wrestling was 1 year removed from a national championship. I really don't know how much more we could ask, and I'm not a huge fan of Barta.
Might feel a little better if we were to actually win the BIG Championship!

This is a freaking joke... It's amazing how snowed some iowa fans are about KFs "success". Dive into the numbers and you will see he's slightly over mediocre the last 15 years. He's something like 15-26 versus ranked opponents in that period. Has truly stacked his wallet on a extremely weak non-con and horrible West division.

Barta's contract extension was ludicrous. I will admit that it's done and KF won't get fired with that golden parachute. However Barta still controls who is OC and can fire Brian and any point and should have done so yesterday. He won't, I know, not the "Iowa" way.

Yep. He's not getting fired.

So fans can not buy tickets, not go to games, boo or whatever it is you feel the need to do to voice your displeasure.

But it ain't getting Kirk canned.
This is what will happen and fans will lose interest again and it's not the first time with Kirk at the helm. We are not going to games with SP at QB so we decided we will be going to NFL games this year instead to get our fix. May as well watch a team that tries to win. Kirk is not trying to win trotting SP out there every week.

This is a freaking joke... It's amazing how snowed some iowa fans are about KFs "success". Dive into the numbers and you will see he's slightly over mediocre the last 15 years. He's something like 15-26 versus ranked opponents in that period. Has truly stacked his wallet on a extremely weak non-con and horrible West division.

Barta's contract extension was ludicrous. I will admit that it's done and KF won't get fired with that golden parachute. However Barta still controls who is OC and can fire Brian and any point and should have done so yesterday. He won't, I know, not the "Iowa" way.
Some of us were around prior to Frey and at the end of Frey, so we know how bad it can get. Just look at Neb. While things are Ohio St good, we're certainly above Neb (for now). We've also seen it in basketball. KF is basically Tom Davis good. At least there are some good years.

Some of us were around prior to Frey and at the end of Frey, so we know how bad it can get. Just look at Neb. While things are Ohio St good, we're certainly above Neb (for now). We've also seen it in basketball. KF is basically Tom Davis good. At least there are some good years.

Extremely sad aspirations, look at what Wisconsin has done... No way would Barry or their new AD put up with this.

How KF currently is running the program their ceiling is extremely low, we may squeak into a Big Ten Championship game once every 5 years that we don't have the offense to compete in and get completely humiliated.

Extremely sad aspirations, look at what Wisconsin has done... No way would Barry or their new AD put up with this.

How KF currently is running the program their ceiling is extremely low, we may squeak into a Big Ten Championship game once every 5 years that we don't have the offense to compete in and get completely humiliated.

So what has Wisc done? Have they won national titles? Are they in the playoffs? They're just a better version of Iowa.

I just want KF 2.0 back. It's seems like while we slept the new KF 3.0 app was installed and we can't back it out.

if this is true hope kirk doesn't decide to take the sf route to wealth accumulation
:)

The above is very true. Ferentz did not transform the Iowa brand that was no other than Hayden Fry.

True but why do his offenses suck more than not?

Much ado about nothing. Let's say Iowa has losing seasons the next few years...the offense doesn't improve...KF would likely step down and negotiate the buyout. He's grateful for the way Iowa has treated him...and I believe he truly wants the best for the program. If he's not getting the job done...he would step down.

I honestly think his goal was to have Brian become the head coach when he is done, but that isn't happening with Brian's recent performance. I think the way KF was positioning was...if in two or three year...Brian has a successful offense...the team is winning...he transitions out and Brian takes the reigns. That plan is in the dumper right now...so all bets are off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT