ADVERTISEMENT

KF: Love/hate relationship

I’m more positive than most on this board when it comes to Iowa Football. I think what Kirk has done at Iowa is incredible. So much so, that a good portion of our fanbase might see us in a higher status than what reality suggests. He’s done a lot of great, great things.

Kirk blatantly put together a convoluted plan to insert Brian as the next head coach. He put his self-interests above the health of the program. He willingly let one side of the football die on the vine, and was willing to bring Brian back AGAIN next season.

Our offense this year is both much improved, while also feeling the ill-effects of the BF failure. Everyone who has ever said, “Imagine what we could’ve been with an average offense!” should be really pissed off, because we wasted excellent defenses in 2021 and 2023, and a generational unit in 2022.

And while we are good defensively this year, we are not even close to the last three years. The opportunity to capitalize on the peak of Phil Parker’s run is gone. And it is because of Kirk.

That. Freaking. Sucks.
Maybe not as a complete a unit as the previous 3 years but it felt like the D-line was getting a more consistent push and chase Saturday. The more hurries and hits on the QB’s should eventually pay off.

It was Beth's ego and firing Brian mid season which was poor form. She should have let the season play out & then asserted her authority at the season's ending evaluation, like most AD's would have. Her insecurity and the need to insert herself into the storyline that was uncalled for & unprofessional in my opinion.
Nope. OC's don't work for any other AD's so I'm not sure why you believe that. 99% of coaches would have fired Brian the year before. Most coaches would have begun the search for a new OC the day after the current guy was let go in order to maximize the opportunity to hire the best guy available and begin the transition to the new guy the minute the season ended. Kirk chose not to utilize the time that was afforded by Beth's action. That's not a Beth problem. That was a Kirk problem.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT